Predict the East

Yes

But, Florida is older and more talented

We are younger but far more talented then last year. Idk if it will lead to more wins, but there's no way our talent level has decreased, considering we just swapped a Dooley class for a top 5 new class this year.

They went 11-2 last year, we went 5-7. They have a better and more experienced defense, a more proven (not necessarily better) coach, and far more recent success than us.

and all that doesn't mean squat this year.

and all that doesn't mean squat this year.

College football rarely changes so abruptly that we would be ahead of SC this year. They were a whole 6 games (half a season) better than us last year according to the record.

We beat them last year when they had a better defense and a much better QB.

We had a rookie QB and one of the youngest teams in the SEC and still beat them. Season records don't mean squat.

Last I checked we still finished 2nd to last behind SCar even though we beat them head-to-head.

The question was where teams finished in SEC East.

Season records are a pretty good indicator of where a team will finish in the conference

sorry, i meant "yes" as in tennessee is more talented.

that was a misread and typo on my part.

You are forgiven, despite your shortcomings. I am interested though to see if souch a high level of talent, albeit young, will mean more wins. I think we're going to be one of those surprise teams this year. Will we beat you? I think we can. I expect a good game either way.

Started the worst qb in UT history. Turned the ball over six times. Still managed to stay within two scores of them.

started a red-shirt freshman,his first start ever for Ten. and you want to call him the worst QB in Ten. history. Dude,you really need to get down off your high horse and joine the commond people.:crazy:

You are forgiven, despite your shortcomings. I am interested though to see if souch a high level of talent, albeit young, will mean more wins. I think we're going to be one of those surprise teams this year. Will we beat you? I think we can. I expect a good game either way.

i think talent and no experience is better than no talent with experience.

my main concern for tennessee is always their offensive and defensive lines.

i have a skewed perspective on this as a gator fan.

you have to understand how truly terrible i think florida's offensive line is or has been. the dictionary does not have a word that can appropriately express my feelings as to just how bad they are or have been.

and in each of those years, they have had little trouble winning the line of scrimmage against tennessee.

so, that gives you an idea of what i think of tennessee's defensive line.

if tennessee can hold their own up front, they can do damage this season.

I agree that this team has potential to be better than expected. We just need some things to go our way for a change. The east is pretty wide open this year and I am hoping to see some improvement from our Vols..

I think Georgia wins it but beyond that it is difficult to predict.

started a red-shirt freshman,his first start ever for Ten. and you want to call him the worst QB in Ten. history. Dude,you really need to get down off your high horse and joine the commond people.:crazy:

You name a starting UT qb who has had a worse performance.

That game was not really close and you know it.

I honestly consider two tds to be competitive. Maybe it was watching three years of Dooley that altered my perspective.

But I consider a two score game to be a close game.

i think talent and no experience is better than no talent with experience.

my main concern for tennessee is always their offensive and defensive lines.

i have a skewed perspective on this as a gator fan.

you have to understand how truly terrible i think florida's offensive line is or has been. the dictionary does not have a word that can appropriately express my feelings as to just how bad they are or have been.

and in each of those years, they have had little trouble winning the line of scrimmage against tennessee.

so, that gives you an idea of what i think of tennessee's defensive line.

if tennessee can hold their own up front, they can do damage this season.

I agree our DL has not been good for a while. Not sure they will be any better this year. It is a major concern for this team.

The one thing that Florida has been able to do every year is beat us to the edge. I'm not sure that they will be able to do that this year. Our outside linebackers will be much better, our nickel will be night and day compared to last year, corners should be better, and the safeties should be much better. I think this is the first time since 2009 that we will have quality ends in Vereen and Maggit.

Can Florida wr screen or end around us to death this year? Possible but I doubt it. Take away that and I don't really see how their offense has an advantage over our defense.

The one thing that Florida has been able to do every year is beat us to the edge. I'm not sure that they will be able to do that this year. Our outside linebackers will be much better, our nickel will be night and day compared to last year, corners should be better, and the safeties should be much better. I think this is the first time since 2009 that we will have quality ends in Vereen and Maggit.

Can Florida wr screen or end around us to death this year? Possible but I doubt it. Take away that and I don't really see how their offense has an advantage over our defense.

They have a new OC so it's a good thing we play them later in the season. Their scheme will be different so we may have other things to deal with this game.

They have a new OC so it's a good thing we play them later in the season. Their scheme will be different so we may have other things to deal with this game.

That's true, my point was that I feel they can't just use their athleticism to beat us this time. If they are a more pro-style in the vein of Cut even better. Jancek seems to call a lot better game against that style of offense.

VN Store

Back