Poole injured during practice (cramps)

Hopefully Kiffin will begin slowing down the physical practices the closer to game 1 we get. Otherwise, we may not be able to go through a whole season. Supposedly he had physical practices at Oakland to and their players didn't like it.

Hope it's nothing serious...Get Well Poole!

The day that a team is run to what the players want is, well, the day that they're as bad as the Raiders.

I know players were complaining, but the only players with any redeeming qualities (Asomugha, Morrison, Howard) weren't saying anything.

Some are talking about second guessing these practices if certain players get injured... That's pretty lame. Either you disagree with the risk or you don't. The team needs to establish a tough identity NOW. Some injuries to key players is an acceptable risk. Having the whole team healthy but soft didn't win many games last year.

And the idea of freshmen not being able to contribute in the SEC... Alabama plays freshmen all the time. So does Florida. Talent can always contribute. How many credits one has earned is much less of a factor in a game.

:clapping: Here here!!

Plus, with so many good players leaving after their junior year, you almost have to play them as freshmen to get 3 years out of them. If they ride the pine for a year or two, what kind of real return are you getting on your investment if they're gone after that?

over a leg cramp?!?

No...my original quote on this was in the Wycheck thread.
I said Frank knows more about football than 99.9% of the people on here. I was just messing around with the last post.
I like the physical practice...but Wycheck does have an opinion ....and it's better than most opinions on here.

I trust CLK.....he knows what is best for HIS team.

I said Frank knows more about football than 99.9% of the people on here. I was just messing around with the last post.
I like the physical practice...but Wycheck does have an opinion ....and it's better than most opinions on here.

I would say most posters on VN know more about UT football than FW ever will. If he'd actually watched us for the last few years he wouldn't be making those stupid comments

For a different perspective than Wycheck's:

"It has been over two months since Georgia’s last football game. It will be six months before their next one. Sometime between now and then, the Bulldogs need to relocate their edge, toughness and resolve, which Richt now concedes was so obviously missing last season.

He blames himself.

On the eve of spring practice, the Bulldogs coach said Monday he erred by running softer practices last season after the team began accumulating so many injuries so early.

“When a lot of guys get hurt and you’ve got bodies on the ground, you start thinking, ‘If we lose one more guy, our game plan is shot,’” Richt said. “Then you have to re-invent the wheel on Wednesday or Thursday. You start making decisions based on that. It affected our defense in particular. Defensive players need to practice with an edge. When you don’t do that, you can lose some of that team speed and attitude. We had three scrimmages in the fall. But by the second scrimmage we weren’t going at full speed.’ That’s just not football."

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2009/03/16/richt-its-time-to-go-back-to-old-school/

VN Store

Back