Posted without comment

Glad he is our coach, and glad he takes the time with his players to respect what matters most in this life and to pass that lesson on to some of these guys who may never get this from their families. Wins and losses matter don't get me wrong, but there are many things that are more important than them. This is one of them. GBO!

Reactions: 3 people
Glad to see the gates of hell will not prevail. You can take him out of the schools , you can ban his name from every government activity. you can use political correctness to not pray or mention his name but for his chosen you will never take him out of our hearts. Praise Jesus. Love coach Jones doing what he believes without being afraid to offend someone.

Reactions: 9 people
Leave it to VolNation posters to come into a thread with a picture of our coach praying with his players and proceed to ***** about wins and losses.

I'm flat-out ashamed of some of this fanbase. Act like a bunch of friggin morons.

Agreed. I can't tell you how many times I've met people who can't stand Tennessee football and when I ask why, the reply is always "It's not necessarily the school or the team, it's the Tennessee fans that I can't stand." For the longest time I didn't understand why people would hate on the Vols because of their fans....until I started visiting this board. :banghead2:

Except to say that this is simply an incredible picture.

B0HfFPDIgAAj0eb.jpg

Awesome.....

Reactions: 1 person
I work with a lot of fans of other schools. We bring contractors in from all over the country. The main thing I hear when we talk football (that I NEVER heard with Kiffin or Dooley) is how awesome of a Coach we have. How they can see in two years, us being unstoppable. This comes from Bama fans, auburn, florida, georgia, etc etc.

I've even heard fans from basically everywhere in the SEC except Bama that they wished they'd have hired him instead of who they have now.

Some of you need to realize that 1: it's year 2, 2: that this team is finding success in so many areas, (football, classroom, strength and conditioning) and it's only a matter of time before that equates into wins on a regular basis.

Can you imagine in another year with two top 5 national recruiting classes in a row, and maybe a third one on the way, where we could be physically?

Butch Jones is the answer, those who dont see that, just want negative attention. Same reason the world has bullies and arsonists. Some ppl want attention however they can get it.

This picture only reiterates my thoughts on Coach Butch Jones. He is somebody that I can be proud of, he represents this university with class, dignity, hard work, and dedication that is unmatched in this day in age.

I am proud to call myself a Tennessee Volunteer! GBO!

Reactions: 5 people
I work with a lot of fans of other schools. We bring contractors in from all over the country. The main thing I hear when we talk football (that I NEVER heard with Kiffin or Dooley) is how awesome of a Coach we have. How they can see in two years, us being unstoppable. This comes from Bama fans, auburn, florida, georgia, etc etc.

I've even heard fans from basically everywhere in the SEC except Bama that they wished they'd have hired him instead of who they have now.

Some of you need to realize that 1: it's year 2, 2: that this team is finding success in so many areas, (football, classroom, strength and conditioning) and it's only a matter of time before that equates into wins on a regular basis.

Can you imagine in another year with two top 5 national recruiting classes in a row, and maybe a third one on the way, where we could be physically?

Butch Jones is the answer, those who dont see that, just want negative attention. Same reason the world has bullies and arsonists. Some ppl want attention however they can get it.

This picture only reiterates my thoughts on Coach Butch Jones. He is somebody that I can be proud of, he represents this university with class, dignity, hard work, and dedication that is unmatched in this day in age.

Excellent post!

I can't imagine people disliking this. Indifference, sure; but dislike, what's the point?

Nobody disliked the pic.
There was an earlier conversation deleted
because it fell off topic but Nobody ever said they disliked the pic. It was just defense against attacks that never happened.

It is an amazing pic for both spiritual/a coach being
just "there" with his team.
Oh and it is also just a really good shot.
Love the subject and the angle...everything.

Glad he is our coach, and glad he takes the time with his players to respect what matters most in this life and to pass that lesson on to some of these guys who may never get this from their families. Wins and losses matter don't get me wrong, but there are many things that are more important than them. This is one of them. GBO!

So what matters to him in life when he drops players (fails to renew their annual scholarships instead of standing by their four year commitment) who don't turn out to be good enough for him?

Please don't take this wrong and keep the op pix in mind....

Dear Lord,
Please forgive me for I have sinned. Please forgive me of my trespasses and help me forgive those who have trespassed against me.
Help me remove Mike Hamilton, Lane Kiffin, and Derreck Dooley from my hate filled heart, for I do forgive them.
Please bless the University of Tennessee, the coaches, the players, the students and the fans. Lord,I beseech thee to instill the confidence, ability, and the fortitude into our coaches and players so they to shall know the feeling of victory and the joy it brings. Please keep them all safe.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory. For ever and ever.
Amen.

It's time... GBO!

Reactions: 2 people
Wow. Powerful moment.

I tell you...I know he lost a close one at Florida...

And you can say what you want.

But Butch Jones has not done a single thing wrong in my book. He is the man for the job. And yeah, there's some growing pains.

But as far as the whole package goes....there is not another person in this country I'd rather have as my football coach.

I dare opposing coaches to find a negative thing to say about him. He's a class act.

This^^^^.

...and I doubt there's anyone who wants our team to be successful any more than CBJ does.

GBO!!!!

All I can say about this is how Butch Jones is the biggest talker we have had as head coach in my lifetime (which began when Neyland was still coach. Then after the FL game he got hissy when people started doubting his rap. Now we have threads like this trying to make a man who quite literally teaches his players to be "prideful" into some kind of a saint. He is a football coach, and his job is to coach the team to wins, not to give up 9-0 leads in the fourth quarter. Enough of the Saint Butch crap.

Talk vs. results. Process vs. outcomes. It's time alright.

Reactions: 7 people
All I can say about this is how Butch Jones is the biggest talker we have had as head coach in my lifetime (which began when Neyland was still coach. Then after the FL game he got hissy when people started doubting his rap. Now we have threads like this trying to make a man who quite literally teaches his players to be "prideful" into some kind of a saint. He is a football coach, and his job is to coach the team to wins, not to give up 9-0 leads in the fourth quarter. Enough of the Saint Butch crap.

I bet you had wheaties for breakfast this morning.

I thought I had post of the year with the girl with no seat belt and the watch and now this crap. Only on VolNation. Go Big Orange.

Last edited:

WTH is wrong with you? Every post you write is bitter and jaded. Maybe you should find another team to support. I'm pretty sure Butch isn't going anywhere for a while. It can't possibly be fun to pull for a team coached by someone you feel the need to constantly run down.

BTW- You obviously didn't see the referenced interview above. Butch never got "hissy" during that interview. So maybe actually look into these things for yourself instead of buying into then from posts on a message board.

Last edited:

Agree. But he prays, so he gets a pass.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back