Practice 5

I dunno. Florida went 4-8 in 2013 with probably the most talented roster since Tebow or Spurrier was there. I mean, they even Lost to Georgia Southern that year.

I think South Carolina and Vandy beats Florida this season.

They had an epic number of injuries in 2013. Very similar to us last year. Remember a year earlier they were in the Sugar Bowl. And in 2014 they had a solid season.

2013 was an injury induced outlier season.

No way. Florida has less talent than before but they're not gonna totally collapse. They are still better than everyone else in the East outside of Tennessee and Georgia. Here is how I believe the East ends up:

1. Tennessee 12-0 (8-0)
2. Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
3. Florida 7-5 (5-3)
4-7. who cares

Agreed, though I think UF could slide down to 4 if UK can pull an upset and not blow any games on their cupcake schedule. UF lost a lot of guys defensively to graduation/the draft last year and now without their best returning defender, I think it may take them 4-5 games to really figure out their identity on defense (really hope it takes at least 3).

They had an epic number of injuries in 2013. Very similar to us last year. Remember a year earlier they were in the Sugar Bowl. And in 2014 they had a solid season.

2013 was an injury induced outlier season.

You mean the Sugar bowl where they lost to what was then a big east team? (Louisville) 33-23...and the score is closer than that game was if you watched it. Like half the kids on that 2013 Florida 2-deep (hell, 3 deep in some positions) roster probably play on Sunday now.

I've said it many times, you look at the 2012-2015 Florida roster....and tell me why they didn't win a national championship?

Reactions: 1 person
I think don't think we are going to need JG to beat Florida tbh. Hahaha. I think Florida will finish behind Vandy this season in the east.

1) Tennessee
2) Georgia
3) South Carolina
4) Vandy
5) Florida
6) Mizzou
7) Kentucky

I hope you are right. I despise UF.

Unfortunately, UT has to sweep the East because the Vols once again draw the strongest two teams from the West.

I don't think USCe will be close to that good even with a weak West schedule.

Florida is not that bad. They will lose a 4-5 imo. If we take care of business we should beat them. South Carolina is a freaking joke. Vandy, well, they are

Last edited:
No way. Florida has less talent than before but they're not gonna totally collapse. They are still better than everyone else in the East outside of Tennessee and Georgia. Here is how I believe the East ends up:

1. Tennessee 12-0 (8-0)
2. Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
3. Florida 7-5 (5-3)
4-7. who cares

So D4H, you're predicting that the Vols go 12-0 this season to include wins on the road at UF and Bama?

Didn't you predict that UT would go 12-0 including Dobbs winning the HT last season too? We all see how those predictions worked out.

That being said, I hope you're right, and I will be the first to congratulate you.

Reactions: 2 people
So D4H, you're predicting that the Vols go 12-0 this season to include wins on the road at UF and Bama?

Didn't you predict that UT would go 12-0 including Dobbs winning the HT last season too? We all see how those predictions worked out.

That being said, I hope you're right, and I will be the first to congratulate you.

D4H goes hard in the paint. I like his enthusiasm, but we will most likely win 8-9 games. I think we win 9 games with a healthy team. This team is super talented and has depth.

Reactions: 5 people
He backs his starting QB unless they get injured. Has employed that approach here save the one time Peterman deviation which was borne from Worley being less than average straight out the chute. It's never been tested under the umbrella of this much talent tho. We have 3 scholarship QBs...one being a lightly recruited true freshman. They ain't exposing that (lack of) depth...so 86 this QB shuttling fantasy.

It's a good point and you are right, he has always stuck it out with his QB, but this is a different Tennessee then we have seen before. The switch has been flipped. I think everything has changed going forward.

It's a good point and you are right, he has always stuck it out with his QB, but this is a different Tennessee then we have seen before. The switch has been flipped. I think everything has changed going forward.

I included that caveat in the "this much talent tho", but you're deaf to the THREE SCHOLARSHIP QBs part. They're not exposing their top backup this season, because if an injury then that top backup spot goes to a green freshman from a small town in Texas. If you're saying that JG could overtake Dormady DURING the season? Then no argument, but they're not doing the two QB thing...playing with fire.

1. Tennessee 12-0 (8-0)
2. Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
3. Florida 7-5 (5-3)
4-7. who cares

Like I said I love your unbridled enthusiasm but you are nuts as usual.

(((Sept. 5: What does a Jim McElwain QB look like?

McElwain: “You tell me what they look like. I don’t know. I just want them to throw it to the right guy and not throw it to the other team and affect the people around them in a positive way. I don’t have any secrets. I don’t know what they look like. Hopefully they look pretty decent. That’s the goal.”)))

If anyone wonders why Florida can't find a starting QB....in year 3 no less.

Can you guys imagine if Butch Jones said something like this? Hahaha. They would filet him and reporters waiting at his mailbox every day to jump on him for their next sound bite.

Reactions: 4 people
(((Sept. 5: What does a Jim McElwain QB look like?

McElwain: “You tell me what they look like. I don’t know. I just want them to throw it to the right guy and not throw it to the other team and affect the people around them in a positive way. I don’t have any secrets. I don’t know what they look like. Hopefully they look pretty decent. That’s the goal.”)))

If anyone wonders why Florida can't find a starting QB....in year 3 no less.

Can you guys imagine if Butch Jones said something like this? Hahaha. They would filet him and reporters waiting at his mailbox every day to jump on him for their next sound bite.

If butch said it then that would be the first thing he's ever said that didn't sound rehearsed. So it would probably go over pretty well.

I am very thankful to those who make this board, thread, and posts if practice. The video beats out Christmas presents and birthday cake. Translated as better than corn bread and corn liquor.

If butch said it then that would be the first thing he's ever said that didn't sound rehearsed. So it would probably go over pretty well.

Well. I'm glad your concentration is on his press conferences and mine is on the fact we have 1 damn well developed QB as a starter and 1 highly promising one behind him and our entire fan base knows their names a month before season.

Makes sense I guess....................

Reactions: 3 people
Well. I'm glad your concentration is on his press conferences and mine is on the fact we have 1 damn well developed QB as a starter and 1 highly promising one behind him and our entire fan base knows their names a month before season.

You're correct. Some get hung up on his cliches and press conferences. Who cares, even the great Nick Saban and almost every other coach say similar things. All I care about is getting it done on the field

I was replying to someone who seemed focused on press conferences.

I was replying to someone who seemed focused on press conferences.

So you don't think Jim Mcelwain should get any heat, or at least equal heat, for the dumb sh*t he has clearly made a habit of saying? And you can find some realllll doozies if you look. They just aren't reported on Bc The media in Gainesville thinks he walks on water.

But then on the same note, Butch Jones should be critiqued on his every word?

Gators coach = pass
Vols coach = critique

Got it :thumbsup:

So you don't think Jim Mcelwain should get any heat, or at least equal heat, for the dumb sh*t he has clearly made a habit of saying? And you can find some realllll doozies if you look. They just aren't reported on Bc The media in Gainesville thinks he walks on water.

Gators coach = pass
Vols coach = critique

I just replied to a person who made the comparison between Butch's pressers and McElwain's pressers. If Butch adopted McElwain's style, I think he'd get less pushback. Strictly my opinion.

Deep breaths.

Gators coach = pass
Vols coach = critique

McElwain - 2 division titles
Butch - 0 division titles

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back