Pruitt Staffers

Here is a full list of the staff... I believe this is everyone so far:

OC: Tyson Helton (USC QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator, former WKU OC under Jeff Brohm)
DC: Kevin Sherrer (Georgia OLB Coach)
RB: Robert Gillespie
OL: Will Friend (Colorado State OC/OL Coach)
DL: Chris Rumph (Florida DL Coach)
DL: Tracy Rocker (Former Georgia/Auburn DL Coach)
DB: Terry Fair (Colorado State DB Coach)

Rocker and Rumph? Apparently our Defensive line is so bad we need two DL coaches? LOL.

Who's switching positions?

Rocker may do OLB's which may be the same as edge rushers in a 3-4. We may have 2 LBing coaches so I'm not sure how this plays out.

Isn't there suppose to be an extra coach allowed this coming season? A tenth assistant coach?

From TOS:

Brent Hubbs War Room Summary.

All staff was let go except Gillespie.

JP was in his office after 11 pm evaluating current players and commits.

Sherrer looks like he's going to be DC next year. Chris Rumph is Pruitt's choice for DL coach, but he has spoken to Tracy Rocker as well.

Brian McClendon is a possibility for WR coach. He currently holds the same position at South Carolina. He is their interim OC for the bowl game. He obviously gets a chance to fight for that job himself, but Muschamp might turn to Eliah Drinkwitz.

Rush Probst is a possibility to come on staff in some capacity.

Austin Thomas still has a chance to come on board. Hubbs believes he wants to, but LSU will do everything they can to keep him. Brian Neidermeyer from Alabama is on board.

No Haslams were at the press conference.

Bob Shoop is in line to become DC at Mississippi St.

Walt Wells is looking Big 10.

Thigpen may be in play at UNC.

Warren may look SEC East.

Canales is trying to get to BYU.

Bob Welton may stay in the current UT AD in a different role.

John Currie met with Chad Morris last week. He left the meeting three times and then told Morris he thinks he may get fired lol. He also met with Chip Kelly last month, but Kelly said he had no interest.

He brushed boosters and fellow employees off about the search.

Greg Schiano was about to get on the plane to Knoxville when his offer got pulled.

Fulmer also met with Mike Norvell.

JP's plan for the program and staff was what ultimately sold Fulmer.

Reactions: 8 people
DQegYmcXkAAOI5L.jpg

There's a storm coming.

Reactions: 7 people
Why would helton be good? What am I missing? Just dont see it but im open to someone laying it out for me.

Offense is what scres me with the hire. Everything else looks great.

Well his offense at USC has been very nice.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would helton be good? What am I missing? Just dont see it but im open to someone laying it out for me.

Offense is what scres me with the hire. Everything else looks great.

Well he was an OC in 2015 against WKU, and that offense was very effective.

Reactions: 2 people
Saw Rush Probst on the list, could be an amazing addition to recruiting...a highschool football legend, was on MTV 2 a days....

Reactions: 3 people
From what I've heard, it's Tee's wife who is not enamored with the idea of living in Knoxville. I don't think Tee wants to leave LA for that reason.

Anything less than HC and I believe you. Bu no way she stands in the way of his 1st HC gig, no matter where it's at (well assuming it's a FBS school).

If we get Tyeson Helton as our OC then I'll be very happy.

Go to the USC website and read his resume' and I think you'll agree too, A'ight.

It's starting to look like Tee is the OC in name only and that Tyeson Helton is the real OC and the QB coach that really makes things go.

VFL...GBO!!!

If we get Tyeson Helton as our OC then I'll be very happy.

Go to the USC website and read his resume' and I think you'll agree too, A'ight.

It's starting to look like Tee is the OC in name only and that Tyeson Helton is the real OC and the QB coach that really makes things go.

VFL...GBO!!!

I thought it’s already been announced he is coming to Tennessee just not sure in what compacity. I assume OC/QB coach but not sure.

how would that work out to pass over Tee at the same school and get the guy who's father coaches there. Is that correct in who we are talking about here or am I missing something?

Manning doesn't want Tee to come back and do well, upstaging him.

Saw Rush Probst on the list, could be an amazing addition to recruiting...a highschool football legend, was on MTV 2 a days....

And as crooked and Shady as you get. I live 5 mins from Hoover and my nephew played for him at Hoover. Great Coach but we don't want him anywhere near Knoxville.

What I really like so far is that by filling his staff so fast with quality guys that CJP must very likeable guy and people want to be around and coach for him. I may be totally wrong and he just has a tremendous amount of money to offer them and the are coming for the $'s.

VN Store

Back