Pruitt Staffers

Mike Bobo confirmed that Will Friend and Terry Fair are leaving to immediately join Tennessee and will not be coaching in the bowl game.

Reactions: 22 people
I think we have a good one now in Rock, will be interesting to see what Pruitt does.

From everything I have heard/read in relation to Rock and S/C, Butch micromanage here like everywhere else. Players had little to no accountability in workouts, etc. and Butch fostered a culture of low expectations, he promoted an honor system in relation to workouts. If Rock had been given true authority, the honor system would have been abolished.

Please correct me if my info is incorrect.

It's a brother, not son, but yes, that is who we are talking about.

Maybe those outside of this message board are just not as enamored with Tee as those on this message board.

From what I've heard, it's Tee's wife who is not enamored with the idea of living in Knoxville. I don't think Tee wants to leave LA for that reason.

Reactions: 1 person
If JP stays here 20 years we wont care if he hired Tee or not.

Tee is insurance.

He's our lifeline in case we ever get in this situation again.

I wouldnt hire the man who may eventually replace me either.

Why would helton be good? What am I missing? Just dont see it but im open to someone laying it out for me.

Offense is what scres me with the hire. Everything else looks great.

with the defense we will have, we'll need only 1 field goal to win a game... :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
but...but...but...I thought we didn't want any bammers on the staff. That's 3 more. Where does it end?

Oh, the humanity!!!! We must rise up! It takes a full staff of VFL to offset a bammer head coach....

If they can recruit, develop and coach I don't care where they are from... Hell, we'll convert them.. Haaa

Would love us to give Jeff scott from Clemson or Zach smith from Ohio st or Bryan McClendon from USCe a raise to come here

You realize Scott makes over a Million as Co Offensive coordinator at Clemson, right?

No way he leaves laterally.

:loco:

You realize Scott makes over a Million as Co Offensive coordinator at Clemson, right?

No way he leaves laterally.

:loco:

Did not know he made that much.

How about hire van jeffersons father and try to get van from ole miss? Immediate help. Wasn't butch the reason he didn't come here?

From what I've heard, it's Tee's wife who is not enamored with the idea of living in Knoxville. I don't think Tee wants to leave LA for that reason.

Some of Tee's VFL buds were pushing for fans to support Tee to the Hill on Twitter. Now this was before Currie got canned. I asked them with Tee included in the tweet that fans need him to tell us he wanted to be here. They didn't say a thing.

If what you were hearing came from here, I probably said it. And I suggested it because that was Tee's reason for not coming on board with Butch. Whether he was interested or not, we may never know. I don't know if his wife is still strangling a cat or not. But one would think if Fulmer wanted him, we wouldn't be discussing it right now.

Last edited:
A lot of people wanted Brohm; Helton was his OC at Western Kentucky. Together, they lit it up on offense. Brandon Doughty got drafted probably because of Brohm and Helton. Doughty threw close to 100 TDs in the 2 seasons that they were a unit.

Good answer. He helped Tee out a lot last year and all one has to do is go to the Trojan's forums and see how well liked this guy is. By no means a slouch. This staff is exceeding everyone's expectations by far.

Possibly interior linemen coach and edge rushers, that way they can begin the transition to a 3-4defense.

Rocker may do OLB's which may be the same as edge rushers in a 3-4. We may have 2 LBing coaches so I'm not sure how this plays out.

Did not know he made that much.

How about hire van jeffersons father and try to get van from ole miss? Immediate help. Wasn't butch the reason he didn't come here?

No, Thig

We have tried making a LB coach as D.C., how did that turn out... I hope he does well obviously, but would have rather made huge increase in a current D.C. pay to get to come here imo.

Chavis was our LB coach before becoming DC. That move worked very well for us!

Reactions: 2 people
Here is a full list of the staff... I believe this is everyone so far:

OC: Tyson Helton (USC QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator, former WKU OC under Jeff Brohm)
DC: Kevin Sherrer (Georgia OLB Coach)
RB: Robert Gillespie
OL: Will Friend (Colorado State OC/OL Coach)
DL: Chris Rumph (Florida DL Coach)
DL: Tracy Rocker (Former Georgia/Auburn DL Coach)
DB: Terry Fair (Colorado State DB Coach)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back