Rawane Ndiaye Reportedly commits

I don't understand why we hadn't been talking to any. 6 months ago there was the risk of Stokes going pro and Maymon either not fully recovering or deciding to go play in Europe instead of coming back for another year. I would think CCM would have had a relationship built with somebody.

:good!: Exactly. I guess, it will just fall on him if he did not do his job of at least building a relationship with a recruit for reasons like this.

We didn't have room at the time, I'm sure if he knew Yemi was leaving in January he'd have been recruiting some bigs.

Not trying to turn this discussion, but Memphis is in a very similar position. Black decides to transfer and now Pastner is scrambling for anyone over 6'8", they'll likely bring in a JUCO big that isn't on level with the other recruits, but he's gotta add a big body so sometimes you have to take a guy like this.

We didn't have room bc our roster is filled with guys that add very little to our time.....I could Care less what Memphis is doing, I'm not a Memphis fan....it may not end up hurting us but he has not done a good job in that area so far.

So you've posted somewhere in the last 4 months that we need to be recruiting a big man for next year?

He was looking at Maymon, stokes and yemi manning the post, with some possible minutes from Reese and Davis, that was plenty at the time. You also factor in we were already one over scholarship and it was unlikely for them to go recruit a big.

remember guys, if it wasnt posted, it cant be true

We didn't have room at the time, I'm sure if he knew Yemi was leaving in January he'd have been recruiting some bigs.

Not trying to turn this discussion, but Memphis is in a very similar position. Black decides to transfer and now Pastner is scrambling for anyone over 6'8", they'll likely bring in a JUCO big that isn't on level with the other recruits, but he's gotta add a big body so sometimes you have to take a guy like this.

isn't on level? this guy isn't even on the same division of what UT should be getting.

remember guys, if it wasnt posted, it cant be true

Not what I said, he was saying something we should've been doing and sounded very adamant about it, so I figured it was something he had addressed before.

I haven't seen anyone really saying within the last 2-3 months that we should be trying to add a big, now all of a sudden everyone is saying we should've been adding a big.

So you've posted somewhere in the last 4 months that we need to be recruiting a big man for next year?

He was looking at Maymon, stokes and yemi manning the post, with some possible minutes from Reese and Davis, that was plenty at the time. You also factor in we were already one over scholarship and it was unlikely for them to go recruit a big.
I don't know exactly how I said it but we have had many discussions about his recruiting sucking and I didn't understand a lot of his signees and that we needed more size and a pg or two.

I don't know exactly how I said it but we have had many discussions about his recruiting sucking and I didn't understand a lot of his signees and that we needed more size and a pg or two.

I remember the PG talk, ive said it along with many...I just don't remember anyone making a stink about needing to add a big, until now.

I remember the PG talk, ive said it along with many...I just don't remember anyone making a stink about needing to add a big, until now.

I know I have mentioned it.....I saw kenny hall leaving.....yemi not that good and the possibility of stokes leaving......next yr is even worse unless our freshman are ready to play......we might be pitiful the following season.

I know I have mentioned it.....I saw kenny hall leaving.....yemi not that good and the possibility of stokes leaving......next yr is even worse unless our freshman are ready to play......we might be pitiful the following season.

Might be...or might be elite.

VN Store

Back