Post-NSD 2016 Depth Chart Projections

Rs your transfer year or this year makes no difference really in the long run unless he leaves before this year. Butch also doesn't red shirt at the beginning it would end up that way. Ya smell me?

Edit: he could do the following:

A: hand the ball to the rb in garbage time, transfer, rs. Play in two years as a starter somewhere else in 2018

B: rs, transfer. play 2018 as a starter.

C: transfer, rs, play 2017 as a starter.

D: rs or not and compete next year against SJ and jg.

If he does A? He has the redshirt year in case he loses the starter nod to Sheriron or JG in 2017. Two years of eligibility but he knows he's the favorite with two years of being the backup.

If he goes B, he has two years of eligibility at his next stop...wasted year in there. Watching his competition get experience.

C. THREE YEARS ELIGIBILITY...case closed...don't need D-Z. :stop:

Look at my edit and no I'm not saying Butch does that but his options are above.

Personally I think he's gone in spring because it's a better option for him. Although I'd prefer he stayed because I think he's a good qb.

He is a good QB. He knows he is...that's why every potential eligible year is gold. You don't wanna waste it.

If he does A? He has the redshirt year in case he loses the starter nod to Sheriron or JG in 2017. Two years of eligibility but he knows he's the favorite with two years of being the backup.

If he goes B, he has two years of eligibility at his next stop...wasted year in there. Watching his competition get experience.

C. THREE YEARS ELIGIBILITY...case closed...don't need D-Z. :stop:

For his case I hope it's C if he doesn't have a shot against jg. No doubt.

I haven't looked through the thread yet so it may have already been brought up, but hasn't Sheriron Jones already transferred out?

If this depth chart proves accurate there are no first year players starting, and there are only 2 true freshmen in the 2-deep. Think about that. That's insane depth.

Granted, the actual depth chart will look very different. I suspect Kongbo is going to get some starts and some freshmen will jump into the 2 deep rotation...but wow, this will be the first year in years we are loaded with talent AND experience.

It is amazing to think after the hole on the lines that Dooley left, that depending on how Richmond performs, that the OL and DL could both be dominating. That OL is going to steamroll people next year in the running game. The DL should be one of the best in the country. I think Kongbo will get every opportunity to start opposite of Barnett.

I just can't see any way thay this defense shouldn't be top 10 in the country.

Too bad Kongbo can't go to spring training. There will be a learning curve for him to avoid being out of position on the edge. In the meantime, we can use him something like Weathered was used until he gets up to speed. Can he be as good as Clowney?

I'm excited to see what the new DC does with this group next season. I hope we have a stout run defense. I would love to see us allow in the 125 or less range on the ground. And 175 or less through the air. And be +15 in takeaways.

With another recruiting class in the books, I figured we'd go ahead and start the projected depth chart thread. All JUST MY OPINION... (I decided to do a 3-deep)-

OFFENSE:
QB- 1. Dobbs, 2. Dormady, 3. S.Jones
RB- 1. Hurd, 2. Kamara, 3. Kelly
WR- 1. P.Williams, 2. George, 3. Blanc
WR- 1. Malone, 2. Callaway, 3. C. Henderson
SLOT- 1. J.Smith, 2. Perry, 3. L.Williams
TE- 1. Wolf, 2. Croom, 3. Jk.Johnson
LT- 1. Richmond, 2. Kendrick, 3. R.Johnson
LG- 1. Robertson, 2. Mosley, 3. Stewart
C- 1. Thomas, 2. J.Jones, 3. Raulerson
RG- 1. Wiesman, 2. Boulware, 3. Sanders
RT- 1. Hall, 2. Kendrick, 3. Tatum

DEFENSE:
DE- 1. Barnett, 2. Kongbo, 3. Lewis
DT- 1. Tuttle, 2. O'Brien, 3. A.Johnson
DT- 1. McKenzie, 2. Vickers, 3. Picou
DE- 1. Vereen, 2. Phillips, 3. Taylor
WLB- 1. Reeves-Maybin, 2. Bates, 3. Sapp
MLB- 1. Kirkland, 2. Bryant, 3. Bynum
STAR- 1. McDowell, 2. A.Smith, 3. Ell.Berry
CB- 1. Sutton, 2. Abernathy, 3. Byrd
CB- 1. Martin, 2. Moseley, 3. D.Miller
S- 1. T.Kelly, 2. Jennings, 3. Griffin
S- 1. R. Gaulden, 2. Ev. Berry, 3. Warrior
NICKEL (When needed)- 1. Foreman, 2. Osborne, 3. D.Henderson

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K- 1. Medley, 2. Toser
P- 1. Daniel, 2. Townsend
LS- 1. Lovingood, 2. Bradshaw
KR- 1. Ev.Berry, 2. Abernathy
PR- 1. Sutton, 2. Kamara

Just some observations- Our secondary is ridiculous. Also, this doesn't even include some STUDS for our future, like Guarantano, Fils-Aime, Pope, Brooks, Bituli, Buchanan, etc. We finally have DEPTH. GBO.

EDIT: Sorry, originally forgot Austin Smith.

Nice, I just don't think JJ swaps to be 2nd group at a loaded position. Stays at WR or pencil him in as starter at safety.

I have too, I kinda always knew deep down he'd never play a meaningful down for UT. The only I see that happening is if Dobbs gets hurt.

Neither you nor anybody else knows whether or not QD will play at Tennessee. Kinda silly to say you knew it all along when it's still yet to be determined.

Reactions: 3 people
Nice, I just don't think JJ swaps to be 2nd group at a loaded position. Stays at WR or pencil him in as starter at safety.

That's definitely possible. My guess was due to us signing 5 WRs in this class, not including Byrd who Guarantano mentioned may be catching passes from him as well. JAV from 247 and Doug Mathews both have said multiple times that he'll be moved to safety, but they both might just be speculating. I'd expect a rotation on the back end, regardless of who starts though.

This recruiting class will defiantly push the upper classman in the weight and conditioning, they know they have to be at peak performance condition to maintain starting position....Talent, speed and depth should really show this spring....Shoop should be happy having this type of talent and speed.

I could see Jennings sticking at receiver, though he looks like a safety to me, and I like warrior to split time with berry or griffin. Or gaulden at safety and foreman/Osborne at nickel.

Hard to see him not on the field in one form or the other. Dude is a beast.

Neither you nor anybody else knows whether or not QD will play at Tennessee. Kinda silly to say you knew it all along when it's still yet to be determined.

It's my opinion that he'll never play a meaningful down unless Dobbs gets hurt this year. I think JG will be redshirted this year and then after Dobbs leaves it'll be a 3 man battle for that job. QD will be second string this year, but I just don't think he'll ever be the starter. I think Jones will take a big step forward this year as well, but I think eventually JG will win out bc he is a better fit for this system. He is more athletic than QD and has just as good of an arm and I think in the end he'll win out. QD won't wanna be a backup anymore bc he is a starting QB talent on a lot of teams. If we ran something similar to a pro-style offense then I would pencil in QB as the starter. This is all my opinion, which is what this board is for.

Reactions: 2 people
With another recruiting class in the books, I figured we'd go ahead and start the projected depth chart thread. All JUST MY OPINION... (I decided to do a 3-deep)-

OFFENSE:
QB- 1. Dobbs, 2. Dormady, 3. S.Jones
RB- 1. Hurd, 2. Kamara, 3. Kelly
WR- 1. P.Williams, 2. George, 3. Blanc
WR- 1. Malone, 2. Callaway, 3. C. Henderson
SLOT- 1. J.Smith, 2. Perry, 3. L.Williams
TE- 1. Wolf, 2. Croom, 3. Jk.Johnson
LT- 1. Richmond, 2. Kendrick, 3. R.Johnson
LG- 1. Robertson, 2. Mosley, 3. Stewart
C- 1. Thomas, 2. J.Jones, 3. Raulerson
RG- 1. Wiesman, 2. Boulware, 3. Sanders
RT- 1. Hall, 2. Kendrick, 3. Tatum

DEFENSE:
DE- 1. Barnett, 2. Kongbo, 3. Lewis
DT- 1. Tuttle, 2. O'Brien, 3. A.Johnson
DT- 1. McKenzie, 2. Vickers, 3. Picou
DE- 1. Vereen, 2. Phillips, 3. Taylor
WLB- 1. Reeves-Maybin, 2. Bates, 3. Sapp
MLB- 1. Kirkland, 2. Bryant, 3. Bynum
STAR- 1. McDowell, 2. A.Smith, 3. Ell.Berry
CB- 1. Sutton, 2. Abernathy, 3. Byrd
CB- 1. Martin, 2. Moseley, 3. D.Miller
S- 1. T.Kelly, 2. Jennings, 3. Griffin
S- 1. R. Gaulden, 2. Ev. Berry, 3. Warrior
NICKEL (When needed)- 1. Foreman, 2. Osborne, 3. D.Henderson

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K- 1. Medley, 2. Toser
P- 1. Daniel, 2. Townsend
LS- 1. Lovingood, 2. Bradshaw
KR- 1. Ev.Berry, 2. Abernathy
PR- 1. Sutton, 2. Kamara

Just some observations- Our secondary is ridiculous. Also, this doesn't even include some STUDS for our future, like Guarantano, Fils-Aime, Pope, Brooks, Bituli, Buchanan, etc. We finally have DEPTH. GBO.

EDIT: Sorry, originally forgot Austin Smith.

I didn't actually take the time to count them out, but it looks like you accounted for around 90% of the 85 man roster here. If so.......Wow! It's been a long time since we could do that and be happy seeing the people in the #3 spot.

Reactions: 1 person
That's definitely possible. My guess was due to us signing 5 WRs in this class, not including Byrd who Guarantano mentioned may be catching passes from him as well. JAV from 247 and Doug Mathews both have said multiple times that he'll be moved to safety, but they both might just be speculating. I'd expect a rotation on the back end, regardless of who starts though.

I hope he does swap to safety, and is so good you can't take him off the field. I agree we signed enough WRs that he shouldn't be wasted providing depth at WR. If we were pass 1st maybe but Dobbs no.

I don't see s. Jones sticking around something happened at Colorado after spring he will be on the move maybe juco or a school he can play immediately

Everyone has Croom at TE 2nd team.. He has never played TE and he is RSR. It is rare to see someone change positions their last year and be success.. Just an observation and not a criticism

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back