Prayer for son

My son entered a drug detox/rehab centeryesterday and I ask my friends to
pray that God will give him strength in the days and weeks ahead.

Thank you,

Jim

Jim, I prayed for him and you during this battle. May GOD Bless your family during this time because it will take all of you getting him through this.

:good!:

Tennesseeduke

Gramps, my son struggled for 10 plus years then went to outpatient rehab, then back to old habits, inpatient rehab twice, He then was encouraged appropriately by a AA friend to work the AA program and he attends the meeting and it like brushing his teeth. Everyday and sometimes twice. It has contributed to his life in many ways, spiritually, socially and made solid business contacts. He stays real on the one day at a time. He recognizes that without sobriety he can not have the life that he loves. He oftens tells people AA is not for everyone but it works for him At one point the family intervened and clearly let him know: we love you but no more enabling and he started his journey to stay sober. I know it tough on you. God is there for you.

Reactions: 1 person
Gramps, my son struggled for 10 plus years then went to outpatient rehab, then back to old habits, inpatient rehab twice, He then was encouraged appropriately by a AA friend to work the AA program and he attends the meeting and it like brushing his teeth. Everyday and sometimes twice. It has contributed to his life in many ways, spiritually, socially and made solid buusiness contacts. He stays real on the one day at a time. He recognizes that without sobriety he can not have the life that he loves. He oftens tells people AA is not for everyone but it works for him At one point the family intervened and clearly let him know: we love you but no more enabling and he started his journey to stay sober. I know it tough on you. God is there for you.

God is all that has got me through the last few years. People that have not been through this will never understand how horrible this is. It can destroy the entire family. I don't think my daughter will move back to our hometown. She says its to hard to stay sober here. The best thing she could do is put God in her life. As most parents I can look back and see how I have enabled her addiction. At this point all I can do is to pray for her and all those that have an addiction problem. May God bless you and your family.

Reactions: 1 person
We have an AWESOME GOD! Just think, Jim opened up to a group on this thread that has not been seen by too many people. Three things God has showed me through Jim. First, look what happens when you have the COURAGE to open up and ask for prayer. In a lot of the responses I see the LOVE of Christ displayed in others. Second, people need to realize as different as we all our we all face the same evil, face the same problems, and the more we open up we, as Christians, see the ONLY HOPE is Christ. Third, with some responses we also see evil is alive and well. Sometimes he attacks us by trying to sound logical and sometimes he does a "direct assault." Stand strong Chrisrians! Read the BIble, pray, and remember the great reward that awaits us! We all need to stand strong and NEVER back down in spreading the truth and showing the love of Christ in this world! I know this is a sports thread but sometimes we need to reflect on things much more important than Volnation.

Reactions: 2 people
God is all that has got me through the last few years. People that have not been through this will never understand how horrible this is. It can destroy the entire family. I don't think my daughter will move back to our hometown. She says its to hard to stay sober here. The best thing she could do is put God in her life. As most parents I can look back and see how I have enabled her addiction. At this point all I can do is to pray for her and all those that have an addiction problem. May God bless you and your family.

Brother I know your pain all too well! Prayers out to you and your family! Stand strong knowing other Christians "have your back."

Jim, I will pray for you and your family. In my profession, I deal with addicts on a daily basis and see how drugs and alcohol can absolutely destroy people and their relationships with others. Hang in there and be an active participant with him. He'll remember and appreciate you forever.

I am PUMPED!!!! I was hesitant to mention my son but I felt desperate to share his situation with godly people. How glad I am to find that I am not the only one who has borne this burden and how grateful I am for you who have shared your personal stories with the rest of us.

I know that God is good because I have a personal relationship with Him and I have seen prayer change many things.

I pray for each of you who have family and friends addicted to alcohol or drugs and I am so grateful that we now have a support group to help one another.

I am PUMPED!!!!

The thing is that I'm wound to tight, I've gotta be doing something all the time... I'm not normal, I'm basically a normal person on cocaine! It would be fine if I could turn it off, but I can't. I got up @ 6am central time today, I drank some shine and 15 beers and my azz is still not sleepy.. I can't sleep period without alcohol..

Cyclopskiller, I don't pretend to be a counselor but I would like to offer a tip or two. Exercising is a great way to relax the body and I think you are doing the right thing there. I have come to realize that "normal" is a relative term and hard to define.

My son has spent 15 precious years trying to find something to make him normal. He committed his life to church ministry at the age of 17 and has been running from it ever since.

Nothing will make him feel "normal" aside from the peace and reassurance my Lord Jesus makes.

I, and many on this forum, have committed to praying with you and I know in my heart that God not only has the power to heal your body, he also has the desire to do so.

Please find a pastor or christian counselor and share your burden with them.

We all pray that your burdens will be lifted and that you will be even better than normal.

God bless your and thank your for sharing with us.

If Addiction was not hard then no one would have any. It's hard to give up various addictions. My son is in jail as a result of drinking too much alcohol. He's been free (forced) for a year now and looks and talks a lot better. he needed the intervention. I just pray that when he gets out he realizes that he can't drink at all no matter how enticing it may be. He should get out soon and I'm praying for him to stay straight. My prayers are lifted up for all those mentioned on this thread. Blessings to all. May God give peace and comfort.

Thank you for sharing with us FlintstoneGAVol. I pray for your son and your family. My wife's parents are from Flintstone.

It appears that several of you have been through this yourself or with a family member. So have I for about 10 years now with one of my children. I don't mean to put a damper on the discussion. I do have a question. In order to maintain sobriety how many times was inpatient rehab needed?
Mine is in rehab now. She has been in rehab multi times with about 3 years being her longest time of staying sober.
I am sadly losing hope that she will ever stay off pills.

Gramps...we are all praying for your daughter and your family. Know that untold numbers on this forum are lifting her up in prayer even now.

Please keep us apprised of her progress.

God bless you.

We have an AWESOME GOD! Just think, Jim opened up to a group on this thread that has not been seen by too many people. Three things God has showed me through Jim. First, look what happens when you have the COURAGE to open up and ask for prayer. In a lot of the responses I see the LOVE of Christ displayed in others. Second, people need to realize as different as we all our we all face the same evil, face the same problems, and the more we open up we, as Christians, see the ONLY HOPE is Christ. Third, with some responses we also see evil is alive and well. Sometimes he attacks us by trying to sound logical and sometimes he does a "direct assault." Stand strong Chrisrians! Read the BIble, pray, and remember the great reward that awaits us! We all need to stand strong and NEVER back down in spreading the truth and showing the love of Christ in this world! I know this is a sports thread but sometimes we need to reflect on things much more important than Volnation.

You are a kindred spirit GoVols15. May you be richly blessed for your kind words.

I feel Blessed to have been a part of this loving and caring exchange. Prayers will continue.

I feel the same way, Parker.

My son is in rehab and the Vols beat Ky by 30 points.

It is a GOOD day.

Bodeydad, Sleep well my friend you are a good dad and person.

today you gave us a chance to be a part of goodness and fellowship. I will share this exchange with my son and I hope you consider the same. Because of you your son has a lot of thoughts and PRAYERS tonight. The Vols BB win was GREATT and this exchange was God given. I glad our paths Crossed

All due respect to you sir I must disagree. My son is living PROOF God can cure anything. He will tell you it was not his desire to change, it was the forgiveness and LOVE of Jesus Christ that changed his life. God can change anyone!

And I 100% agree with you. I was just saying that the lack of belief is no excuse to blame it on God and not seek help. I want to encourage everyone, even those who do not believe to seek help. And I never said that God can't heal because I believe He does but I am saying that addiction can often last a very long time and even devout believers sometimes need support and help to remain clean. I'm glad that your son had healing but remember that people who suffer from addiction have varying experiences with recovery, some instantly, others a very long time...this is just the reality people find themselves in.

My son entered a drug detox/rehab centeryesterday and I ask my friends to
pray that God will give him strength in the days and weeks ahead.

Thank you,

Jim

I think God will do his part now he has to do his part. I'm not sure how old he is nor the outside circumstances but it is time to grow up and be a man.

On my way to first visit with my son. Will report back.

You will never know what your support has meant to me.

Great visit with my son. He is resolved to see this through and looks very good.

Thanks again for your prayers.

Thanks for this great update,I remember those visits on Sunday afternoon with my son. they were special for me and him. Keep the faith: one day at a time is all we got and thats a lot.

Thanks for this great update,I remember those visits on Sunday afternoon with my son. they were special for me and him. Keep the faith: one day at a time is all we got and thats a lot.

Thanks Parker. I am very encouraged and it sure is a good start.

VN Store

Back