Praise for Dabo Swinney and Clemson fball

Here is an excerpt from the Treaty of Tripoli:

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Mohammedan] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

This was written by George Washington and John Adams. I think you may have a distorted view of our founding fathers religious beliefs. The nation that they revolted against was officially a Christian nation.
So you found one source in which the language was specifically chosen for diplomatic purposes to support your argument but ignore a plethora of writings by those same founders and others that underscore our nation was founded on Christian principles. That is like using Treaties with Indian tribes to support non-aggression and non-expansionist beliefs of Americans in the 1800's.

Reactions: 2 people
So you found one source in which the language was specifically chosen for diplomatic purposes to support your argument but ignore a plethora of writings by those same founders and others that underscore our nation was founded on Christian principles. That is like using Treaties with Indian tribes to support non-aggression and non-expansionist beliefs of Americans in the 1800's.

What are you claiming to be Christian principles?

Are non Christians not able to abide and live by these principles?

And even if the nation was founded on these principles, that doesn't mean we have a national religion.

FTR I have read the bible, went to catholic high school and not atheist or agnostic.

Reactions: 1 person
What are you claiming to be Christian principles?

Are non Christians not able to abide and live by these principles?

And even if the nation was founded on these principles, that doesn't mean we have a national religion.

FTR I have read the bible, went to catholic high school and not atheist or agnostic.

Didn't say we have a National religion and not attacking your faith or lack of. Just saying using treaty language to make your point isn't really a sound argument. Treaties are typically filled with more lies than a Harry Reid speech.

Didn't say we have a National religion and not attacking your faith or lack of. Just saying using treaty language to make your point isn't really a sound argument. Treaties are typically filled with more lies than a Harry Reid speech.

Some people will look for anything to make their point! You are correct sir! This guy cites one treaty but ignores numerous other writings, ignores the fact the Congress established a Chaplin, not to mention the fact the House of Representatives held Christian church services. I could go on and on to prove my point but what is the use. No we are not a nation founded on Judeo-Christian principles, come on, some people really need to get real!

Reactions: 2 people
To everyone who thinks this is a good, or are ok with it, how would you feel if he was teaching the Koran and your son was Christian?He encourages everyone to pray to Mecca and you would be cool with it? I doubt it.

If we lived in a Muslim nation, I'd tell my child to be quiet and respect their heritage and beliefs. But, we live in a Christian nation and I think that should be respected here.

Reactions: 4 people
If we lived in a Muslim nation, I'd tell my child to be quiet and respect their heritage and beliefs. But, we live in a Christian nation and I think that should be respected here.

No, we do not. It is very clear that our Founding Fathers felt that true faith did not need or want the support of Government.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Well it seems to be going in that direction. God is being pushed out of everything these days and look what's happening. Things are getting worse. So by all means please feel great about your goals being pursued.

So I guess the goal should be for only Atheists and all non-believers to make decisions huh?
Trying to equate a lack of God in public place and world turmoil is absolutely asinine.

Reactions: 5 people
Would you like to offer any evidence that lack of Christianity is destroying the world, or would you rather just keep saying it without backing it up?

Kind of funny since him saying that is happening obviously makes HIM feel good.

I don't think you understand the First Amendment. No one is keeping you from believing what you want nor are they closing your church.

I respectfully disagree with your statement that no one is keeping people from believing what they want to believe. Examples can be found by the hundreds of both groups and individuals actively seeking to stamp out the rights of Christians to act or belief in accordance with their faith. Just recently in both Tennessee and Texas teachers prohibited students from bringing their Bible to school and reading it silently during study periods just to name 2 examples. I'll bet they would not have prohibited them from reading a Koran and probably are encouraging the study of Karl Marx. The point is not whether or not there is a national religion. There is not. But is there a growing movement to eliminate any sign of Christian beliefs unless they are completely hidden from the sight of anyone else.

I respectfully disagree with your statement that no one is keeping people from believing what they want to believe. Examples can be found by the hundreds of both groups and individuals actively seeking to stamp out the rights of Christians to act or belief in accordance with their faith. Just recently in both Tennessee and Texas teachers prohibited students from bringing their Bible to school and reading it silently during study periods just to name 2 examples. I'll bet they would not have prohibited them from reading a Koran and probably are encouraging the study of Karl Marx. The point is not whether or not there is a national religion. There is not. But is there a growing movement to eliminate any sign of Christian beliefs unless they are completely hidden from the sight of anyone else.

Without getting into a full debate regarding his ideals; you don't think students in history/government classes should study Karl Marx?

Without getting into a full debate regarding his ideals; you don't think students in history/government classes should study Karl Marx?

Totally sidestepped the issue of attacks on individuals liberty to study the Bible and live in accordance with their Christian beliefs there didn't you. I understand; it is hard to defend the growing attacks by groups, individuals and the government of any expression of Christianity. Especially when they seem to be going out of their way to help foster the spread of Islam and Shariah law.

And I support the study of Karl Marx as long as his beliefs are being taught as the evil they are.

Totally sidestepped the issue of attacks on individuals liberty to study the Bible and live in accordance with their Christian beliefs there didn't you. I understand; it is hard to defend the growing attacks by groups, individuals and the government of any expression of Christianity. Especially when they seem to be going out of their way to help foster the spread of Islam and Shariah law.

Oh, totally. I can't believe how pervasive Islam is within our borders. It's like I couldn't find a Christian if I tried in this day and age!

How many Muslim temples have been blocked bc people in New York and Tennessee felt that they shouldn't be around Muslims? It is happening to every religion. Next please tell me about the war on Christmas.

Reactions: 3 people

Please watch something besides Fox News. In fact I would encourage BBC America. Real news a whole lot less bull****.

Please watch something besides Fox News. In fact I would encourage BBC America. Real news a whole lot less bull****.

I get my news from a wide variety of sources. But no thanks; I will stick to US sources for news about the country I live in. Good night.

I get my news from a wide variety of sources. But no thanks; I will stick to US sources for news about the country I live in. Good night.

Well bbc America is based out of New York which glen beck may not consider America but unfortunately the rest of the world does. Oh it's also 50 percent owned by the discovery network which is an American company. So you know there is that.

Dabo Swinney(IMO)will be a major candidate for the Florida job after Will Muschamp gets fired for going .500 and taking Florida to a minor Bowl.

VN Store

Back