Possible OC Candidates

I don't think Quarles would leave Maryville HS. #1 He's getting paid 6 figures to coach HS football and be the athletic director. #2 He gets to see his wife and kids every night when he gets off work. #3 The train he's driving at MHS isn't going to slow down any time soon. He's looked at as possibly the top coach in the state, will continue to be in Murfeesboro (sp?) every year and loves what he does. No way he wants to live the life of recruiting, job security etc

Reactions: 1 person
George Quarles is no ordinary high school coach. The man is one of the best, if not the best, HS coaches in the nation. It would be risky, but his teams seem more prepared and disciplined than a bunch of college teams I've watched.

I don't disagree with that at all but our program is no position to roll the dice. We barely have a foot out of the Dark Ages.

He also was on a college coaching staff 11 years before taking over as OC. Way different situations

That is true but it doesn't mean that he couldn't do it. Wasnt like Fulmer taught him to be a great QB Coach. If you have it then you have it. Not saying I want Quarles but it's a different age we live in and A lot of HS offenses are very similar to College offenses, especially the spread. That's why HS QB's in particular are so much more ready to play as FR than ever before.

Last edited:
Kate Upton! All she has to do is run/Jump on the sidelines when our QB snaps the ball! Defense would not know what hit them!!!

You think one successful instance in history justifies hiring a high school coach to try and coach our team to a national championship? Seriously? I mean seriously?

How many times have you seen that circumstance fail? Just saying there isn't enough proof to show one side or the other is correct. So seriously? I mean seriously? Show me enough proof it has failed enough to show it won't work. So again nobody can equally say it would fail vs being successful. I mean seriously..

VN Store

Back