Prop Gun Fired By Alec Baldwin Kills 1 Injures 1

technology has a come a long, long way, but it's still not easy to fake a live fire. And that's the biggest thing. Everyone wants as realistic a shot/movie as possible.

(ftr, I don't disagree with you, I'm just pointing out what the counter argument is)

Completely fair observation. I was just positing there will likely be some sort of push. The scope and extent is hard to predict.

Reactions: volfanbill
Gun was a Colt 45

Billy Dee approves

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: VolnJC
What is the projectile in a stunt gun? Is it plugged and the plug becomes dislodged or something?

Should just be blanks. Only gunpowder and paper wadding in the load. I know, because we used blanks in real guns in both my junior and senior plays in HS. In the later, it was me and one other guy doing a quick draw. And by the time we got through doing rehersals, we had hit each other between the eyes with the paper wadding at least three times before our teacher took us to stop trying.

There should be no projectiles in a stunt gun of any kind.

Waiwaitwat...if a "disgruntled saboteur" intentionally loaded a live round into a prop gun we're talking a hell of a lot more than "wrongful death".
Think this was the armorer's lawyers sewing the seeds of reasonable doubt....that gun is her responsibility and from the article they admitted she was doing other site jobs and it was unattended...from what I read most good experienced keep guns under lock and key and personally hand them off to director or responsible assistant

Think this was the armorer's lawyers sewing the seeds of reasonable doubt....that gun is her responsibility and from the article they admitted she was doing other site jobs and it was unattended...from what I read most good experienced keep guns under lock and key and personally hand them off to director or responsible assistant

Perhaps, whatever the case the phrase "disgruntled saboteur" is one hall of an accusation when it resulted in someones death.

Reactions: VolnJC
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

·
16m

BREAKING: Alec Baldwin has been charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in ‘Rust’ shooting
Initially, I don’t know if I would have agreed with that charge, but the way he’s acted since the shooting is that of someone that knows they’re guilty of a crime and think they will get away with it.

Reactions: jmacvols1
I'm really surprised. I didn't think Alec Baldwin would ever be charged. This will be a big deal in the film industry. The biggest case of its kind since the John Landis/ Twilight Zone involuntary manslaughter trial. I suspect he will get off though, just like Landis did (which was an outrage).

I'm really surprised. I didn't think Alec Baldwin would ever be charged. This will be a big deal in the film industry. The biggest case of its kind since the John Landis/ Twilight Zone involuntary manslaughter trial. I suspect he will get off though, just like Landis did (which was an outrage).
I don’t think he will go to jail, but he probably will get put on some sort of probation.

VN Store

Back