Pruitt will take a look at our quarterback situation.

With all due respect to CJP, I would hope the qb coach would be the one to evaluate who we have and make his recommendation to cjp as to who best fits the offensive scheme or who an offense could best be built around.

I think, obviously, both will be in on it! just a guess!

Which means 2 will leave once they get beat out

Don't see 2 leaving. Definitely 1 and that most likely being Dormady if those rumors are true.They would want to RS JT so that leaves JG and McBride battling for 1 and 2. Doubt either would transfer unless a grad transfer came in and won the job. I'm sure they are exploring all options at QB. There could be some potential Day 1 starter's as QB transfers pop up though.

I want CJP to find us a Tua...

Yes, there must be an interesting story behind that recruiting effort. One thing I learned from that presser was that a head coach could only meet (call?) with a recruiting target one time. So, Butch Jones was great at recruiting with only one visit? Wow.

According to the google thing:
"College coaches are permitted to make one telephone call each week to you or your parents. You can call the coach as often as you wish. You can make up to five Official – expense paid visits to college campuses. the visit to the campus cannot be longer than forty eight hours in duration."

Last edited:
I have zero confidence in any of our current QB's. Unfortunately coach Pruitt probably knows this. We are in a pickle.

Reactions: 3 people
I think it will be interesting to see what Shrout can do. I'd imagine a RS year, but I trust Helton to have a good eye where QBs are concerned and he could bump up in the depth chart if they feel he is the future.

I think it will be interesting to see what Shrout can do. I'd imagine a RS year, but I trust Helton to have a good eye where QBs are concerned and he could bump up in the depth chart if they feel he is the future.

Shrout was taken on potential. He was the only an we could get this late with potential a few years on down the line. He is at the very least 2 if not 3 years away from being able to contribute. We more than likely get a higher ranked an next cycle to be the heir apparent.

Shrout completed 51% of his passes with a 1/1 td/int ratio. Good arm but he needs a ton of development. He will be in the battle to replace JG if he makes it that long.

Reactions: 1 person
I have zero confidence in any of our current QB's. Unfortunately coach Pruitt probably knows this. We are in a pickle.

So because you dont know how to evaluate and develop talented players pruitt obviously cant right? Maybe you jist dont have the answer try that one.

Reactions: 2 people
How’d I know you’d unfurl the ole trusty STALKING crutch. Getting predictable. :nono: As for your post? It was SMUG and of LOW SLEAZY TASTE OR QUALITY.

So...smarmy. :wink2:

Looks like the smarmy comment struck a nerve there bud.

Such a strange little man to spend so much time here critiquing posts and trolling without ever actually adding a single thing to any discussion about the football team.

Too bad you can't engage in actual debate as to why the KNS article should be considered groundbreaking news. That might have actually been interesting.

Reactions: 3 people
Shrout was taken on potential. He was the only an we could get this late with potential a few years on down the line. He is at the very least 2 if not 3 years away from being able to contribute. We more than likely get a higher ranked an next cycle to be the heir apparent.

Shrout completed 51% of his passes with a 1/1 td/int ratio. Good arm but he needs a ton of development. He will be in the battle to replace JG if he makes it that long.

Obviously Helton saw something in him that could be developed. Whether that takes a year or two could be debated.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like the smarmy comment struck a nerve there bud.

Such a strange little man to spend so much time here critiquing posts and trolling without ever actually adding a single thing to any discussion about the football team.

Too bad you can't engage in actual debate as to why the KNS article should be considered groundbreaking news. That might have actually been interesting.

I talk about football all the time. You miss because you’re still consumed by where our HC USED to work. Go back over YOUR posts and quote the last FOOTBALL related one that doesn’t include Alabama’s former DC. I’ll triple it. And lest you worry, you affect me in no way. A source of amusement that I have no respect for. :hi:

Well, we did have the run into the line play down pretty good...Also, the screen play was a staple of our air attack...Don't forget if 9 yards was needed for a first down, be sure and only go out 8 yards for a pass...

Our playbook was probably 4 plays....:clapping:

It may have been more than that. I don't think the previous OC ever got past the first page. Of course, the quote at the bottom of the page, "If the play breaks down, let Dobbs improvise" didn't help matters last season.

I think it's really up for grabs again between QD and JG. QD can make all the throws man. It's going to be interesting.

JT Shrout could win the starting QB position..CJP does not have a problem playing freshman that earn it...

on a side note....Hopefully no more of the we have 25 freshman on this team that has never flown in an airplane...

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back