Praise for Dabo Swinney and Clemson fball

And I support the study of Karl Marx as long as his beliefs are being taught as the evil they are.

And I totally support the study of christianity as long as those beliefs are taught as a subject, same as any other religion - not as fact - but as a subject. Treated the same as atheism. Treated the same as Marxism. And that the subject of christianity is taught with the same truth, that your bible contains the same, if not more, gruesome details than any other religion.

Reactions: 1 person
And I support the study of Karl Marx as long as his beliefs are being taught as the evil they are.

Why would you teach anything as "evil?" The point of teaching is to present the facts and let people form their own opinions. What you're describing isn't education, but indoctrination.

Why would you teach anything as "evil?" The point of teaching is to present the facts and let people form their own opinions. What you're describing isn't education, but indoctrination.

So now the word evil should not be used? Good Lord. I don't know why I am surprised.

So you are now supporting schools teaching from the Bible and letting children decide if they agree ? Or is that opinion only for teaching Marxism?

So you are now supporting schools teaching from the Bible and letting children decide if they agree ? Or is that opinion only for teaching Marxism?

You wouldn't teach from the Bible or from the Communist Manifesto. You would teach from a history book, and the CM and the Bible are both historical documents. Discuss the facts about the Bible's content and the circumstances of its writing, and then let students interpret that however they wish. It's the same for both.

You would talk about the Bible the same way you would talk about the 95 Theses or the Communist Manifesto or Mein Kampf or the Magna Carta. It's just that a lot of Christians want the Bible to be some kind of special exception, and when it's not, they claim that Christians are victims of discrimination. Which is a claim that, to Muslim Americans that get called "terrorists" all the time, is probably infuriating.

This is out of control. So the non-religious complain about how when we (Christians) pray or worship in public because they think we are violating their rights... But it is ok for them to tell us what to do.. Makes perfect sense....

No one is forced. If you don't believe in God or Jesus, move on with our day and worry about something else.

Sounds like you're a fellow believer but as you know "we wrestle not against flesh and blood"....that's what we're seeing here and as we know its only going to get worse....

You would talk about the Bible the same way you would talk about the 95 Theses or the Communist Manifesto or Mein Kampf or the Magna Carta. It's just that a lot of Christians want the Bible to be some kind of special exception, and when it's not, they claim that Christians are victims of discrimination. Which is a claim that, to Muslim Americans that get called "terrorists" all the time, is probably infuriating.
Is that you Barack?

Since there have been a few posts that have talked about it, I figured I'd ask...

A few people have been saying that America has been declining from the time we started "removing" ourselves from God. So, I'm curious...when do you guys believe this golden age took place?

Reactions: 4 people
Since there have been a few posts that have talked about it, I figured I'd ask...

A few people have been saying that America has been declining from the time we started "removing" ourselves from God. So, I'm curious...when do you guys believe this golden age took place?
We added 'God' in the 50's to our money and pledge and that certainly worked out well.

Statistically, America is the best we have been since the 50's. The murder rate is the lowest in about 50 years. The abortion rate is half of what it was in 1980. Even though these guys who were ranting earlier probably don't want to hear that the abortion rate has been cut in half since we have "pushed God out of our nation, since it doesn't agree with their argument.

Reactions: 3 people
If u read the article it said he didn't force anyone and no one had complained....it's the liberal type nonsense that is making the world unbearable to live in.

Just how easy do you think it is coming out to friends, family, and teammates (all of whom appear to be Christian) that you in fact don't share their existential and spiritual beliefs? Yours is the kind of statement made by people who clearly have never had to deal with real persecution despite your claims that the world is going to hell due to all this "liberal type nonsense." I assure you that the world was already hell well before liberals apparently inherited it.

Statistically, America is the best we have been since the 50's. The murder rate is the lowest in about 50 years. The abortion rate is half of what it was in 1980. Even though these guys who were ranting earlier probably don't want to hear that the abortion rate has been cut in half since we have "pushed God out of our nation, since it doesn't agree with their argument.

The "apocalyptic narrative" (by which I don't mean to imply the Biblical apocalypse) is very myopic. It completely ignores humanity's previous indiscretions (genocide, slavery, rape, et al., all of which you can find condoned in the Old Testament, by the way) and seems to suggests that everything went to **** somewhere after the 1950s or something. I didn't know living during an era when nuclear annihilation and the persecution of racial, gender, and political minorities were everyday facts was the zenith of human history. If so, we suck as a race.

Most cultures in the world have some sort of notion of a "golden" or "pastoral" age. Everything else is downhill from there. It's never borne by facts, but that doesn't keep the belief from persisting.

Our Dollar is more worthless than its ever been. We're 18 trillion in the hole. How is America better than before??

We're closer to bankruptcy than most realize. It will kill our nation. California will go down first as our income tax base is headed to Texas.

Our Dollar is more worthless than its ever been. We're 18 trillion in the hole. How is America better than before??

We're closer to bankruptcy than most realize. It will kill our nation. California will go down first as our income tax base is headed to Texas.
Since when does "God" care about money? Oh wait...

Reactions: 2 people

Interesting...

The only time the US dollar has NOT been at an all time low in the last 100 years? The Great Depression.

Oh damn not the dollar! Do we just need to go back to the godly days of segregation and women not voting ? Or do we have to go all the way back to the godly age of slavery before god will restore the American dollar?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back