Protect Tennessee athletes: we need the administration to launch an inquiry on officiating when it comes to Tennessee sports.

That was the correct call though.

Totally agree and it's easy for me to agree lol. If I put the shoe on the other foot though I would argue that you can't call that there. It wasn't egregious (imo at least) and they called it on a pivotal 4th down.

Forgot that we got a BS PI in the endzone earlier in the game looking for the PI I was referring to before. Those are the calls I'm accustomed to so the correctly called PI late in the game was a nice change.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
Yes it is. Pay them more and they will be able to do full time training as refs, and won’t have to work a second job. There’s nothing in the world that you won’t be better at by doing it full time instead of part time.
The referee job is their "second" job. I know a couple of them personally

Kinda odd to see this just a couple of days after the refs really helped us beat Texas; the Jabar Gaffney phantom catch should be at the top of the list, but they did give it back to us versus Fla. a few years later when Wilhoit missed the PAT.
Agree. I visited the Texas board after they lost to TN. I’ve never visited another team’s board until that night. I was surprised but most didn’t complain about the officiating, yet gave TN credit.

The majority of our fan base doesn’t complain, but this board complains about officiating too often.

The referee job is their "second" job. I know a couple of them personally
Yeah I know, i didn’t mean second job as in secondary job, just that they have two jobs, one being refereeing. The idea is to have referees who ref as their first job. And to do that, you have to pay them more, which the money is there to be able to do.

I’d bet 100% of refs are better at their first jobs than their second job.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Yeah I know, i didn’t mean second job as in secondary job, just that they have two jobs, one being refereeing. The idea is to have referees who ref as their first job. And to do that, you have to pay them more, which the money is there to be able to do.

I’d bet 100% of refs are better at their first jobs than their second job.
I agree 100%. Need to at least, double the pay

Last edited:
Even the nba complain about how bad the officiating is.. A couple weeks ago I read they missed 5 calls in the last 2 minutes of a game.
Also during the tournament they tend to swallow the whistle more and play is a little more physical, which is good for Tenn..

OP has a point…..period. All of you apologists can talk about panties and conspiracies and crap to deflect, but if you watch any UT sports it’s damned obvious. EVERYBODY that watched that game against Texas Saturday night could see both obvious fouls on Aidoo on his dunks, the foul on Knecht on his dunk, and the forearm shiver push off on Zeigler at the tail end of the game. Texas had 3 fouls, we had 8. That is not due to refs not being able to keep up and decipher the action. A$$holes are shaving points for Vegas. If you have watched UT sports for 40 years….you know they hate us. 85 Sugar Bowl, National Championship on ABC, they hated us and did NOT want us there. Tennessee will not win another tournament game unless we absolutely skull drag the other team.
We were 15 of 18 on ft's, they were 11 of 12. Exactly what game were you watching?

HOLD OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE AND DEMAND OBJECTIVE OFFICIATING.

Honestly—how many times do we need to see the same thing. And pretend it’s a mystery. Or that it’s a coincidence.

We get absolutely terrible officiating. Consistently.

I’ve seen our teams have the momentum shifted on them because of it. It’s like our players are conditioned to freeze up when we start getting the calls against us.

We have already proven to be the school to not take the **** from the NCAA—we need to protect our athletes and let their skills determine the outcome of games by having an inquiry on officials that officiate our games.

With so much corruption possible due to the prevalence of sports betting, we need to ensure—objective officiating.

An inquiry needs to be launched immediately. We need to scrutinize officials—calls and non calls and bring it to a judiciary board and demand that Tennessee athletes determine their own outcomes. Not some corrupt official.

Purdue in the bowl game.
Purdue in the sweet 16(foul on Lamonte Turner)
Purdue in Hawaii this year with the phantom tech on Barnes that shifted momentum
UNC Music City Bowl.
Notre Dame in baseball.
Ole Miss in football. Golf ball/mustard Game.
Alabama and the Darrell Taylor roughing the paser
Alabama and the random kickoff fair catch infraction

Wayyyyy more to name.
1711578075307.gif

Reactions: Pennheel
I haven't seen issues in Basketball. The misses are clear mistakes. Football is another story... I think we exaggerate how bad it is in Football but it has been a problem at times.

I just reread the his thread. Watch Creighton get a late whistle with a few seconds left on the clock to win the game.

Agree. I visited the Texas board after they lost to TN. I’ve never visited another team’s board until that night. I was surprised but most didn’t complain about the officiating, yet gave TN credit.

The majority of our fan base doesn’t complain, but this board complains about officiating too often.

Living in Austin, I can say that most Texas bball fans are fairly pessimistic on their program and didn’t expect to win.

Yes it is. Pay them more and they will be able to do full time training as refs, and won’t have to work a second job. There’s nothing in the world that you won’t be better at by doing it full time instead of part time.
Well, we have doctors, lawyers, and other very high wage earners as refs. Fat chance them giving up those jobs. Besides, they are already full time in terms of games. What do you suggest they do?

We should also investigate whether the moon landing was faked, what happened to Jimmy Hoffa, Big Foot, and what are the real ingredients in Spam.

Oh you are missing out if you are not a regular visitor to Rupp Rafters

HOLD OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE AND DEMAND OBJECTIVE OFFICIATING.

Honestly—how many times do we need to see the same thing. And pretend it’s a mystery. Or that it’s a coincidence.

We get absolutely terrible officiating. Consistently.

I’ve seen our teams have the momentum shifted on them because of it. It’s like our players are conditioned to freeze up when we start getting the calls against us.

We have already proven to be the school to not take the **** from the NCAA—we need to protect our athletes and let their skills determine the outcome of games by having an inquiry on officials that officiate our games.

With so much corruption possible due to the prevalence of sports betting, we need to ensure—objective officiating.

An inquiry needs to be launched immediately. We need to scrutinize officials—calls and non calls and bring it to a judiciary board and demand that Tennessee athletes determine their own outcomes. Not some corrupt official.

Purdue in the bowl game.
Purdue in the sweet 16(foul on Lamonte Turner)
Purdue in Hawaii this year with the phantom tech on Barnes that shifted momentum
UNC Music City Bowl.
Notre Dame in baseball.
Ole Miss in football. Golf ball/mustard Game.
Alabama and the Darrell Taylor roughing the paser
Alabama and the random kickoff fair catch infraction

Wayyyyy more to name.
We were screwed out of a Music City Bowl Championship. Not once, but twice! Let that sink in...

VN Store

Back