Point Guard by Committee - RB

New starting lineups, guys? This was mine:
PG - Armani Moore
SG - Kevin Punter
SF - Robert Hubbs
PF - Jabari McGhee
C - Derrick Reese
Mostella, Phillips, Kasongo, and Balkman off the bench.
Remember I said this earlier, "It's not beyond the realm of possibility that none of this year's picks will be in the starting lineup on November 3." Think I got a big huh about that." RB has certainly been hinting about the PG situation all along as he did in this article.
PG-by-committee approach OK with Tennessee Vols' Rick Barnes
Emphasize November 3.
Stick that 4+ months in your scientific mind and recalculate.
Practice starts in September.

You love the sound of your own voice, don't you. (? not used on purpose)
Seems I was ridiculed for saying until Turner is here, you guys shouldn't make fun of Armani playing the point. Also said the longer he waits the less likely he takes the job away from Moore. All I was doing was analyzing the data coming from RB while you guys just kept putting all your eggs in Turner's basket.

Seems I was ridiculed for saying until Turner is here, you guys shouldn't make fun of Armani playing the point. Also said the longer he waits the less likely he takes the job away from Moore. All I was doing was analyzing the data coming from RB while you guys just kept putting all your eggs in Turner's basket.

What do you make of Barnes just saying yesterday that Punter is also standing out at PG?

My pg "string." If that's what you want to call it,
This is with the news of turner breaking btw

1. Punter
2.shembari
3.turner
4. Moore.

Just because Armani may end up playing the PG position doesn't mean it isn't beyond criticism and ridicule. It's a bad move, even if it is the best move. And if is the best we've got, then shame on the coaches responsible for that. That includes, and primarily indicts Tyndall.

What do you make of Barnes just saying yesterday that Punter is also standing out at PG?
Seems I got a big Huh from you about my saying only veterans may start. I also believe you started a thread saying Armani was the odds on favorite to run the point.

I don't see how this is tyndalls fault. I mean, we had bonds,punter, and shembari to play point. Bonds left, and Barnes brought in turner, it's not tyndalls fault that we currently don't have a set pg. but then again, it's standard to blame everything on the previous coach, Tyndall is to blame for a lot of stuff, but not our pg woes. Just my opinion.

New starting lineups, guys? This was mine:
PG - Armani Moore
SG - Kevin Punter
SF - Robert Hubbs
PF - Jabari McGhee
C - Derrick Reese
Mostella, Phillips, Kasongo, and Balkman off the bench.
Remember I said this earlier, "It's not beyond the realm of possibility that none of this year's picks will be in the starting lineup on November 3." Think I got a big huh about that." RB has certainly been hinting about the PG situation all along as he did in this article.
PG-by-committee approach OK with Tennessee Vols' Rick Barnes

No

I don't see how this is tyndalls fault. I mean, we had bonds,punter, and shembari to play point. Bonds left, and Barnes brought in turner, it's not tyndalls fault that we currently don't have a set pg. but then again, it's standard to blame everything on the previous coach, Tyndall is to blame for a lot of stuff, but not our pg woes. Just my opinion.

Soooo, Tyndall managed to wrangle away a walk-on PG from Liberty who has since transferred, and land two SGs who we may have to turn into PGs for lack of any better option.

I stand corrected Dallas. He left us in great shape at PG. It's obviously Barnes' fault.

Reactions: 2 people
Soooo, Tyndall managed to wrangle away a walk-on PG from Liberty who has since transferred, and land two SGs who we may have to turn into PGs for lack of any better option.

I stand corrected Dallas. He left us in great shape at PG. It's obviously Barnes' fault.

It's not like they're incapable. Shembari and punter both have been said to been "doing good." And shembari obviously is comfortable running the point. We have had trouble with pg's for years.

It most certainly is, Punter and Shembari are not PG's, and Bonds is a walk on caliber player, so surely you aren't serious in counting him. We could've had Thompson and/or Austin Jr. thanks to Tyndall we have neither.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not like they're incapable. Shembari and punter both have been said to been "doing good." And shembari obviously is comfortable running the point. We have had trouble with pg's for years.

Where has it been said "Shembari and Punter are doing good at PG"....I'll wait :whistling:

If it's an Armani/Punter combo at point, then it will be a rough season. Of course, that's what you want isn't it? To see RB fail.

No Turner would definitely change my prediction for the season. Not to mention his throwing in Reese at 5.

It most certainly is, Punter and Shembari are not PG's, and Bonds is a walk on caliber player, so surely you aren't serious in counting him. We could've had Thompson and/or Austin Jr. thanks to Tyndall we have neither.
Maybe we should have recruited one without academic issues like Rob Gray who was on campus the day DT was fired.

Maybe we should have recruited one without academic issues like Rob Gray who was on campus the day DT was fired.

Or maybe the previous coach shouldn't have ran off better options :thumbsup:

Why waste 3 years on a mid major talent (Rob Gray) when we can easily upgrade over him?

Houston?
Have to say, he would have been a better option than the committee if Turner doesn't make it.

I disagree. This year with Turner or Gray isn't a NCAAT season regardless IMO, Barnes is looking ahead and trying to build stability. Gray has 3 years of eligibility and judging by his final destination is a mid major talent, ideally we don't want to tie up 3 years on someone of that caliber. We are sitting in a good spot with Jordan Bone, hopefully Turner ends up here whether it's in the fall, next semester, or even as a member of the 2016 class...both are better options than Gray going forward.

I never said they were incapable, but neither are PGs, and the only true PG we have a shot at fielding this season is Lamonte Turner. That's on Tyndall, no matter how you try and explain it away.

If we go into the season with Armani Moore, Kevin Punter, and Shembari Phillips running point, then that falls primarily on Tyndall's shoulders.

VN Store

Back