Possible OC Candidates

What Bill Legg has done at Marshall has been very impressive.

my thoughts too:
very balanced attack: 4022 yards rushing/3807 passing
#18 in nation passing/#8 rushing
all with much poorer recruiting, however they played far inferior teams than the SEC.
with the RB's in our stable he is interesting.

Reactions: 1 person
Seth Littrell, UNC
460x.jpg

Whoa. Coach Taylor is a real person?

Coach-Taylor-friday-night-lights-4536698-400-268.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know the first thing about George Quarles, but just from reading here and looking at his resume, here's why I'd take him (assuming his scheme would fit the current personnel Butch has been recruiting).

He's a winner. He's developed habits, consistency, schemes, discipline, effort and work ethic in players consecutively for a long time now. This can translate to college easily. Play calling is just a part of the job, getting players to execute those plays is probably just as important. A great play call ran poorly is not as a good as a poor play call executed perfectly. I would have no problem hiring him directly into the OC position.

Again, not knowing him at all, here's why I think he would accept the OC position if offered. He's a winner, he's proven that. Winner's are constantly looking for a new challenge. Calling plays in the SEC would be a huge challenge.

Lastly, I've read some comments about job security. With his resume, it doesn't matter if he coaches a year and Tennessee averages 35 yards of offense per game, ANY high school in the country would hire him. Including Maryville.

my thoughts too:
very balanced attack: 4022 yards rushing/3807 passing
#18 in nation passing/#8 rushing
all with much poorer recruiting, however they played far inferior teams than the SEC.
with the RB's in our stable he is interesting.

They played teams of equal talent the fact that they played teams not as good as the SEC is irrelevant.

After reading the bio: Bill Legg. Offer him what we were paying Bajakian. Done deal with press conference on Monday.

Reactions: 2 people
not sure if serious, but the offense would be very similar to Georgia Tech, would VolNation like that? No, i think not.

After seeing Georgia Tech in the Bowl game, I for 1 would love to see Tennessee have an offense as good as GT! You Bet Ya.

Really! If you think about this and how much has control of everything Butch has. He already has this figured out. Just sit back and enjoy. Trust in our coach.

VN Store

Back