Pruitt will take a look at our quarterback situation.

JT Shrout could win the starting QB position..CJP does not have a problem playing freshman that earn it...

on a side note....Hopefully no more of the we have 25 freshman on this team that has never flown in an airplane...

You're right He doesn't mind playing Freshman but JT I think has played 1 full yr of HS Football and will need some polishing up before he's close to ready. He's still learning how to play QB he definitely will need atleast 1 year to sit, learn and get his mechanic's straight. But his potential is extremely high.

What do we have now? 5 or 6 QB's on the roster..I just do not see him keeping all of them..It is gonna be a real competition for the starting job.. I can guarantee that who ever it is will know also...And will not have to wait till game time to find out...GBO

JT Shrout could win the starting QB position..CJP does not have a problem playing freshman that earn it...

on a side note....Hopefully no more of the we have 25 freshman on this team that has never flown in an airplane...

I’m hoping he does get the nod. I’d love to start over from the sh*t show of qb’s we just witnessed.

With this coaching staff I really hope we see a few breakout players next year..We have raw talent that was just not coached..I believe we will see a team like we have not seen in years..GBO

What do we have now? 5 or 6 QB's on the roster..I just do not see him keeping all of them..It is gonna be a real competition for the starting job.. I can guarantee that who ever it is will know also...And will not have to wait till game time to find out...GBO

Only 3 Scholarship QB's plus JT. If the rumors about JG transferring are true then we have 2 Sophomore's and a soon to be True Freshman. Wouldn't surprise me if JP is looking at a Grad Transfer if he fits their system. If for nothing else to add some Depth. Sounds like their could be up in the 10+ QB's looking to transfer. Hopefully we can get a Grad Transfer wo could play immediately if he was the best option.

I can agree with that somewhat. Also a new blocking scheme and new look to the OL might help as well. I’m just still disgusted is all.

Kinda makes you appreciate Dobbs even more. As someone said about the playbook "when all else fails, **** it, let Dobbs improvise."

But yes, the OL needs significant work in order to give the QB a little more time to read.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, we did have the run into the line play down pretty good...Also, the screen play was a staple of our air attack...Don't forget if 9 yards was needed for a first down, be sure and only go out 8 yards for a pass...

Our playbook was probably 4 plays....:clapping:

The flea flicker where everyone blocks.

Y'all can say what you want, Jeremy was not prepared for that play, and I'm certain he had never seen it executed like that before.

Who do you guys think is the most gifted between Guarantano and Dormady? If player development was really the problem maybe a good coach can get more out of one of them. We saw Nathan Peterman and Riley Ferguson leave and become good qbs elsewhere. I think it is possible they may be better than what we saw.

One thing is for sure. Pruitt has already studied them both when he was the DC at Bama. He knows their strengths and weaknesses.

Only 3 Scholarship QB's plus JT. If the rumors about JG transferring are true then we have 2 Sophomore's and a soon to be True Freshman. Wouldn't surprise me if JP is looking at a Grad Transfer if he fits their system. If for nothing else to add some Depth. Sounds like their could be up in the 10+ QB's looking to transfer. Hopefully we can get a Grad Transfer wo could play immediately if he was the best option.

we have 1 or 2 walkons also..right ?

Who do you guys think is the most gifted between Guarantano and Dormady? If player development was really the problem maybe a good coach can get more out of one of them. We saw Nathan Peterman and Riley Ferguson leave and become good qbs elsewhere. I think it is possible they may be better than what we saw.

One thing is for sure. Pruitt has already studied them both when he was the DC at Bama. He knows their strengths and weaknesses.

I am sure everyone on the team is better than what we saw..All of them should improve...

I am not sure either QB fits his scheme..But we will see who emerges victorious....

It's a tough call to pick between JG, Dormady and even tossing McBride into the mix since none of them have had any decent coaching (in my opinion). Of the three, Dormady seems to be the most like Peterman and Ferg that might do well under a Norvell type of coach. It's too early to tell on McBride. I think JG has the potential to be a solid QB, but there's just something...off about him.

Overall, I tend to think it's about instincts. I hate living in the past, but Dobbs just had the vision to see where he could tiptoe between the tackles and get 5-15 yards on a carry. I don't know if any of our current QB crop has that kind of instinct to see open receivers or when to scramble. That could be taught with the right coaches though.

LMAO. At that moment he will realize what a ****-show he's inherited and how much work he has ahead of him.

It's nowhere near as bad as some fans are making it out to be. It was a $h+- Show because of the incompetent HC and staff we had. Players were fighting with each other, with Coach's and were doing what the hell they wanted because they weren't gonna fight and play for Butch anymore. A change in Coaching, Culture and Mindset is all it takes most of the time. He has his work cut out but it's far from the no talent having dumpster fire that some think. There is plenty of pieces in place and coming in that will give them to work with. They just need a HC and Position Coach's that know what they are doing. That they wanna play and go to war for and that they can trust. The ones who aren't on board will be weeded out like with every HC Change. A culture change can work wonders and we are nowhere near the bad shape that Dooley left us in. What Kiffin and Dooley left us in was a $*"t show. It's night and day compared to that.

It's a tough call to pick between JG, Dormady and even tossing McBride into the mix since none of them have had any decent coaching (in my opinion). Of the three, Dormady seems to be the most like Peterman and Ferg that might do well under a Norvell type of coach. It's too early to tell on McBride. I think JG has the potential to be a solid QB, but there's just something...off about him.

Overall, I tend to think it's about instincts. I hate living in the past, but Dobbs just had the vision to see where he could tiptoe between the tackles and get 5-15 yards on a carry. I don't know if any of our current QB crop has that kind of instinct to see open receivers or when to scramble. That could be taught with the right coaches though.

Absolutely. The right coaching can change everything. Just look at the year Crompton had under Kiffin and how Ainge looked the year he had under Cut.We literally had one of the worst coaching staffs in college football from a teaching and development standpoint. Prime example is UK, Vandy, Mizzou and even S.Carol all beating us with much lower rated recruiting classes and less talent.

Sadly, here it is. We went into every season under the previous idiot except 2015 and 2016 without a sure starter

Really can't do anything about the past now but I think Pruitt should ignore most of the tape from the last year.

As disjointed as the offense was, I don't think it's fair to judge any of these QBs too harshly.

Personally think Guarantano has the best shot at starting though.

I’m hoping he does get the nod. I’d love to start over from the sh*t show of qb’s we just witnessed.

So a qb coming in the fall, who had a worse high school season than the season Dormady was having that got him benched, is is the answer.

Some of you say some ridiculous things.

If JG is a ss like you say with 62% vs college teams and a 4/2 td/int ratio, what is Shrout with 51% and 1/1 ratio?

So a qb literally ranked over 1000 spots lower, with worse hs stats than they have in college, coming in the fall, should or could win the job?
:thud::crazy::crazy::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

he'll just make JG a passer first...runner second, just when he needs to keep the defense on it's heels...and

GO VOLS!

So a qb coming in the fall, who had a worse high school season than the season Dormady was having that got him benched, is is the answer.

Some of you say some ridiculous things.

If JG is a ss like you say with 62% vs college teams and a 4/2 td/int ratio, what is Shrout with 51% and 1/1 ratio?

So a qb literally ranked over 1000 spots lower, with worse hs stats than they have in college, coming in the fall, should or could win the job?
:thud::crazy::crazy::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Smh

What did I say that was not a fact?

He was ranked like 1300. JG top 75 QD 250.D

Shrout 51% 1/1td Int Ratio.

As bad or worse than what benched Dormady. Way worse than JG.

Not coming until summer.

Started one year in hs.

Not experienced or polished enough to start anytime soon.

Good POTENTIAL. Not ready now.

VN Store

Back