Predict the QB situation

I predict there will be a quarterback situation of one sort or another.
That's the best I can do.

I predict that nobody has a clue what will happen among the 3 freshmen. At this point any one of them could win the #2 spot. I also think there is no point in speculating who may or may not transfer before any of them have even been through their first practice.

Reactions: 1 person
I expect Jones and Jennings to also drop back and pass.

The offense it's suppose to pass. The running should only come from the qb to keep the d honest or scramble if Needed wHen the play breaks down. Dormady will complete with JoNes for backup. No way Jennings beats out these 2 so he moves to db or receiver. Competition though will make them all better.

Tennessee duke

Dobbs starts the next two years; he wins back to back Heisman trophies as well as back to back national championships becoming the first player ever to pass for 5000 yards and rush for 2500 yards. Meanwhile Dormandy takes a redshirt and Sheriron Jones plays mop up duty as a back up. Because we are blowing everyone out, Jones actually puts up some pretty good numbers in relief becoming the first quarterback without a starting a game to pass for 2000 yards and rush for 1000 yards. Juaun Jennings moves to wide receiver, but in his role as wide receiver he also has three touchdown passes on trick plays akin to the pass thrown by Marlin Lane against Iowa. In 2017, when we are the two time defending national champion on a 32 game winning streak, Sheriron Jones takes the helm as starter; he wins back to back Heisman trophies as well as back to back national championships becoming the first player ever to pass for 6000 yards and rush for 3000 yards. Although the 2018 Heisman voting is close as his top Senior standout, Juaun Jennings comes up just a few votes shy finishing second in the Heisman balloting. His back-up Quentin Dormandy gets a lot of mop up duty because of how bad we are beating people, and becomes the first back-up quarterback with no starts to pass for 3000 yards and rush for 1500 yards. In 2019, Quentin Dormandy takes the reigns as a Senior, and he wins a Heisman trophy and National title in his Senior Season, becoming the first quarterback to throw for 7000 yards and rush for 3500 yards in a season. Dormandy's Senior Season also features the larges beat down of Alabama ever witnessed as the Vols beat the Crimson Tide 84-0. In 2020, after winning three super bowls in a row, former U.T. Quarterback, Joshua Dobbs announces that he is retiring early from the NFL so that he can work for NASA on building a Warp Drive designed to bend the space time fabric so that we can finally travel faster than the speed of light. The warp drive will allow us to travel to Mars in a matter of days and Alpha Centauri in just a few of years. In 2021, Joshua Dobbs holds a press conference and announces that he has completed the warp drive, and the design of this new spacecraft. In 2022, Asto Dobbs blasts off for his trip to all of the planets in our Solar System, and a trip to Alpha Centauri. The launch is witnessed live at Tennessee's opener that year, as legendary seven-time defending national championship Coach Butch Jones has arranged to have our game played Port Canaveral, Florida at a special temporary stadium built up in a horseshoe formation with the opening built in such a way so that all the fans can watch the historic launch from the stands. GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I want the best one out there..... does not matter to me who it is. Also lets not discuss transfer, it makes no sense and if you start jabbering about it..... it becomes poison ivy and gets everywhere.

like to see what Jennings can do he looked the most physically gifted in high school... and hes an EE so he backs up Dobbs and other 2 red shirt, they need to hit the weights for a year

My prediction is that CBJ chooses the QB who knows the offense best to be the backup. He will play it safe and pick the guy most capable of executing plays. Since QD has been running tennessees offense for a year now, his dad is a coach, and he's here in the spring, I bet it'll be him.

Next year after the others catch up in playbook knowledge their athletic talent may put them ahead, but this year knowledge wins the backup job.

Dobbs will be the starter! If injured, bUTch will insert a similiar type player at q.b., like Jennings or Jones. Keep the offense going with little to no changes.
Dormady should be ahead of Jones due to him being at spring practice.

Dobbs starts the next two years; he wins back to back Heisman trophies as well as back to back national championships becoming the first player ever to pass for 5000 yards and rush for 2500 yards. Meanwhile Dormandy takes a redshirt and Sheriron Jones plays mop up duty as a back up. Because we are blowing everyone out, Jones actually puts up some pretty good numbers in relief becoming the first quarterback without a starting a game to pass for 2000 yards and rush for 1000 yards. Juaun Jennings moves to wide receiver, but in his role as wide receiver he also has three touchdown passes on trick plays akin to the pass thrown by Marlin Lane against Iowa. In 2017, when we are the two time defending national champion on a 32 game winning streak, Sheriron Jones takes the helm as starter; he wins back to back Heisman trophies as well as back to back national championships becoming the first player ever to pass for 6000 yards and rush for 3000 yards. Although the 2018 Heisman voting is close as his top Senior standout, Juaun Jennings comes up just a few votes shy finishing second in the Heisman balloting. His back-up Quentin Dormandy gets a lot of mop up duty because of how bad we are beating people, and becomes the first back-up quarterback with no starts to pass for 3000 yards and rush for 1500 yards. In 2019, Quentin Dormandy takes the reigns as a Senior, and he wins a Heisman trophy and National title in his Senior Season, becoming the first quarterback to throw for 7000 yards and rush for 3500 yards in a season. Dormandy's Senior Season also features the larges beat down of Alabama ever witnessed as the Vols beat the Crimson Tide 84-0. In 2020, after winning three super bowls in a row, former U.T. Quarterback, Joshua Dobbs announces that he is retiring early from the NFL so that he can work for NASA on building a Warp Drive designed to bend the space time fabric so that we can finally travel faster than the speed of light. The warp drive will allow us to travel to Mars in a matter of days and Alpha Centauri in just a few of years. In 2021, Joshua Dobbs holds a press conference and announces that he has completed the warp drive, and the design of this new spacecraft. In 2022, Asto Dobbs blasts off for his trip to all of the planets in our Solar System, and a trip to Alpha Centauri. The launch is witnessed live at Tennessee's opener that year, as legendary seven-time defending national championship Coach Butch Jones has arranged to have our game played Port Canaveral, Florida at a special temporary stadium built up in a horseshoe formation with the opening built in such a way so that all the fans can watch the historic launch from the stands. GO VOLS!!!

The only thing you left out was how Dobbs in 2024 organizes the first football game on Mars, really just a pickup game among the colonists, and he throws the first football ever to be launched into planetary orbit by a human's arm. Otherwise, I think you're dead on accurate.

I predict that nobody has a clue what will happen among the 3 freshmen. At this point any one of them could win the #2 spot. I also think there is no point in speculating who may or may not transfer before any of them have even been through their first practice.

Couldn't agree more. Speculating which one of them (mainly QD because he HAS to be less athletic than the other 2) will certainly transfer is kinda crazy and disrespectful to the kids, each one of which chose to commit to UT over all the other teams that offered them. I think we owe it to them not to "draw straws" on who's gonna give up his dream of being UTs QB at this point. Let's enjoy watching three very talented young men compete.

Reactions: 3 people
The only thing you left out was how Dobbs in 2024 organizes the first football game on Mars, really just a pickup game among the colonists, and he throws the first football ever to be launched into planetary orbit by a human's arm. Otherwise, I think you're dead on accurate.

Given the weak level of gravity on Mars, the strategy in a football game would change dramatically. I would imagine that 100 yard field goals would be possible. However, playing in the planetary dust storms that happen from time to time would make things difficult. Passing the ball under those circumstances would be very difficult, and I would imagine that you would have to resort to a heavy dose of the running game.

Dormady #2, Jennings ending up on D and Jones redshirting. Based off what Debord wants at QB Dormady I believe is #2. Running isn't a big part of what Debord wants from his QB and Dormady is the more polished passer right now. And Dormady has more than enough mobility.

Seriously, I'm not sold on QD transferring. I think he's a better qb than what we may think. I know we look at the system Butch is running, and think Jones will be a better fit because of running. I love a mobile qb, but if you have a prolific passer, who can run when necessary, that beats a great runner who can throw decent. As much as I hate uga, look at Aaron Murray, hate to say it, but he was great. He could run when he had to run, but one heck of a passer and game manager (minuses a few instances). I would take a qb like that any day, QD may not be that, but then again he may.

This makes lots of sense, especially, when considering the army of wide receivers CBJ recruits every year. Not to mention leads to QB longevity. I am afraid if Dobbs runs a lot this year then we will see another QB...

No way you KNOW this...you're guessing like anyone else.

Exactly. Kinda like all of these people that just "KNOW" that Jennings is going to get moved to D. I guess this is just typical stuff for the off-season.

Honestly, I just hope QD is fully healthy. I've heard that he won't be ready to throw during Spring, and I've heard he will be ready. As to who the backup is and who red-shirts, I hope they all redshirt. I hope everytime one of them thinks about going in, that Dobbs shoots em down Peyton-style.

brock.gif

Exactly. Kinda like all of these people that just "KNOW" that Jennings is going to get moved to D. I guess this is just typical stuff for the off-season.

Honestly, I just hope QD is fully healthy. I've heard that he won't be ready to throw during Spring, and I've heard he will be ready. As to who the backup is and who red-shirts, I hope they all redshirt. I hope everytime one of them thinks about going in, that Dobbs shoots em down Peyton-style.

brock.gif

QD was cleared to throw and compete in Spring practice back in February. Was posted in recruiting forum back on February 13.

Agree with you. Nobody knows much of anything right now. It'll be fun to watch. We should all just let it play, knowing that a very talented freshman will be backing up our very talented junior. It's all good.

Boy, the Dormady "dislike" (hate is just such a strong word) around here is something else. I love the other two, but just out of spite, I think I'm now gonna be QDs biggest fan.

I'm with you KB. Brad Sheppard from B/R said Dormady looked "phenomenal" throwing the ball. I think
right now he's the most college ready backup on the team, no reason to think he'll be overtaken. At least I
dont think he will.

I'm with you KB. Brad Sheppard from B/R said Dormady looked "phenomenal" throwing the ball. I think
right now he's the most college ready backup on the team, no reason to think he'll be overtaken. At least I
dont think he will.

I'm excited that we have 3 highly rated qbs coming in and I honestly haven't cared, until recently, which one could be the backup. But now, with all these posts about how Dormady can't run the offense because he's not athletic enough (read: he's white) and how he's probably gonna wind up transferring....I know it's guys' opinions and this is a message board, but it just doesn't seem right.

I heard Barton Simmons say last year when QD committed that he was one of the few qbs nationally in the 2015 class that had an elite arm and that it was a great get for Tennessee. I know that both he and Jones also got Gruden's blessing at the UT QB camp they held last year. And as you said Hop, Sheppard is fully on board with Quentin. I'm pulling for all 3 of these freshmen, but since QD is getting the most criticism, I think I might tend to pull just a little extra for him.

Reactions: 2 people
Good article about our "QB situation"...

Tennessee spring practice preview: Quarterbacks | Local News | Times Free Press

"Who wins the backup quarterback battle? It's going to be one of the three true freshmen the Vols signed in this class, and Dormady and Jennings will get the first crack at it this spring before Jones joins the mix.

Though he resumed throwing only last month after dealing with a shoulder injury, Dormady is the favorite to take the lead in the competition into the summer, because he's more polished than Jennings, who's made impressive strides as a quarterback over the course of the last year. Both should get plenty of opportunities this spring."

Seriously, I'm not sold on QD transferring. I think he's a better qb than what we may think. I know we look at the system Butch is running, and think Jones will be a better fit because of running. I love a mobile qb, but if you have a prolific passer, who can run when necessary, that beats a great runner who can throw decent. As much as I hate uga, look at Aaron Murray, hate to say it, but he was great. He could run when he had to run, but one heck of a passer and game manager (minuses a few instances). I would take a qb like that any day, QD may not be that, but then again he may.

everyone thought the same thing about Nathan Peterman when he came in as a Gatorade Player of the Year....Dormandy is destine for the same Path in my opinion. Jones and Jennings will be a fun battle to watch. JMO

Dormandy will be the #2 "This Year" in a situation similar to Peterman...So that we can redshirt Jones and Jennings for the future quarterback competition and Dormandy will Transfer either next year or after his sophomore year...Check My Stats (Sorry had too)

VN Store

Back