Point Guard by Committee - RB

I will say this, scoring 76 points in any type of game is impressive.
Especially a when it breaks Jordan's record by 11 points. They don't understand the WORK ethic RB talks about has something to do with that. What can I Say?

Last edited:
It helps when No defense is played
I mean, out of all the pros and Vols that have played in the RTL, Kevin Punter holds the highest score total. Thats definitely impressive, especially against Michael Beasley/Bobby Maze/JaJuan Smith.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think mostella will ever be able to play the 1, don't know if this was sarcasm or not lol but just saying I think mostella is better off scoring than setting up other people.

Mostella can handle the ball a lot better than Moore.

Reactions: 2 people
I mean, out of all the pros and Vols that have played in the RTL, Kevin Punter holds the highest score total. Thats definitely impressive, especially against Michael Beasley/Bobby Maze/JaJuan Smith.
At last, someone who gets it.

Still impressive.

It's impressive, but no one is confusing it for dropping 70 in an NCAA game because there is literally ZERO structure in the RTL. The RTL is very guard-oriented, and the result is often 30+ shot attempts (mostly ill-advised) from the guards while the post players clean up their misses. There is no repercussions for bad shots and bad decisions, so they just keep firing.

That is what SD either fails to admit or understand. He wants to rag on Kasongo's scoring avg, but won't admit that offense isn't his strength, nor are the guards running plays for him or other post players. Fortunately, most people realize that criticism has less to do with Kasongo's ability and more to do with who brought him to Tennessee.

Last edited:
It's impressive, but no one is confusing it for dropping 70 in an NCAA game because there is literally ZERO structure in the RTL. The RTL is very guard-oriented, and the result is often 30+ shot attempts (mostly ill-advised) from the guards while the post players clean up their misses. There is no repercussions for bad shots and bad decisions, so they just keep firing.

That is what SD either fails to admit or understand. He wants to rag on Kasongo's scoring avg, but won't admit that offense isn't his strength, nor are the guards running plays for him or other post players. Fortunately, most people realize that criticism has less to do with Kasongo's ability and more to do with who brought him to Tennessee.
I missed him ragging on RayK. This will probably be the one guy that most exposes SD as his usual clueless self.

Averaged 2's across the board, not
Like he lit the world on fire while here lol

As a true freshman in limited minutes. His passing was the best we have had from a pg since CJ. Many good to great players averaged similar freshmen numbers.

New starting lineups, guys? This was mine:
PG - Armani Moore
SG - Kevin Punter
SF - Robert Hubbs
PF - Jabari McGhee
C - Derrick Reese
Mostella, Phillips, Kasongo, and Balkman off the bench.
Remember I said this earlier, "It's not beyond the realm of possibility that none of this year's picks will be in the starting lineup on November 3." Think I got a big huh about that." RB has certainly been hinting about the PG situation all along as he did in this article.
PG-by-committee approach OK with Tennessee Vols' Rick Barnes

PG - Armani Moore
SG - Kevin Punter
SF - Robert Hubbs
PF - Jabari McGhee
C - Derrick Reese
Remember I said this earlier, "It's not beyond the realm of possibility that none of this year's picks will be in the starting lineup on November 3." Think I got a big huh about that." RB has certainly been hinting about the PG situation all along as he did in this article.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
PG - Armani Moore
SG - Kevin Punter
SF - Robert Hubbs
PF - Jabari McGhee
C - Derrick Reese

You love the sound of your own voice, don't you. (? not used on purpose)

VN Store

Back