Protect Tennessee athletes: we need the administration to launch an inquiry on officiating when it comes to Tennessee sports.

WhenUrVolUrVFL

HOLD OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE AND DEMAND OBJECTIVE OFFICIATING.

Honestly—how many times do we need to see the same thing. And pretend it’s a mystery. Or that it’s a coincidence.

We get absolutely terrible officiating. Consistently.

I’ve seen our teams have the momentum shifted on them because of it. It’s like our players are conditioned to freeze up when we start getting the calls against us.

We have already proven to be the school to not take the **** from the NCAA—we need to protect our athletes and let their skills determine the outcome of games by having an inquiry on officials that officiate our games.

With so much corruption possible due to the prevalence of sports betting, we need to ensure—objective officiating.

An inquiry needs to be launched immediately. We need to scrutinize officials—calls and non calls and bring it to a judiciary board and demand that Tennessee athletes determine their own outcomes. Not some corrupt official.

Purdue in the bowl game.
Purdue in the sweet 16(foul on Lamonte Turner)
Purdue in Hawaii this year with the phantom tech on Barnes that shifted momentum
UNC Music City Bowl.
Notre Dame in baseball.
Ole Miss in football. Golf ball/mustard Game.
Alabama and the Darrell Taylor roughing the paser
Alabama and the random kickoff fair catch infraction

Wayyyyy more to name.

I feel bad you lack the intelligence of seeing something bad happening to your school….over and over and over and over again….and you expect something different to happen.
All I hear is a grown man crying about a child's game lol. Put your big girl panties on and grow up. No on wants to hear your whining.

So, even if your friends on VN bought into your conspiracy claims, we all know that official inquiries with the NCAA and our infamous government, go absolutely nowhere.

Believe you'd be better off channeling your passion into something worthwhile - like face painting yourself before all Vol home games this Fall!!! Go Vols!

I think in reality, officiating is a pretty hard job, and most other major sports teams have a list of times they got screwed similar to this.

I don't think we are special. As fans of the vols, we just have way more knoweldge of the times we got screwed vs like, Seton Hall or whatever.

Honestly—how many times do we need to see the same thing. And pretend it’s a mystery. Or that it’s a coincidence.

I’ve seen our teams have the momentum shifted on them because of it. It’s like our players are conditioned to freeze up when we start getting the calls against us.

We have already proven to be the school to not take the **** from the NCAA—we need to protect our athletes and let their skills determine the outcome of games by having an inquiry on officials that officiate our games.

With so much corruption possible due to the prevalence of sports betting, we need to ensure—objective officiating.

An inquiry needs to be launched immediately. We need to scrutinize officials—calls and non calls and bring it to a judiciary board and demand that Tennessee athletes determine their own outcomes. Not some corrupt official.

Purdue in the bowl game.
Purdue in Hawaii this year with the phantom tech on Barnes that shifted momentum
UNC Music City Bowl.
Notre Dame in baseball.

Wayyyyy more to name.
Kinda odd to see this just a couple of days after the refs really helped us beat Texas; the Jabar Gaffney phantom catch should be at the top of the list, but they did give it back to us versus Fla. a few years later when Wilhoit missed the PAT.

Purdue in the bowl game.
UNC Music City Bowl.
Notre Dame in baseball.

Wayyyyy more to name.
Do refs still work other jobs and reffing is their side job? That’s the biggest issue imo unless that’s changed

At halftime of the Houston/A&M game they showed some of the drives to the basket with fouls that weren't called. Both teams fouled a lot. The refs could have could have called fouls on every possession. The game would have been unwatchable. Jay Wright said the refs were in an impossible situation. I think they do a good job overall. There are so many cameras now that you can see everything including things the refs can't see. It seems to me they are trying to call less in the tournament and this is good for us because we foul more than most teams.

Reactions: SEC__Headgear
OP has a point…..period. All of you apologists can talk about panties and conspiracies and crap to deflect, but if you watch any UT sports it’s damned obvious. EVERYBODY that watched that game against Texas Saturday night could see both obvious fouls on Aidoo on his dunks, the foul on Knecht on his dunk, and the forearm shiver push off on Zeigler at the tail end of the game. Texas had 3 fouls, we had 8. That is not due to refs not being able to keep up and decipher the action. A$$holes are shaving points for Vegas. If you have watched UT sports for 40 years….you know they hate us. 85 Sugar Bowl, National Championship on ABC, they hated us and did NOT want us there. Tennessee will not win another tournament game unless we absolutely skull drag the other team.

OP has a point…..period. All of you apologists can talk about panties and conspiracies and crap to deflect, but if you watch any UT sports it’s damned obvious. EVERYBODY that watched that game against Texas Saturday night could see both obvious fouls on Aidoo on his dunks, the foul on Knecht on his dunk, and the forearm shiver push off on Zeigler at the tail end of the game. Texas had 3 fouls, we had 8. That is not due to refs not being able to keep up and decipher the action. A$$holes are shaving points for Vegas. If you have watched UT sports for 40 years….you know they hate us. 85 Sugar Bowl, National Championship on ABC, they hated us and did NOT want us there. Tennessee will not win another tournament game unless we absolutely skull drag the other team.
I couldn’t agree more. If we don’t build an underwater sports colony soon, TV announcers and lizard people will start sex trafficking our players. This has to stop NOW.

He does have a point. The only option is to stop watching though. Bama fans are probably not happy with the game in Knoxville 2 years ago. They had a game winning interception come back on pass interference. I'm sure many teams have games that they aren't happy with the officiating. I'm certain Tennessee gets some of the worst officiating but it's death, taxes, and calls going against Tennessee. I watch anyways.

Reactions: HendoCinco
He does have a point. The only option is to stop watching though. Bama fans are probably not happy with the game in Knoxville 2 years ago. They had a game winning interception come back on pass interference. I'm sure many teams have games that they aren't happy with the officiating. I'm certain Tennessee gets some of the worst officiating but it's death, taxes, and calls going against Tennessee. I watch anyways.
That was the correct call though.

🤭

VN Store

Back