Praise for Dabo Swinney and Clemson fball

Your IF makes your entire point irrelevant to Clemson. The school already addressed it! What about MY rights to pray if I so CHOOSE in public! If someone wants to join along and pray and read the Bible what business is it of people that don't!
:hi:

Your "MY" and your CHOICE makes your entire point irrelevant to Christianity. I believe what Jesus taught about when and where to pray. (See my previous post.)
You are pushing for a "right" not for Christianity.

To everyone who thinks this is a good, or are ok with it, how would you feel if he was teaching the Koran and your son was Christian?He encourages everyone to pray to Mecca and you would be cool with it? I doubt it.

Reactions: 7 people
Your IF makes your entire point irrelevant to Clemson. The school already addressed it! What about MY rights to pray if I so CHOOSE in public! If someone wants to join along and pray and read the Bible what business is it of people that don't!

I, for one, am fed up with people trampling on individuals rights to be a Christian! If you don't like it, come pray with me, you might just learn something!

Nobody is trampling on your rights to be a christian. If dabo was pushing his players towards atheism, muslim, or anything else, how would you feel about that? Come and not pray with me, you just might learn something new. Ancient text's are so,,,,ancient.

Your "MY" and your CHOICE makes your entire point irrelevant to Christianity. I believe what Jesus taught about when and where to pray. (See my previous post.)
You are pushing for a "right" not for Christianity.

Really, I have done quite a bit of Bible reading and never read where Jesus taught us to pray! Please enlighten me! I think he taught us HOW to pray but where (and nowhere else) is new to me ... !!!!
:loco:

Nobody is trampling on your rights to be a christian. If dabo was pushing his players towards atheism, muslim, or anything else, how would you feel about that? Come and not pray with me, you just might learn something new. Ancient text's are so,,,,ancient.

You keep saying IF. Go back and read the article it is voluntary! You guys really like to restrict a Christian's right to free speech under the ole IF word.

I, for one, am fed up with people trampling on individuals rights to be a Christian! If you don't like it, come pray with me, you might just learn something!

You realize Jesus taught against prayer in public (Matthew 6:5-6).

Reactions: 1 person
Really, I have done quite a bit of Bible reading and never read where Jesus taught us to pray! Please enlighten me! I think he taught us HOW to pray but where (and nowhere else) is new to me ... !!!!

Jesus tells you to go into a private room, shut your door and pray in secret in Matthew 6:5-6. I love how certain verses are looked over in Cristianity.

Reactions: 2 people

Matthew 6:6 Do not pray in public as the hypocrites, but pray in your closet.

You keep saying IF. Go back and read the article it is voluntary! You guys really like to restrict a Christian's right to free speech under the ole IF word.

Go back and read my post. "If" was used one time. You thumpers are thick headed. Thick headed. Yes, I said it twice. I have no problem if anybody wants to study or practice religion as long as they keep it to themselves. When they start pushing their own ill crap onto others then it becomes a problem. You should take heed lest you become one of those westboro types, unless you already are.

200K+ people are being senselessly slaughtered in Syria, there are a handful of civil wars going on at the moment and parents lose children every day.

But this type of stuff makes the world a bad place for you?

These type of responses always make me laugh.

Reactions: 3 people
"Participation in religious activities is purely voluntary, and there are no repercussions for students who decline to do so," the statement read. "We are not aware of any complaints from current or former student-athletes about feeling pressured or forced to participate in religious activities."

Swinney is not being made available to comment, but he has been outspoken in his religious views. In December, The Chronicle of Higher Education reported that Swinney tells recruits on visits, "I'm a Christian. If you have a problem with that, you don't have to be here."

/End thread.

So now you refuse to answer a sane question simply because it does not suit your belief. I will ask once again, would you be okay if Dabo pushed his players towards atheism, bhuddism, islam, or a multitude of any other beliefs? Simple question. Should be easy to answer. Or are you busy thumbing through the thumper seeking a logical response. I'll hang up and listen.

You realize Jesus taught against prayer in public (Matthew 6:5-6).

Jesus tells you to go into a private room, shut your door and pray in secret in Matthew 6:5-6. I love how certain verses are looked over in Cristianity.

Matthew 6:6 Do not pray in public as the hypocrites, but pray in your closet.

Very good. That is for prayer. Jesus also tells us to be open in our faith, and to express it every chance we get to every person we can.

I love it when you take meaning out of context. Go back and read a few verses earlier and you will understand the CONTEXT of this verse! Jesus was talking about hypocrites. Bottom line, you worship like you want but don't tell me how to worship and quote one verse which you takes completely out of context.

Last comment on this topic for me.

I love it when you take meaning out of context. Go back and read a few verses earlier and you will understand the CONTEXT of this verse! Jesus was talking about hypocrites. Bottom line, you worship like you want but don't tell me how to worship and quote one verse which you takes completely out of context.

Last comment on this topic for me.

So you refuse to answer. Go figure.

Reactions: 3 people
Go back and read my post. "If" was used one time. You thumpers are thick headed. Thick headed. Yes, I said it twice. I have no problem if anybody wants to study or practice religion as long as they keep it to themselves. When they start pushing their own ill crap onto others then it becomes a problem. You should take heed lest you become one of those westboro types, unless you already are.

Quick to call people extremists, huh? Nobody here is "thumping". What do you want us to do? Just sit here and let you bash what we believe in? Sorry, I will defend it to the end. I'm sorry you do not share my beliefs, but that is your choice.

"Hey KoachKletus, would like to join my family and I at church this Sunday for worship? Service starts at 10."

"No, thank you. I don't believe in all that."

"Ok, well let me know if you ever want to check it out."

That should be the end of it, and by NO MEANS would that be a violation or your rights.

VN Store

Back