Predict the East

I know we should stay grounded in reality, but I'm gonna pull up the freakin' stakes and pick the Vols. :)

Some of these predictions worry me. To suggest we finish 3rd in the east also suggests an 8 or 9 win regular season. Now I remember why I stay away from VN during football season.

Reactions: 1 person
Some of these predictions worry me. To suggest we finish 3rd in the east also suggests an 8 or 9 win regular season. Now I remember why I stay away from VN during football season.

I think it might be safe to think UT will finish better and UF, Mizz, Vandy, and KY this year. Mizz lost soooooo many players, and I do believe this is the year we spank UF. It's not unrealistic.

1. Georgia-the best backfield in the SEC

2. Tennessee-competitive against everyone except Missiouri last year in the SEC.

3. Florida-coming of a 4-8 season they are due for a little luck and should benefit greatly from Missiouri and South Carolina dropping off

4. South Carolina-they haven't been able to recruit with the rest of the pack, and will suffer from major loses on the dline.

5. Missiouri-last years SEC east champ lost more talent than anyone else

6. Kentucky-a big recruiting class and another year in the same system is enough to put them ahead of Vandy

7. Vandy-between a horrible recruiting class, learning a new system, and losing many of there top players, expect a major decline from Vandy this season.

1. I can see Georgia winning the East. Ton of talent, great skill position players, 5th year senior QB, new up and comer DC.

2. Are you saying UT will finish 2nd in the East here? How? Why? Guess my definition of "competitive vs every SEC team except Missouri" is different....we weren't competitive vs Florida (after leading 7-0, Florida out scored us 31-7), Bama and Auburn either.

3. Florida should finish higher than us. I can see them finishing 3rd in the East though, behind Georgia and SCar. They'll rebound from last year due to their overall talent and getting healthy.

4. SCar will finish 1st or 2nd IMO. Recruiting doesn't seem to be the primary factor to their success. They've won 11 games 3 years in a row, have an experienced/successful QB replacing Shaw, have a great RB and will be very good again.

5. Not sure about where Missouri finishes. Lost a ton, but appear to have a dynamic dual threat QB who can mask some deficiencies. Not ready to write off the SEC East champs just yet. Pinkle has some Spurrier in him in that he produces winning seasons without great recruiting classes.

6. Kentucky's ONLY talent will be true freshmen....kinda like us. They'll finish last.

7. Vanderbilt comes off 2 9 win seasons, albeit vs ridiculously easy schedules. Their recruiting class this year will have virtually no bearing on their team this year. They redshirted virtually everyone (21), from Franklin's last class in 2013, and those guys from a top 25 class will have much more impact on this year's team than this last year's very poor one.

I think we beat one of the two between georgia and sc. All other east teams we win this year. So my prediction is
UGA or USCe
UT
UGA or USCe
MIZZOU
UF
UK
VANDY

They went 11-2 last year, we went 5-7. They have a better and more experienced defense, a more proven (not necessarily better) coach, and far more recent success than us.

We beat them last year and they lost their top defensive players.

Seriously? Their roster has a significant advantage in the talent and depth category. We are playing at their place, and if you think Spurrier has forgotten that his #10 ranked cocks lost to an unranked UT last year, you're insane. Not to mention just about every early prediction has them a top 10-15 team.

What warrants that ranking? What talent and depth?

I think it might be safe to think UT will finish better and UF, Mizz, Vandy, and KY this year. Mizz lost soooooo many players, and I do believe this is the year we spank UF. It's not unrealistic.

It is only safe if you are also capable of dealing with the reality that it may not happen.

Again, last year means nothing. We were 2 miraculous catches by North away from losing and being 4-8.

We beat a USC team last year that was extremely talented. Far more than we were.

Yet you believe the most likely scenario is that we drop a game to a less talented USC team this year?

We beat them last year and they lost their top defensive players.

If we play 100 games against them last year we lose 90. Almost all other games besides that one indicate that SC was far better than us last year. This year, they may drop slightly but not much, Dylan Thompson is capable and he has playmakers to work with. Their defense will still be pretty good. We are on our way up but we won't pass SC till 2015.

TN beats FL and Muschamp is fired in the locker room

The only way that we ever beat Florida again is if the culture changes on the football team.

There are many, many times when we are clearly better than Florida but once we get the lead, we start to look at the score board. Once Florida makes a big play against us we lose faith. "Here we go again, we can't stop them" and we end up losing a game that we should have won.

This happens year after year after year....

We'll return 3 (AJ, Cam, Randolph) starters on defense, including at least 3 freshmen (S, CB, LB and/or DT). We went 5-7 in a very weak SEC East. Plus, over the last 3 years, while we've won 15 games, they've won 33. They finished #4 in the country last year while we sat home in December.

We won last year and may win again this year, but their program and team is better and healthier overall at this point.

You truly believe they have a better roster?

We beat a USC team last year that was extremely talented. Far more than we were.

Yet you believe the most likely scenario is that we drop a game to a less talented USC team this year?

Then, we agree Florida will beat tennessee

Its been a while since we beat a good team on the road, that's all.

When hoping for an 8 win season, it helps to remember that we still have Jancek and Martinez running the D.

If I were to pay your co-pay for you, would you consider talking to your doctor about lithium?

VN Store

Back