Practice #4 Updates 8.7

People also complained about Chaney. Only Bama fans dislike Kiffins offense. We'll never have a perfect OC.

Unless Peyton comes to take over, which means he can take knees and UT fans will still think he's the greatest :)
Maybe so but I was referring to Jake and how he ran the offense. Which of course was just my opinion. And in my opinion he was a fake azz coordinator. The perfect OC was not the topic. Fans want a competent coordinator who can develop players and run the offense without constant predictability. Say what you want but there's a reason Jake was the only one that left.:peace:

Reactions: 1 person
gosh im seriously so pumped for this season.. Got tickets to the first game in ole Nissan Stadium lol. 11 sections from the field. I cant wait to see hurd and kamara punishing the ole green defense. Dobbs passing and running to victory. North,Malone,Pig,Pearson, etc. catching numerous passes. SEEING OUR OUTSTANDING DEFENSE!!!! Gosh Khalil is going to be an absolute beast! Hell Shy is a beast as well. Our defense is going to be unblockable this year. Seriously if you think about it.. they cant double team anybody because then that leaves and open beast to destroy someone.. What are they going to do? double team barnett and khalil and then let maggitt and JRM destroy them? i say its a 9 win season easily. Were back to the top boys. HELL YEAH. Hip thrusting right now like no other

Reactions: 5 people
I thought Dobbs threw the intermediate passes pretty well last year. Deep passes not so much but with injuries and Malone not being agressive (true Freshman I know) we were lacking a good deep threat receiver most of the year.

On a different subject can Justin Martin play corner in the SEC at 6'2" 173 ish? That makes Moseley look thick. I just wonder if he can be physical enough. Also how or why did he go from 190+ in high school and Juco to 173? Maybe he was just weighed wrong for several years in a row. Going to be hard to gain significant weight in Fall camp.

On a different subject can Justin Martin play corner in the SEC at 6'2" 173 ish? That makes Moseley look thick. I just wonder if he can be physical enough. Also how or why did he go from 190+ in high school and Juco to 173? Maybe he was just weighed wrong for several years in a row. Going to be hard to gain significant weight in Fall camp.

The roster also lists Hurd at 230... And we've all heard he's up to 242... So maybe he has put on weight. I would agree 173 is too light for an SEC corner.

Where is that weight listed. He posted a pic on Twitter this summer of him on a scale, and it was a little offer 200 pounds. Don't recall the exact weight

I swear, I've done this like 3 times already for guys like you who have the same complaint about Dobbs.....that he didn't throw the ball downfield last year, that all his throws that resulted in 20 or more yards were little 5 yard screens or flip passes that the receiver ran 15 + yards for .... and it's just not true. Guess I'll have to dial it up again....just wait for it.

Also,how many drops down field? For some reason I feel like guys dropped more of his passes.

If you get paid $3 mil it ought to be obvious. Lets see. German kid. True freshman. Very little experience playing football. Alternative is an experienced MLB who knows the calls and has been in the program a couple of years. Anymore water you'd like to carry?

Experience > youth doesnt always work out. Why di people insist that coaches should know the future with how kids perform in practice vs game time? Geez.

See Moseley last year...NEVER underestimate the peanut butter! :aggressive:

Experience > youth doesnt always work out. Why di people insist that coaches should know the future with how kids perform in practice vs game time? Geez.

^This and if Bynum obliterates Jakob in practice, he's on the field. As is, his best performance was at the Taxslayer...he didn't stick out. :hmm:

On Twitter he posted a picture of him on a scale. It was 193.5 lbs.

He's plenty big enough to play.
He's probably the most athletic guy on the team.

Reactions: 2 people
at one point martin was up to 190. He tweeted out a picture a few weeks ago. But players will lose some weight in camp. Martin doesnt look as small as i thought.

Bynum is consistent from practice to gametime. The defense played better with him because he knew the calls...

With that said the coaches know what he has to offer and they know there are a number of guys that have more, some A LOT more.

Bynum might start... might, for Bowl grn game. But someone else will emerge in the Oklahoma game.

Jakob needs a redshirt. No way he should've played ahead of Bynum last year. He shouldn't have played at all. For everything this staff does well, they make some strange personnel decisions.

When there is not much depth its what you have to do, Jakob was more athletic than Bynum but live play tied his feet by his mind. You just don't know how a player is going to re-act until he is in the game, but move to TE will let them RS him.

Reactions: 2 people
Fingers, whenever you want a beer or two man, just let me know. These updates have been invaluable. I'm so excited for the season now, and these info/update dumps are A+ work. Thanks for being a solid contributor.

I try not to get caught up in the "the guys are freaks this year" hype, but it's hard to avoid how great they look. I haven't seen Tennessee practice clips/updates like this in a long time. The guys are moving fast, some of the guys look impressive yet effortless. The team as a whole looks bigger and stronger. They look focused, and the practices don't look so procedural and deliberate. There are a lot of naturals out there now.

Surprised that there isn't much talk about Evan Berry in here. Every time I see a clip of him in practice he looks a lot better from last year.

That's a good question. I didn't see him with the DL in another video from this week, but maybe someone else can answer for sure.

I haven't been able to tell from any the practice vids.

I hope he stays at DE. Last year, he showed he could play almost every down.

But, what do you do on 3rd down when you want a speed rush? Can't take Curt off the field, but you've also got Phillips, weatherd, Taylor... All with more speed than Curt. But Curt is a proven 3rd down sack threat.

Nice problem to have.

That's a good question. I didn't see him with the DL in another video from this week, but maybe someone else can answer for sure.

Every video I've seen he has been with the DL. They've also mentioned his leadership there. He's exclusively a DE I'm sure.

Where is that weight listed. He posted a pic on Twitter this summer of him on a scale, and it was a little offer 200 pounds. Don't recall the exact weight

I'm just going by the official roster which list JM at 173. There have also been reports from practice saying he looked really thin. Even if he has added weight since the roster was released I highly doubt he weighs 200 but he doesn't need to either. Guessing 185-190 would be ideal for him at cornerback.

https://instagram.com/p/6EQM1sAMIl/

Looks thin to me but of course Jennings is huge compared to most every cornerback.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back