Question for pro Kiffin members

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 28-15 at USC under crazy sanctions. He took Phil's lack of recruiting depleted roster with a no confidence qb and turned us into a competitor at 7-6. He did poorly while very young with the raiders...i will give you that one. But your other two examples of how he has sucked are weak.

Sanctions that he helped bring on while he was a part of the coaching staff. Just like the sanctions he left us with.

Really? How is that not comparable? You'd have to be a complete gutless, b*tchboy to take back a coach that has been publicly mocking you since he left. He set our program back 5 years. I'd rather let Fulmer find us a coach that fits our program. Have some pride.

First off, he didn’t “cheat” on us.

Kiffin told Hamilton that USC was the only job in America he would leave UT for if it was ever offered to him.

With that knowledge, Hamilton put basically no buyout in his contract. So “We” basically made it easy as possible for him to walk out on us. We basically gave him a hall pass.

Lastly, for him to such a “cheating girlfriend” why were people so angry and burning furnitures when he left. If someone was cheating on me, i’d be happy they left. In your own analogy, you’re making the case that you still want him back.

Also, love the name calling. Still doesn’t make your analogy even close to comparable.

Reactions: 2 people
You could play that game all day with every coach in the NCAA. The fact is, those plays still counted.

Did i say they didn’t? No. But the fact is he took a horrible roster did a 180 from 2008 in Fulmers last year.

Must not understand football and X’s and O’s If you don’t recognize the development that occurred.

You should be grateful, those tweets about Currie and his inability to run a damn coaching search may have helped led to his firing..

I don’t need to be grateful for anything. Neither the Fulmer or Haslam think Kiffin is more than a s**t stain. He will NEVER be apart of Vol Nation again.

It's how he left, what he tried to do to our program on the way out (calling recruits and telling them not to enroll), and then trolling us every year since.

It's how he left, what he tried to do to our program on the way out (calling recruits and telling them not to enroll), and then trolling us every year since.

You would have done the same if you were a coach at USC and UT came open and Was your dream job. Don’t be foolish. Recruits commit to coaches.

That’s a good way to end a conversation. I certainly don’t wanna say anything good about Kiffin now. Because according to you that would mean I’m an idiot. And nobody wants to be labeled an idiot. So no other opinions please. Is that about right? Not even a grown up conversation?

Don’t need to discuss it. Had he left after 1 year and never mentioned Tennessee again, I’d say bring him back. That isn’t the case. He takes shots at our program every chance he gets.

Did i say they didn’t? No. But the fact is he took a horrible roster did a 180 from 2008 in Fulmers last year.

Must not understand football and X’s and O’s If you don’t recognize the development that occurred.

I understand X's and O's very well. I'll give him credit for what he can do as a play caller. Don't want anything to do with every other aspect of him as a coach.

I understand X's and O's very well. I'll give him credit for what he can do as a play caller. Don't want anything to do with every other aspect of him as a coach.

So he wasn’t a good coach for Crompton or Hardesty? Both weren’t getting drafted without him.

Kiffin also guaranteed Eric Berry being a top 5 draft pick. Also got Dan Williams drafted too.

Doug Dickey was the coach at UT for 6 years with a record of 46-15-4 and in 1969 after losing to Florida in the Gator bowl he quit and became the coach for Florida. You can imagine the hate for him because he left. But we overcome the hate and hired him as our AD 1985 to 2002 because our love for UT trumps the hate we had for him leaving. One of UT best ADs.

Really? How is that not comparable? You'd have to be a complete gutless, b*tchboy to take back a coach that has been publicly mocking you since he left. He set our program back 5 years. I'd rather let Fulmer find us a coach that fits our program. Have some pride.

Kiffin or Hamilton set us back?

ADPF meets with the team and they tell him, to the man, they want Coach Kiffin to lead them. What's he gonna do?

ADPF contacts current recruits and commits , like he said he would do in the presser. First question he hears from every one- Will you hire Coach Kiffin please? What's he gonna do?

So he wasn’t a good coach for Crompton or Hardesty? Both weren’t getting drafted without him.

Kiffin also guaranteed Eric Berry being a top 5 draft pick. Also got Dan Williams drafted too.

I'll give him credit for developing Crompton, but I give Gran the credit for Hardesty.

If you really believe that Eric Berry wasn't getting drafted in the top 5 without Kiffin then I don't know what to tell you. He was the #1 overall recruit coming in and never disappointed during his career. He would have gone Top5 under Derek Dooley or Butch Jones.

He ain't getting offered, so give it up

Think about this. It's not just about Saban. It's about Saban, Jimbo Fisher, Mullen, Smart and maybe Lane Kiffin if another SEC picks him up.
Look at Texas A & M and take a look at Jimbo's resume. Let me put it this way. In manufacturing, you have several openings for your plant. Folks apply for the job and you are looking and separating resume for future interviews. Some resumes will be looked at and filed away never to be looked at again. Why? Because they do not and will never meet your GOALS for your company. What are your goals and how do you plan on getting there and WHO can help your company to Achieve those goals. Why is searching for a football coach be any different? One aspect of our immediate goal at UT is to WIN and be competitive in the SEC. Look around you folks. Saban, Jimbo Fisher, Mullen, and Smart are not one of those resumes you would just file away and never look at again. I hope you get my point. I really don't give a rat's ass if the new pick has UT ties or not. But can he WIN in the SEC? Can he defeat these coaches on regular bases? This is what we need to concentrate on. What are our goals and who do we need to hire to get us there? It's in Fulmer's hand and time is running out. Make a wise choice. Forget about the money and hire the best there is available based on what UT goals are. And can that person take us to the promised land of winning and recruiting? Be wise and smart because now Mr. Fulmer you own the future of UT football.

I'll give him credit for developing Crompton, but I give Gran the credit for Hardesty.

If you really believe that Eric Berry wasn't getting drafted in the top 5 without Kiffin then I don't know what to tell you. He was the #1 overall recruit coming in and never disappointed during his career. He would have gone Top5 under Derek Dooley or Butch Jones.

Jesus Christ ...... Eric Berry worst year of his career was under the Kiffin’s ..... They played him at the line of scrimmage constantly instead of letting sit back and make plays on the ball.

Kid was a lock for NCAA INT return yards in a career before Kiffin.

Reactions: 1 person
What sanctions?

We were on probation for 2+ years and had a number of official visits stripped away bc of what he did during his time here.

Go back and look it up. There is plenty out there on what he did while at Tennessee.

Jesus Christ ...... Eric Berry worst year of his career was under the Kiffin’s ..... They played him at the line of scrimmage constantly instead of letting sit back and make plays on the ball.

Kid was a lock for NCAA INT return yards in a career before Kiffin.

Exactly! That's what I was saying. To say that Kiffin is responsible for Berry being a top5 pick is ridiculous. :crazy:

This is the real risk with Kiffin. You'd have to totally risk your career as an AD to reach out and make an offer to him.

It couldn't be any worse than those that use an offer to get a matching offer where they are. We have been turned down more than once already.

Okay now you’re crazy. Reason Berry went top 5, which had never been done before with a safety, was because under Kiffin, he played a hybrid Linebacker/Safety. It’s what the Chiefs were raving about.

Berry was likely too 15, but wasn’t a top 5 draft pick until Kiffin showed up.

....goodbye with PF as AD. He won't hire anyone with more charisma than himself, which is about like a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back