Ps4

I would imagine the bundles available on Amazon are launch released. Playstation's Facebook was advertising as them still being available for day one delivery.

An ad in the Sun in the UK has the launch listed as Nov 21. Obviously US might differ by a couple days.

2 fairly reputable retailers in Europe have it listed as Nov 13. One them has the xbox listed as nov 21.

So, its got to be sometime around there.

what about the standard edition? it has the same date 12/31 but doesn't say launch. Does it also come out on launch day?

If so, I'll just go ahead and preorder that one

No, launch means your guarenteed to get it on release day. Standard edition ships when they get more in. Could be the next day or 2 weeks later. Thats why i got the bundle, only way to still get it on release day.

I ordered the battlefield 4 bundle last night, which says I will get on launch date. Comes with PS Plus for 1 year I think, which you get $10 off on it. Not a bad deal.

Is this good or bad for getting a ps4 from GameStop on time

I assume it means that Sony is confident that they can keep up with demand. Though I don't know if these "unlimited pre orders" are supposed to be launch guarantees or just through the holidays.

That is awesome, but I would be surprised if they can get all of those out at launch. The question is how long until they will be in stock.

That is awesome, but I would be surprised if they can get all of those out at launch. The question is how long until they will be in stock.

To quote an industry insider over at bluray.com (yes he really IS an insider)...

"Sony's design team absolutely smashed it this time. No PS3 style production issues or expense. Amazing job by Mark Cerny!"

Yeah, from all accounts from devs, the PS4 wont have the hardware restrictions that the PS3 had as far as game development. Meaning that this time around, the PS4 will be dev friendly

From IGN on the PS4 controllers

Critics of the previous design will be happy to know that the company has made significant improvements to the ergonomic feel of the handles, triggers, and shoulder buttons.
As a player with fairly large hands, the previous design felt cramped and small — the DualShock 4 resolves much of these issues. The handles are more rounded and designed in such a way to conform with the palm of your hand as you play. The shoulder buttons and triggers, while not much larger than the previous iteration, feel much more natural by curving with your fingers. Most importantly, the triggers are convex (aka curve inward), which prevent your finger from sliding off as you make fast taps or when holding them down.
Critics of the previous design will be happy to know that the company has made significant improvements to the ergonomic feel of the handles, triggers, and shoulder buttons.

More importantly, when we actually played the game, the DualShock 4 felt great. It's light, responsive, and comfortable -- the new thumbsticks with convex tops cradle your thumbs, and the triggers easily hold your pointer fingers. As for the face buttons, things are nigh identical with previous DualShock iterations. The standard ex / triangle / circle / square combo remains, and looks just about the same as on the DualShock 3. Though the touchpad didn't have any in-game effect in DriveClub, the pad is easily clickable and not too far from your thumbs to quickly jump from face buttons to it.
The Eye's light bar-tracking is very impressive, and allows for some fun stuff: rubbing the trackpad brings out Asobi, like a genie's lamp. There's another demo with little robots that live inside the DualShock 4, which gives you an impression of how the speaker works as well as how quickly the buttons activate. The difference between when you push the button and when you see it activate on-screen is imperceptible, as it should be.

The camera also tracks its Z-axis location in the world because of the PS4 Eye, which allows for some other neat tricks. You can use the DualShock 4 to virtually collect little robots with a vacuum, which tracks where the controller is and sucks up the guys where the controller goes (the vacuum animation even follows along with the DualShock 4 as it moves).

DriveClub gave me my first chance to try out the new PS4 controller in a racer. I'm glad to say that the DualShock 4 feels like it was made for racing games. Everything from the grippy analog sticks to the hand feel and weight made me want to take the controller home with me. I really dug the new triggers of the DS4. Their improved sensitivity and grip made getting back on the road easy. There are nice finger indentations on these triggers that make accelerating and braking feel more secure and solid than ever. Evolution did a nice job of using what Sony gave them to dial in a great drive feel.

For me, DualShock 4’s most impactful new feature is a subtle but shockingly satisfying detail: A glossy cross-hatched texture that wraps around the larger handles. This texture is a delight because it provides a snug, more comfortable grip on the device compared to DualShock 3’s slipperier feel. This is one of those things you’ll need to try for yourself to truly understand, but once you experience it there’s no going back. It’s a delight.
Then there are the redesigned and retuned analog sticks, which now boast a concave surface and slightly stiffer deadzone that makes it easier to maneuver the camera using small, precise movements. The surface is also more tactile, but not so much that it impedes your thumb’s ability to glide around the inner rim as your make subtle adjustments to your aiming reticule in shooters like Blacklight: Retribution. Much like DualShock 4’s new textured grips, the revamped analog sticks are a clear improvement to the classic design sported by DualShock 2 and DualShock 3. It’s no contest.

The directional pad — always a strength on PlayStation controllers — also impressed. It boasts a unified design that reminded me of PS Vita’s well-liked pad, only oversized and sporting a more tactile matte finish. The depth and response of the pad felt just right: Not too clicky, not too mushy; not too deep, not too shallow. Meanwhile, the new Share and Options buttons that have replaced Start and Select were unobtrusively placed and felt satisfyingly click — appropriate for buttons you’ll use less frequently.
Finally, the new L2 and R2 triggers are exactly what you would hope for and expect. Featuring a slightly “hooked” design and less pressure resistance, these puppies are a perfect fit for your itchy trigger finger. I was also pleased to find that DualShock 4’s L1 and L2 buttons feel almost identical to those on PS3. Why fix what ain’t broken, right? It will be interesting to see if developers of PlayStation 4 shooters enable the player to swap the firing buttons between R2 and L2 like they often do on PS3, or if R2 becomes the universal standard going forward.

This gen, PS controller does looks WAY better than MS. I honestly do not know why MS felt they needed to change the overall shape of it. It looks like the old "Duke" controller which I hated as much as the current PS controller.

VN Store

Back