Practice #4 Updates 8.7

We may sound like a bit of a broken record, but Jauan Jennings had yet another impressive play in receiving drills – making a nice leaping catch at one point early in practice. One interesting note on him also is that it appears that he’s working with the slot receivers. Pig Howard, Vincent Perry and freshman walk-on Michael Lacey are some of the other players I saw working with the slot group, which is likely where Pearson will work when he returns to the practice field as well.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/07/friday-evening-practice-notes/

Reactions: 4 people
Von will have to do the same as the other players, no hats first day, shells and then pads. It's mandated by the AA. He is cleared but will be Monday or Tuesday before he is full bore.

Reactions: 3 people
We may sound like a bit of a broken record, but Jauan Jennings had yet another impressive play in receiving drills – making a nice leaping catch at one point early in practice. One interesting note on him also is that it appears that he’s working with the slot receivers. Pig Howard, Vincent Perry and freshman walk-on Michael Lacey are some of the other players I saw working with the slot group, which is likely where Pearson will work when he returns to the practice field as well.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/07/friday-evening-practice-notes/

I can only dream that they will move pig to the slot permanently.

Reactions: 1 person
Jakob needs a redshirt. No way he should've played ahead of Bynum last year. He shouldn't have played at all. For everything this staff does well, they make some strange personnel decisions.

Reactions: 2 people
Things never took off for him at LB...this or nothing.

they like him at TE. Been there for a while. Hes learning the ins and outs of playing TE. He has natural pass catching ability and hes athletic. LB was never a good fit. Could be a really good flex TE player.

Jakob needs a redshirt. No way he should've played ahead of Bynum last year. He shouldn't have played at all. For everything this staff does well, they make some strange personnel decisions.

Yeah, the setting up AJ for rape is a real head-scratcher. :huh:

Reactions: 11 people
They won't rush him back and risk injury. He's probably been working out but not at the level the team has. Give him a couple days to get acclimated IMO.

JONES: We reinstated Von Pearson. He will work out with the team tomorrow as he goes through the acclimation period.

they like him at TE. Been there for a while. Hes learning the ins and outs of playing TE. He has natural pass catching ability and hes athletic. LB was never a good fit. Could be a really good flex TE player.

Don't try to sell me...I bought already. :) Just sayin we're not gonna see him dipping his toes at safety next. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the setting up AJ for rape is a real head-scratcher. :huh:

Not my point. The staff had an experienced MLB in Bynum, who was OBVIOUSLY better. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see that JJ was completely lost. Yet, the staff CHOSE to play him. That is a personnel decision, no?

Reactions: 7 people
Not my point. The staff had an experienced MLB in Bynum, who was OBVIOUSLY better. Didn't take a rocket scientist to see that JJ was completely lost. Yet, the staff CHOSE to play him. That is a personnel decision, no?

Maybe it wasn't as "obvious"away from a television and before as opposed to AFTER the fact? :dunno:

Reactions: 6 people

But those dreds though...

Maybe its just me, but Hurd looks like side show Bob in that picture.

Creamer and Croom? Creamer is a physical freak and no one talks about him, where is he going to end up. I am sorry, I guess I missed it, but what is wrong with Croom?
THANKS

You're not the only one that was thinking that. Anyone with half a brain could see that JJ was in over his head in games but if you say that it's considered criticizing Butch and that's not allowed. :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back