Rawane Ndiaye Reportedly commits

Hold up, my fault? Seriously? Just trying to understand the recruitment of CCM. Definitely need a big, but I would rather settle for a quality big (if available). If we are going to compete with Kentucky we have to recruit better than a guy avg 2 pts a game. I fully understand UT is not going to be able to recruit on the same level as what Calapari is capable of doing, but to offer a guy a scholly with those numbers has got to be puzzling. Also, this is a first hearing of Yemi leaving.

That's the thing, there isn't much available. Definitely not at the high school level, there were a few JUCO bigs out there, but those are guys who've been getting recruited by schools for awhile...this was kind of a one or two week ago rush to find a backup it seems.

Here's my take...the guy wont be a starter ever, and hell in a year may even transfer out, however...if its true that Yemi is leaving and Stokes is rerunning we have one center, that's Stokes a 6'8" guy who doesn't want to play center. What happens if he gets in FT, what happens if he gets injured...we have no size behind him to even come him and rebound/defend and probably most importantly be a 5 foul body. I see this guy as basically filling Yemis role, thats it, nothing more noting less.

I'm praying on Stokes staying, Maymon being heathy, and CCM recruiting two very good bigs this next class. CCM can't be a coach that settles for a NCAA tourney once every 3-4 years. He's go to get his recruiting in order so that we can win year in and year out. There are zero breaks for CCM this year. I've been a full supporter for him, but you can't argue for him when's he's had 3 years to get a PG and quality depth across the board. Josh, Moore, Q, and Stokes have been solid. Yemi, Washpun, Edwards, and Reese (he's got some potential tho) not so much. You can bat 50% and expect to compete every year.

If reports are true and this is essentially a swap of Ndiaye for Yemi will people calm down?

And if that is true, from what I've been reading about him it would be an upgrade at the position.
Started the 21-13 season in a walking boot and worked his way into playing time.
One of his better games was 5 pts 11 rbds and 4 assists.
Western C Recruiting profile
Listed at 6-11, 260-lbs., Rawane Ndiaye (pronounced Ruh-wan-knee N-jeye) will play his final prep season this year at Body of Christ Academy in Raleigh. Over the past two seasons under head coach Patrick Washington, he helped lead Woodrow Wilson HS in Dallas to back-to-back regional semifinals appearances. During that same span, the Wildcats won 48 games.

"Rawane (Ndiaye) is a talented big man who has good mobility and likes to compete and bang," said Hunter. "He has good hands, feet and touch - especially around the basket area - with potential to improve. His length, width and strength will allow him to command attention on the court. He also runs well for a big man and should provide us with a good low post presence for several years."

Along with fellow signee, Hall, Ndiaye played summer AAU basketball with the DFW Urban Elite.

Last edited:
If reports are true and this is essentially a swap of Ndiaye for Yemi will people calm down?

No.......he appears to have absolutely no plan when it comes to recruiting......there was a chance maymon may not be back next yr.....stokes is always a threat to leave and he only has yemi as a true back up reserve.....now that yemi may leave his back up plan is a guy that looks like a poor man's yemi.....I'm losing more and more confidence by the day.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't even know where to look for this information, as I'm relatively out of the loop of basketball, High school in particular, but does anyone have information on his defensive production, particularly opponents PPM w/ him in and w/ him out? We all know CCM is a defensive guy, so that's about the only straw I can grasp at right now behind the reasoning of this. Surely there's another 6'10-11 guy out there that has put more than 1 basket in per game.

So we rip Yemi all year for doing nothing and now that he's being replaced with a Cuonzo recruit (that we know nothing about) we act like we're losing an all-american? Alright Zo haters, calm down, go back to the football boards, and come back in August to tell us how poorly Martin's scheduling is.

Reactions: 2 people
No.......he appears to have absolutely no plan when it comes to recruiting......there was a chance maymon may not be back next yr.....stokes is always a threat to leave and he only has yemi as a true back up reserve.....now that yemi may leave his back up plan is a guy that looks like a poor man's yemi.....I'm losing more and more confidence by the day.

You don't think he knew Maymon was coming back in January?

Similar players, maybe. Why not recruit a kid that will actually improve the team ?

What big man in April is available, that we would have a legitimate shot at? The few that we're are JUCOs who have been getting recruited by schools for 6 months, from what I gather this recruitment stated about 2 weeks ago.

You don't think he knew Maymon was coming back in January?

I don't want him to wait to January to start preparing for our future.......best case scenario for bigs next yr at the time was maymon.....stokes.....and yemi.....yemi has not shown that he is ready for many minutes yet.....we needed more depth period and that doesn't mean am absolute project like he is going to sign now.

What big man in April is available, that we would have a legitimate shot at? The few that we're are JUCOs who have been getting recruited by schools for 6 months, from what I gather this recruitment stated about 2 weeks ago.

We needed a big man before now he just didn't recruit one.

I don't want him to wait to January to start preparing for our future.......best case scenario for bigs next yr at the time was maymon.....stokes.....and yemi.....yemi has not shown that he is ready for many minutes yet.....we needed more depth period and that doesn't mean am absolute project like he is going to sign now.

We didn't have room at the time, I'm sure if he knew Yemi was leaving in January he'd have been recruiting some bigs.

Not trying to turn this discussion, but Memphis is in a very similar position. Black decides to transfer and now Pastner is scrambling for anyone over 6'8", they'll likely bring in a JUCO big that isn't on level with the other recruits, but he's gotta add a big body so sometimes you have to take a guy like this.

Reactions: 1 person

I don't understand why we hadn't been talking to any. 6 months ago there was the risk of Stokes going pro and Maymon either not fully recovering or deciding to go play in Europe instead of coming back for another year. I would think CCM would have had a relationship built with somebody.

Reactions: 2 people
We needed a big man before now he just didn't recruit one.

So you've posted somewhere in the last 4 months that we need to be recruiting a big man for next year?

He was looking at Maymon, stokes and yemi manning the post, with some possible minutes from Reese and Davis, that was plenty at the time. You also factor in we were already one over scholarship and it was unlikely for them to go recruit a big.

I don't understand why we hadn't been talking to any. 6 months ago there was the risk of Stokes going pro and Maymon either not fully recovering or deciding to go play in Europe instead of coming back for another year. I would think CCM would have had a relationship built with somebody.

Beginning of the season we were recruiting some bigs, when it was decided Maymon would redshirt we stopped recruiting them.

I will also say (and many won't like this, and I'm not saying this is good) remember this staff thought they had Nichols. They stopped recruiting the other bigs on their board at the time because they thought they had him. They lose Nichols, then Maymon decides to redshirt and they basically stopped recruiting bigs

Last edited:

VN Store

Back