Pretty embarrassing.

I have to admit, I thought that same thing. In reviewing IUs year, their offense did well but they didn’t stop anyone. Well, except us. UT didn’t score a TD until there was less than 5:00 in the game. I thought there were some horrible decisions when UT had the ball inside the 10. The lack of runs was concerning. The comeback win feels great but there is part of me that know UT should have been up 21 nothing after the first quarter.

On the first 2 drives how many times did JG over throw an open receiver in the endzone ( not to mention the open ones he missed)? The right calls were made. If he does his job we aren't even having this conversation about running the ball.

JG didn't have a good game at all. He is very inconsistent as a player at the most important position for any team. There is a reason that every good team is good.....they have a good QB. Its vital to our success.

Next year's success will be tied to QB play. Despite losing several of our best players from this year we will be more successful if our QB play is there.

Wha
Give Gray the ball every series. Let’s not underutilize him like we did Kamara. Not saying every play but he is a difference maker
What’s disappointing is that Jordan has clearly been coached up and improved as a rb, Gray is coming on and starting to make some good things happen, but Chandler has regressed. Chandler is clearly the fastest of the 3 but unless there is plenty of daylight he lowers his head and runs into the scrum. Is this coaching as he didn’t run with that style the prior 2 seasons?

That had everything to do with Josh Dobbs and ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Butch Jones.
It is possible to take that line of reason in any win by any team at any time. It is a line of reasoning used by someone who for whatever reason is determined not to give any credit to a particular coach.

That was a good win last night against a hard playing Indiana team. The onside kick call was awsome.

Can’t say we’ll miss you.

Hey if people can’t express their opinions without some idiot coming on here and making stupid assumptions (assuming fans who express their lack of confidence in a coaching staff is leaving) then what’s the point of having a forum? Get over yourself. It’s a football form. People are allowed to express their frustrations.

Just because I don’t have complete faith in Pruitt yet doesn’t mean I don’t want them to win. It took a darn miracle yesterday to win against a middling Big 10 Indiana team. Still think we kind of suck. But just like yesterday I will be overjoyed if they have success and win.

I’m not going anywhere and never will. So suck it. 🤣

Stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. We are average AT BEST at QB. We should still be up 5 instead of down by 10. I hope for the best for #2 but I just don't see it happening. Will he turn it around?
Never....he'll fool our coaches by practicing better than the other QB's and I've heard he's better at calling the protections. If indeed we do have a decent coaching staff then our #'s 1,2,3, QB's won't play a down next year. I'm for a complete overhaul at the position with HB, Holiday, and Hill. Hill is already here and been here all season. HB and Holiday hopefully will be on campus this month.
After the debacle in Jacksonville, I'm actually concerned about our offensive coaching staff. Then again it could be a simple truth that UT really hasn't had a good QB on the roster since Dobbs. If CJC earns his pay we should see a marked increase in performance from the QB position in'20. I can't foresee it being any worse.

I believe they said we ranked 119th!!! out of 120 schools in red-zone TD's.
We are very bad in the red-zone on TD's and about the worst in the nation on 4th down conversions but we have an excellent kicker. CJP has to be aware of this and we have a good defense. Those gimme FG's that Brent C. can nail easily are points left on the field that can come in handy coming down the stretch. I.E. a 4 point lead puts a lot more pressure on an offense because they have to do a lot more than get into FG range. They have to score a TD to take the lead. Then with PAT they'll have a 3 point lead. It's simple arithmetic. Also by failing to take the easy points in some cases it puts more pressure on us late in games such as BYU. Pruitt lost us that game like he almost lost this one tonight. It's a sure-fire sign of coaching in-experience. Fulmer should discuss this particular point with Jeremy. Otherwise I think UT is trending upward.

Wha

What’s disappointing is that Jordan has clearly been coached up and improved as a rb, Gray is coming on and starting to make some good things happen, but Chandler has regressed. Chandler is clearly the fastest of the 3 but unless there is plenty of daylight he lowers his head and runs into the scrum. Is this coaching as he didn’t run with that style the prior 2 seasons?
Gray's not a good blocker yet.....T.Jordan is. UT tips it's hand with TJ in the backfield

VN Store

Back