Praise for Dabo Swinney and Clemson fball

Very good. That is for prayer. Jesus also tells us to be open in our faith, and to express it every chance we get to every person we can.

That's why those annoying people on campus won't leave me alone until I take their mini bible.

Reactions: 1 person
Very good. That is for prayer. Jesus also tells us to be open in our faith, and to express it every chance we get to every person we can.

Different things. Easy to be against public prayer AND open about your faith. On public prayer, you either believe what Jesus taught or you don't. Pretty simple doctrine. The context of what Paul wrote to other church leaders about being open in faith is more nuanced... how one goes about it being of great import.

That's why those annoying people on campus won't leave me alone until I take their mini bible.

Sorry man, I guess you should find a country that wasn't partially founded in faith of God. I don't know what else to tell you. Christianity was around long before you and I came to exist, and will be here till the end of time.

Quick to call people extremists, huh? Nobody here is "thumping". What do you want us to do? Just sit here and let you bash what we believe in? Sorry, I will defend it to the end. I'm sorry you do not share my beliefs, but that is your choice.

"Hey KoachKletus, would like to join my family and I at church this Sunday for worship? Service starts at 10."

"No, thank you. I don't believe in all that."

"Ok, well let me know if you ever want to check it out."

That should be the end of it, and by NO MEANS would that be a violation or your rights.

The problem is in the south in particular, KoachKletus hears that 4-5 times a day from multiple people, is constantly pressured and told by family members "hell awaits you" if you don't join the cult, etc etc.

Quick to call people extremists, huh? Nobody here is "thumping". What do you want us to do? Just sit here and let you bash what we believe in? Sorry, I will defend it to the end. I'm sorry you do not share my beliefs, but that is your choice.

"Hey KoachKletus, would like to join my family and I at church this Sunday for worship? Service starts at 10."

"No, thank you. I don't believe in all that."

"Ok, well let me know if you ever want to check it out."

That should be the end of it, and by NO MEANS would that be a violation or your rights.

Exactly. But you so readily defend the one that wants to keep on spreading the "word". People have a right to study and practice their own religion. They have a right to free speech. With that being said how many people have been killed in the past century over religion rather than something mundane as, oh let's say, atheism?

I love it when you take meaning out of context. Go back and read a few verses earlier and you will understand the CONTEXT of this verse! Jesus was talking about hypocrites. Bottom line, you worship like you want but don't tell me how to worship and quote one verse which you takes completely out of context.

Last comment on this topic for me.

:hi:

You obviously don't know the context.

Different things. Easy to be against public prayer AND open about your faith. On public prayer, you either believe what Jesus taught or you don't. Pretty simple doctrine. The context of what Paul wrote to other church leaders about being open in faith is more nuanced... how one goes about it being of great import.

I agree with this. I was trying to say that as well, they are different. Not arguing that, just making it clear that The Bible doesn't tell us to hid in our closets all the time.

Exactly. But you so readily defend the one that wants to keep on spreading the "word". People have a right to study and practice their own religion. They have a right to free speech. With that being said how many people have been killed in the past century over religion rather than something mundane as, oh let's say, atheism?

Or money or gold or diamonds or oil or land or racial superiority or governmental control or slavery or just simple blood lust? Lets just make a blanket statement and blame it all on religion. The John Lennon approach is old.

Also, if you read the article, is says he DOES NOT make it mandatory for the players or staff to attend the religious meetings.

Or money or gold or diamonds or oil or land or racial superiority or governmental control or slavery or just simple blood lust? Lets just make a blanket statement and blame it all on religion. The John Lennon approach is old.

I love that you mention a man who was killed by a religious nut in your rebuttal.

Reactions: 2 people
I love that you mention a man who was killed by a religious nut in your rebuttal.

I love how you use a lunatic in yours. Let's just use that guy as an example and stereotype that all Christians are like him.

Several of the sports teams I was on as a kid prayed before and after each game. Man those were the good ole days.
IMHO the lack of belief and/or fear of God in today's generations is a major reason for the general downturn of our country. We were founded on faith but we are suddenly so smart and forward thinking to willingly leave that aspect of America behind. We will soon realize it was the foundation of everything good, regardless of whether it's real or not.

Last edited:
Sorry man, I guess you should find a country that wasn't partially founded in faith of God. I don't know what else to tell you. Christianity was around long before you and I came to exist, and will be here till the end of time.

I still don't understand the America was founded on Cristianity thing. I realize that most of the people living in America were Christian. But most of our founding fathers were Deists, not Christians. The constitution does not mention God, Jesus or any supreme being once. Thomas Jefferson for example, the author of the constitution did not believe in Jesus's divinity but believed that a God created the Universe and then left it alone. In modern day the deist movement
has become Athiesm.

Reactions: 9 people
I have never been a Clemson fan, but I am 100% behind Coach Swinney!!! Praise to a man who wants to instill faith in his players.
Link:
Freedom From Religion Foundation lodges complaint against Clemson Tigers, Dabo Swinney - ESPN

My thoughts about Clemson and Sweeney exactly. These people need to mind their own business. If they don't like God and religion there's plenty of godless countries they can move to and the sooner the better. Tennessee didn't bow them and stop praying before games and they knew there was nothing they could do to stop us. I was very proud of UT for standing up to them & it's Time others did too

I love how you use a lunatic in yours. Let's just use that guy as an example and stereotype that all Christians are like him.

I didn't say that. I used your example lol. Don't get mad at me for you bringing it up.

VN Store

Back