Prayer for son

I've personally prayed and asked god to take burdens off me, still no response.. I asked to take away the urge to drink beer, and I still deal with alcoholism.. I hope your son has better luck than me.

You need to keep praying and get others to pray for you! Count me in!

I've personally prayed and asked god to take burdens off me, still no response.. I asked to take away the urge to drink beer, and I still deal with alcoholism.. I hope your son has better luck than me.

Unfortunately this is how addiction works. YOU have to decide that it will not affect your life anymore. Often people use God or something else as a motivation but do not kid yourself, this decision must come from a deep sense and desire to change, the next step is reach out and find a clinic or rehab center. This decision cannot be made by anyone else, God or otherwise. I had a friend who was addicted to drugs, but he became a Christian. Now just because he now believed in God does not mean he instantly is no longer addicted. A addict remains an addict for a very long time but my friend now had a reason to change. This motivation came in the form of Jesus. This doesn't mean that you have to find God to get motivated but I encourage anyone who is an addict to find something, some passion, someone, who can motivate them for change. THis what I pray for! That anyone who is addicted may find peace and overcome.

Reactions: 1 person
Had a friend who went through rehab and not only for pills but for alcohol too. He beat them both and smoking also. It can be done so hang in there with him give him support and tell him with god all things are possible. Prayers sent and GBO.

Unfortunately this is how addiction works. YOU have to decide that it will not affect your life anymore. Often people use God or something else as a motivation but do not kid yourself, this decision must come from a deep sense and desire to change, the next step is reach out and find a clinic or rehab center. This decision cannot be made by anyone else, God or otherwise. I had a friend who was addicted to drugs, but he became a Christian. Now just because he now believed in God does not mean he instantly is no longer addicted. A addict remains an addict for a very long time but my friend now had a reason to change. This motivation came in the form of Jesus. This doesn't mean that you have to find God to get motivated but I encourage anyone who is an addict to find something, some passion, someone, who can motivate them for change. THis what I pray for! That anyone who is addicted may find peace and overcome.

All due respect to you sir I must disagree. My son is living PROOF God can cure anything. He will tell you it was not his desire to change, it was the forgiveness and LOVE of Jesus Christ that changed his life. God can change anyone!

My son entered a drug detox/rehab centeryesterday and I ask my friends to
pray that God will give him strength in the days and weeks ahead.

Thank you,

Jim

Jim. I will have you, your family and your son in my prayers. Parker gave some excellent advise in his post. I agree with him , if the the rehab has a family session please attend it. It can really open your eyes and let you know you are not along. It doesn't matter about skin color, background, financial class , all addicts are basically the same.
It is a horrible disease . I Pray that your son will take this serious and do what is required to stay sober when his inpatient rehab is over.

Jim,

You and your entire family are in my prayers! Drugs is not a victimless crime! I know the pain it causes because I have a son in a Christian drug rehab program right now. Just remember God is with you and God is good all the time!

Thanks Go Vols 15. My prayers for your son and family. Drugs and alcohol abuse have affected us all in one way or another. Thank you all for your support.

Last edited:
All due respect to you sir I must disagree. My son is living PROOF God can cure anything. He will tell you it was not his desire to change, it was the forgiveness and LOVE of Jesus Christ that changed his life. God can change anyone!

Amen.

I pray that God will hear your prayers and our prayers for you. I personally believe God has the power to take away your addiction but you must give him your heart as well as your addiction.

I join others and pray that you will feel the power of God upon your life and hope you can report back His goodness for you.

I didn't intend to start a revival but I can sure attest to God's goodness!

Reactions: 3 people
I pray that God will hear your prayers and our prayers for you. I personally believe God has the power to take away your addiction but you must give him your heart as well as your addiction.

I join others and pray that you will feel the power of God upon your life and hope you can report back His goodness for you.

Well said! God bless!

I've given god my heart, but as far as my addiction, that's hard to give up , being that I'm hyperactive(@32).. I can run all day every day.. I'm sick of these restless legs! The world wants me medicated. I wish it would go away..period. But, beer helps.

I've given god my heart, but as far as my addiction, that's hard to give up , being that I'm hyperactive(@32).. I can run all day every day.. I'm sick of these restless legs! The world wants me medicated. I wish it would go away..period. But, beer helps.

I am glad you are a believer Cyclopskiller and I have been there with you. I stopped alcohol and cigarettes the same day almost 36 years ago.

I wish I could tell you I never had cravings for beer or cigarettes after that but it wouldn't be true.

I prayed a lot and I know that without God's devine hand I would not have been successful.

Associate with others who have successfully kicked the habits and establish an accountability partner. Peer support can work wonders.

Please know that many of us are praying for you this moment.

You can do this!

One day at a time for each and every one of us, as we deal with the failings that keep us from being what we want and ought to be. Start over again every morning.

Prayers to all as we deal with our human frailties.

It helps the revved up stuff right now, it but hurts in the long run, and you know that. Alcohol's an anxiolytic, and it makes us feel better right now, but it prevents us from making the real breakthrough. It's awfully hard to realize that something that can be such a friend can also be such an enemy.

I read your post a year or so ago when you said what you were going through, and I think of you often. Keep that one eye fixed on where you think (and know) you ought to be, and keep moving forward. Do know that you're not alone, and maybe you might want to reach out to others with the same struggle.

One day at a time for each and every one of us, as we deal with the failings that keep us from being what we want and ought to be. Start over again every morning.

Prayers to all as we deal with our human frailties.

Great sentiment. We all have vulnerabilities and my prayer for each one of us is that God would give us victory as we confront them every day.

I am glad you are a believer Cyclopskiller and I have been there with you. I stopped alcohol and cigarettes the same day almost 36 years ago.

I wish I could tell you I never had cravings for beer or cigarettes after that but it wouldn't be true.

I prayed a lot and I know that without God's devine hand I would not have been successful.

Associate with others who have successfully kicked the habits and establish an accountability partner. Peer support can work wonders.

You can do this!

The thing is that I'm wound to tight, I've gotta be doing something all the time... I'm not normal, I'm basically a normal person on cocaine! It would be fine if I could turn it off, but I can't. I got up @ 6am central time today, I drank some shine and 15 beers and my azz is still not sleepy.. I can't sleep period without alcohol..

You can do this!

Thanks. Hope god will cure me.. Completely

If Addiction was not hard then no one would have any. It's hard to give up various addictions. My son is in jail as a result of drinking too much alcohol. He's been free (forced) for a year now and looks and talks a lot better. he needed the intervention. I just pray that when he gets out he realizes that he can't drink at all no matter how enticing it may be. He should get out soon and I'm praying for him to stay straight. My prayers are lifted up for all those mentioned on this thread. Blessings to all. May God give peace and comfort.

It appears that several of you have been through this yourself or with a family member. So have I for about 10 years now with one of my children. I don't mean to put a damper on the discussion. I do have a question. In order to maintain sobriety how many times was inpatient rehab needed?
Mine is in rehab now. She has been in rehab multi times with about 3 years being her longest time of staying sober.
I am sadly losing hope that she will ever stay off pills.

VN Store

Back