Question for pro Kiffin members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer actually won something, beat Bama, beat Florida, even went undefeated. Kiffin went 7-6 and left in the middle of the night after 1 year.

Guy made a mistake, do we hold it against him forever? As I said earlier if he’d done it to another SEC school you’d want him.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin has averaged 8.5 wins per season as a college Head Coach. That’s better than the past 8 years we just dealt with.

His floor is Butch’s ceiling and he can clearly recruit and develop talent. Something Butch couldn’t do.

Never have I said Dooley or Butch were worth a ****, and it's Kiffin's fault we got into that mess.

Kiffin is a good coach, pretending he's already a hall of famer is silly. If he hadn't left us high and dry in the middle of the night and trolled us ever since then id be fine with him coming to Tennessee. But he did and doesn't deserve another chance here, if he loved it so much he should have never left.

I’ve noticed this about this past week. Being a comms person for a big time AD or football program would be easy. Most comms people are just former student workers who rise up the ranks. Go hire a comms person with political experience and you can spin anything. Comms folks did a horrible job combatting the Schiano Hire and made TN look like they were rejecting him because of Penn State stuff.

It would be very easy to spin his return.

This was a very unique and unusual situation this week. 99% of the time, no political experience would be needed.

Guy made a mistake, do we hold it against him forever? As I said earlier if he’d done it to another SEC school you’d want him.

If ut were another school he'd burned, sure, but it wasn't another school. It was Tennessee.

Never have I said Dooley or Butch were worth a ****, and it's Kiffin's fault we got into that mess.

Kiffin is a good coach, pretending he's already a hall of famer is silly. If he hadn't left us high and dry in the middle of the night and trolled us ever since then id be fine with him coming to Tennessee. But he did and doesn't deserve another chance here, if he loved it so much he should have never left.

Please show me where i said “Lane Kiffin is a Hall of Famer”

It’s not Kiffin’s fault we ended up with Dooley and Butch.

Reactions: 2 people
+1

To Fulmer...

Kiffin is a traitor that never held the Vols and UT as his dream job in the first place.

Fulmer will never reach out to Kiffin.
Dreams change with age, maturity and the reality of the REAL dream being unobtainable. Gruden fans ought to realize this as well.

I wanted to be an astronaut and fly the space shuttle. I have to 'settle' for this:
IMG_9471.jpg

Last edited:
Agents will talk, nothing in writing. Get it done, bring Tee with or without Kiffin. Hate to say it Kiffin May be the best coach out there, and he would work his ass off to beat Satan.

Reactions: 3 people
What dont you understand? Its not about where he is coaching at or if he's a good coach or not. He will not be interviewed, offered, even thought of because of how he left us in 2010.

Because Fulmer would rather destroy the program "he loves so much" than to let go of his petty revenge on Kiffin.

So we trust that Phil has the our best interest in mind. He loves UT and is grateful to be a part of it. But he is going to go get an arrogant, smug coach that is always making twitter jabs who appears to lack the maturity. Lets see how it plays out. I don't see it. Doesn't make sense.

So we trust that Phil has the our best interest in mind. He loves UT and is grateful to be a part of it. But he is going to go get an arrogant, smug coach that is always making twitter jabs who appears to lack the maturity. Lets see how it plays out. I don't see it. Doesn't make sense.

So Phil is going to go on some personal revenge against his successor who is one of smartest X’s and O’s Coach/recruiter for better of the program?

I would obviously love to see Kiffin back at UT. However, i think it would be wise to atleast have an interview with Phil. If Lane has truly changed like he’s said in every interview since Saban, he and Phil should be able to have a frank conversation.

If Phil admits that the game has changed since his coaching days, it makes zero sense to not interview Lane who just said he is working to make a “Bama heavy, Baylor infused Spread” offense. He’s clearly one of the smartest coaches in the game.

You guys that are wanting Kiffin look pathetic. He is doing well in the CUSA and that's where he belongs. He's not fit for a big time job, and there are 3 examples to show that (Raiders, UT, USC).

All you people wanting Kiffin back should really step back and think about how you look. It'd be like you're gf/wife cheating on you and leaving you in the middle of the night, then spending the next 8 years publicly making fun of you and laughing about how she left you and how bad off you are, and then you taking her back just bc she started to show interest again.

I wouldn't piss on kiffin if he was on fire... Well, maybe, but I'd let him burn for a while first and then just do it for the sake of wanting to piss on him.

You guys that are wanting Kiffin look pathetic. He is doing well in the CUSA and that's where he belongs. He's not fit for a big time job, and there are 3 examples to show that (Raiders, UT, USC).

All you people wanting Kiffin back should really step back and think about how you look. It'd be like you're gf/wife cheating on you and leaving you in the middle of the night, then spending the next 8 years publicly making fun of you and laughing about how she left you and how bad off you are, and then you taking her back just bc she started to show interest again.

I wouldn't piss on kiffin if he was on fire... Well, maybe, but I'd let him burn for a while first and then just do it for the sake of wanting to piss on him.

Please spare us the girlfriend ex analogy. That is completely stupid and is not comparable at all. Do better.

Reactions: 4 people

He was 28-15 at USC under crazy sanctions. He took Phil's lack of recruiting depleted roster with a no confidence qb and turned us into a competitor at 7-6. He did poorly while very young with the raiders...i will give you that one. But your other two examples of how he has sucked are weak.

Please spare us the girlfriend ex analogy. That is completely stupid and is not comparable at all. Do better.

Really? How is that not comparable? You'd have to be a complete gutless, b*tchboy to take back a coach that has been publicly mocking you since he left. He set our program back 5 years. I'd rather let Fulmer find us a coach that fits our program. Have some pride.

He was 28-15 at USC under crazy sanctions. He took Phil's lack of recruiting depleted roster with a no confidence qb and turned us into a competitor at 7-6. He did poorly while very young with the raiders...i will give you that one. But your other two examples of how he has sucked are weak.

Also was two plays away from being 9-3 in his first regular season.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back