Political Correctness...just a fad?

I think PC is here to stay and a part of it should be. When I was retiring from the military a lot of the old timers were getting sick of the whole PC thing and what could and couldn't be said in a work center.

Early on in my career people we said offensive things (dirty jokes, put downs, foul language etc) some guys would take things to a different level and be sexist or partially racist and you kinda had to pull them aside and say look stupid not everyone in the room wants to hear about your exploits.

I think the big issue started when they started removing flight books (numerous stories, pictures etc) because it was part of that units history. They took Playboy, Penthouse, maxim out of the BX because it was offensive (Stupid!). They also tried to stop the promotion of alcohol and alcohol related events (stupid), if you don't like alcohol that's fine but if a picture on my wall with me and friends drinking beer on the golf course offends you, tough $$$$!

I do think some things in life should be PC but at some point you ruin life and morale for 95% of the people because a small percentage of people get there feelings hurt.

They think they're solving a problem but what they're really doing is making someone more alienated because they're being catered to. I worked with a girl who complained about the cussing at work, I asked her what offended her and she said she didn't understand why that language had to be used. So after a talk with my commander we basically had to tone down the language and everyone at work hated her for it. No one would talk to her and basically she went from being a well liked member at work to someone who disrupted the work place. What did she do then, complained that no one would talk to her....some people just can't be pleased

Stopped at "partially racist". I'm sure the rest was equally sickening.

So when I'm(white) at a family reunion talking to my African(black) uncle who was fathered by my Hispanic grandfather who was cheating on his mistress(Asian) who he is currently married to while cheating on my grandmother(American) what can we talk about and be PC? All theoretical of course.

A glimmer of hope

In a welcome letter to the incoming Class of 2020, Dean of Students John Ellison gives students the truth: there will be no quarter from controversial ideas on campus. U of C has made an ironclad commitment to the First Amendment, and will not abide safe spaces, trigger warnings, and other kinds of limitations on what is considered acceptable discourse:

https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/25/finally-university-of-chicago-warns-fres

Reactions: 1 person

Well done on his part. Here's the full letter...

acceptance_letter.jpg

Christ, wait until millennias start winning government offices. There will be safe places and Judgement free zones on every street corner

Christ, wait until millennias start winning government offices. There will be safe places and Judgement free zones on every street corner

Ah Sweet Jesus, so's you mean I can scratch me tail in public now, does you?

Not only that! Feel free to sniff your fingers afterwards! You are in a Judgement free zone, good sir!

I dint say me ass govnor! Me tail. Me TAIL! Wife wears a pretty Irish green bit o' ribbon she found around hers don'cha know? She'll at last be able to show it off.

Cool..it will allow them to be crushed much more easily.

ere's me Irish son...so proud o' him! We cut off 'is tale at birth to 'ide 'is animal likeness.

Attachments

• racism.gif
    racism.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 161
A liberal utopia

Stockholm defends 'gender-equal' snow-clearing - The Local

Politicians blame a new “gender equal” snow plowing policy for the Swedish capital of Stockholm’s failure to clear roads during the season’s first snow fall.

Stockholm’s center-left government introduced a new “gender equal” approach to clearing the roads of snow last year. The policy states that sidewalks, public transport and bicycle lanes should be cleared before turning attention to the roads. The reason is that women are more likely to use sidewalks while men are overrepresented among commuters driving to work.

When the first major snow storm swept the capital last week, traffic went into a standstill as no one cleared the streets. People couldn’t get to work, schools had to close and commuters were stuck in traffic for hours without moving.

Daniel Helldén, the city’s Green Party head of transportation, said the policy had nothing to do with the chaos. He instead suggests that there was a lack of gender equality in the snow clearing effort.

“There is a lack of gender equal snow-clearing now, according to the reports I’m getting,” he said.

At some point in time there will be a WWIII and hundreds of millions of people will die, probably tens of millions in this country. I don't see how it doesn't happen. As a nation, we may "win" or survive depending on how you look at it but the softness which pervades our present society will vanish pretty much instantly. Only those capable of adapting will remain to rebuild civilization which at the height of that rebuild will also implode. It's the circle/cycle of "life". We're human beings. It's what we do. Don't ever forget, no matter how tempting, the fact is that history always rhymes.

I'm offended by the words political correctness.

Why does everything have to be correct? Can't a person be wrong and not be slammed for it? Why do we have to point out the fact it has to be correct?

Way to go, GBO. You just used trigger words and sent a lot of people to safe spaces.

Better yet, why does everything have to be political?

VN Store

Back