Practice 5

The overall athleticism of this defense should be getting everyone excited. I know a lot of the players haven't proved anything yet, but will all that athleticism you have to believe our defense will be a lot better this year. Hopefully they can all pick up the mental aspect of the game.. I like the young guys on the d-line a lot. Butler and Johnson look like they will be quality players for us. Crosby as well in a year or two.

Reactions: 1 person
If you were as smart as you claim... you'd know that what the coaches do is far more telling than what they say this time of year.

What they're doing is consistent with what they're saying. That if both QBs play well enough they will both play. I've never heard coaches openly talk about a 2 QB system like this before. And IMO they would only do that if they plan on playing both.

I've been saying this since spring practice. Both guys are really good and bring different skill sets. So why not use them? Dormady will technically be the starter and get most of the snaps during the season. But I believe JG will have a set of plays designed for him every game. He'll get a lot of chances to show what he can do the entire season.

When you have 2 great QBs why not use them both?

Last edited:
Ha! 88 looks like the average D-lineman starting for us in 2010.

No joke! I remember asking Hubbs how we looked as a team. Hubbs basically said we looked like garbage, and had a lot of guys that shouldn't be playing in the SEC.

Last edited:
What they're doing is consistent with what they're saying. That if both QBs play well enough they will both play. I've never heard coaches openly talk about a 2 QB system like this before. And IMO they would only do that if they plan on playing both.

I've been saying this since spring practice. Both guys are really good and bring different skill sets. So why not use them? Dormady will technically be the starter and get most of the snaps during the season. But I believe JG will have a set of plays designed for him every game. He'll get a lot of chances to show what he can do the entire season.

First off, people seem to forget that in Butch's system there is no starter. There are guys that start the first game and that's as far as it goes. He's learned that more then likley everyone is going to play a little at some point during the season.

And second, what? we start one guy and that's it, the others are no good any more? What happens when that guy graduates or goes down? LoL.

Stop living in the past guys, Butch will RS as many as he can, but knows he needs them ALL to be ready to go. It's a TEAM effort, not an effort by a couple of five stars.

Reactions: 2 people
oh yeah, and another reminder... in this day in football, you cannot have A guy at the same position, every down of every game for the entire season... that's stupid. You have to have guys in rotation to keep them fresh. Even the O line.

oh yeah, and another reminder... in this day in football, you cannot have A guy at the same position, every down of every game for the entire season... that's stupid. You have to have guys in rotation to keep them fresh. Even the O line.

This is retarded. No coach that is happy with his starting 5 at OL relives any of them to keep them "fresh."

I can just see QD having a nice game keeping it close in the swamp but we start to stall out & UF gets a little mo in the 2nd half. Insert JG for two possessions in the second half with a totally different look and get UF on their heels and get 14 quick points. Then go back to QD to finish off the win!

I have chills!

I can just see QD having a nice game keeping it close in the swamp but we start to stall out & UF gets a little mo in the 2nd half. Insert JG for two possessions in the second half with a totally different look and get UF on their heels and get 14 quick points. Then go back to QD to finish off the win!

I have chills!

You have the fever.

I have chills!

I think don't think we are going to need JG to beat Florida tbh. Hahaha. I think Florida will finish behind Vandy this season in the east.

1) Tennessee
2) Georgia
3) South Carolina
4) Vandy
5) Florida
6) Mizzou
7) Kentucky

I think don't think we are going to need JG to beat Florida tbh. Hahaha. I think Florida will finish behind Vandy this season in the east.

1) Tennessee
2) Georgia
3) South Carolina
4) Vandy
5) Florida
6) Mizzou
7) Kentucky

OK. I like your enthusiasm :rock::rock::rock:

First off, people seem to forget that in Butch's system there is no starter. There are guys that start the first game and that's as far as it goes. He's learned that more then likley everyone is going to play a little at some point during the season.

And second, what? we start one guy and that's it, the others are no good any more? What happens when that guy graduates or goes down? LoL.

Stop living in the past guys, Butch will RS as many as he can, but knows he needs them ALL to be ready to go. It's a TEAM effort, not an effort by a couple of five stars.

He backs his starting QB unless they get injured. Has employed that approach here save the one time Peterman deviation which was borne from Worley being less than average straight out the chute. It's never been tested under the umbrella of this much talent tho. We have 3 scholarship QBs...one being a lightly recruited true freshman. They ain't exposing that (lack of) depth...so 86 this QB shuttling fantasy.

One of the reports say he sat today. Sounds like they were digging into the two deep on Oline today. Just like Butch to throw a monkey wrench in the works.

Trey was held out of practice along with 2 other lineman.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

JUST A PRECAUTION
Jones also announced that a trio of offensive lineman – redshirt senior Brett Kendrick, sophomore Marcus Tatum and freshman Trey Smith – missed Friday’spractice as a precaution. All three are not expected to miss significant time and could be back as early as this weekend.

“We had a couple of offensive linemen out today in Trey Smith, Brett Kendrick, Marcus Tatum, but they’ll all be back,” Jones said. “Some of them may be back tomorrow and maybe Sunday and maybe on Tuesday, but nothing significant. Some are kind of precautionary pulling them out, but again we need to get them back.”

Last edited:

1) Tennessee
2) Georgia
3) South Carolina
4) Vandy
5) Florida
6) Mizzou
7) Kentucky

I'm going:
1) Tennessee 6-2
2) Georgia 5-3
3) Mizzou 5-3
4) SC 4-4
5) Kentucky 3-5
6) Florida (coach fish lover gone) 2-6
7) Vandy 2-6

Tennesseeduke

I'm going:
1) Tennessee 6-2
2) Georgia 5-3
3) Mizzou 5-3
4) SC 4-4
5) Kentucky 3-5
6) Florida (coach fish lover gone) 2-6
7) Vandy 2-6

Tennesseeduke

No way. Florida has less talent than before but they're not gonna totally collapse. They are still better than everyone else in the East outside of Tennessee and Georgia. Here is how I believe the East ends up:

1. Tennessee 12-0 (8-0)
2. Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
3. Florida 7-5 (5-3)
4-7. who cares

Reactions: 4 people
No way. Florida has less talent than before but they're not gonna totally collapse. They are still better than everyone else in the East outside of Tennessee and Georgia. Here is how I believe the East ends up:

1. Tennessee 12-0 (8-0)
2. Georgia 8-4 (5-3)
3. Florida 7-5 (5-3)
4-7. who cares

I dunno. Florida went 4-8 in 2013 with probably the most talented roster since Tebow or Spurrier was there. I mean, they even Lost to Georgia Southern that year.

I think South Carolina and Vandy beats Florida this season.

I dunno. Florida went 4-8 in 2013 with probably the most talented roster since Tebow or Spurrier was there. I mean, they even Lost to Georgia Southern that year.

I think South Carolina and Vandy beats Florida this season.

Their offense is very talented this year. That occurred because they had no offense.

VN Store

Back