Practice #4 Updates 8.7

I really want to see Dobbs excel as a passer...then we'll be feared. Convince me please.

Jakob needs a redshirt. No way he should've played ahead of Bynum last year. He shouldn't have played at all. For everything this staff does well, they make some strange personnel decisions.

I have a strong recollection of Jakob looking quite bad against Vandy, but also a vague recollection of seeing Bynum play in that game alongside him.

Was Bynum in the rotation for OLB? Anyone remember?

You're not the only one that was thinking that. Anyone with half a brain could see that JJ was in over his head in games but if you say that it's considered criticizing Butch and that's not allowed. :thumbsup:

Yet you just did! :w00t: Just won't follow the rules will you? :aggressive:

Reactions: 2 people
they like him at TE. Been there for a while. Hes learning the ins and outs of playing TE. He has natural pass catching ability and hes athletic. LB was never a good fit. Could be a really good flex TE player.

Kyle Phillips and Darrel Taylor helped in making a position change

You're not the only one that was thinking that. Anyone with half a brain could see that JJ was in over his head in games but if you say that it's considered criticizing Butch and that's not allowed. :thumbsup:

Guess I wasn't as floored by Bynum as our retro coaches? :dunno: They both pretty much mehed it out there. Jakob's starting debut (true freshman) was against Mizzou a week after the allegations. Guess Bynum playing decently against Iowa after a month of bowl practice correlates? Coaches should have known DAMN IT! :mad:

Guess I will ask again, Could anyone tell me What Croom's injury is THIS time? I have not been able to find anything on it in the football forum.
thanks

Other notes:

• After being held out yesterday, Jashon Robertson was back in pads, though Jones said he’s battling a stomach bug. DT Trevarris Saulsberry, WR Jason Croom (knee), DE Andrew Butcher and DB Max Arnold were all held out with injuries.

• Freshman defensive tackle Quay Picou was in a helmet, but no pads as he goes through the mandatory acclimation period. He should be full go at some point next week.

• A New York Giants scout was in attendance at practice.

Oh crap, CBJ to New York. No wonder Gruden was talking about how great UT was the other day. Should we go ahead and spin up the Gruden2 thread(s)

Other notes:

• After being held out yesterday, Jashon Robertson was back in pads, though Jones said he’s battling a stomach bug. DT Trevarris Saulsberry, WR Jason Croom (knee), DE Andrew Butcher and DB Max Arnold were all held out with injuries.

• Freshman defensive tackle Quay Picou was in a helmet, but no pads as he goes through the mandatory acclimation period. He should be full go at some point next week.

• A New York Giants scout was in attendance at practice.

Oh crap, CBJ to New York. No wonder Gruden was talking about how great UT was the other day. Should we go ahead and spin up the Gruden2 thread(s)

Awesome THANKS! Hope nothing serious with Croom, kid has to start this season healthy for once!

TKJ impresses each and every interview. After his football career is over, I can see him as the next Charles Davis.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes. He was a fake azz Coordinator. Any time I need to be reminded of that I just watch the Florida and Missouri game.

People also complained about Chaney. Only Bama fans dislike Kiffins offense. We'll never have a perfect OC.

Unless Peyton comes to take over, which means he can take knees and UT fans will still think he's the greatest :)

Reactions: 1 person
Jakob needs a redshirt. No way he should've played ahead of Bynum last year. He shouldn't have played at all. For everything this staff does well, they make some strange personnel decisions.

Indeed, and this was one of them!

Oh man, did you guys see Butch light up when he was talking about Jennings? That kid is going to be special. Carl Pickens Part II.

Encouraging words about Josh Malone as well. And moving Jakob to TE is a surprise, but thats a move that could turn out to be pure genius.

We may sound like a bit of a broken record, but Jauan Jennings had yet another impressive play in receiving drills – making a nice leaping catch at one point early in practice. One interesting note on him also is that it appears that he’s working with the slot receivers. Pig Howard, Vincent Perry and freshman walk-on Michael Lacey are some of the other players I saw working with the slot group, which is likely where Pearson will work when he returns to the practice field as well.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/07/friday-evening-practice-notes/

Has Vincent Perry been cleared with his ACT now? I read something yesterday that his ACT score was in question to qualify. Thanks!

VN Store

Back