Point Guard by Committee - RB

Really...Freshmen can't be leaders? Tell it to Kentucky. IJS...:birgits_giggle:

I know of a guy (JM) who was a freshmen BB player on the Jr. Varsity team in high school. He took over his team when one of the senior leaders got hurt. The coach skipped all over the seniors, juniors and sophomores on the bench. He had one freshman on the bench. This freshman had stats coming out the Yen Yang over all the leaders.

But are we uncertain about our leader? If so, During a TN game one of the commentators on ESPN asked another who would lead TN after Josh leaves. I was surprised at his answer. (?) It wasn't Armani Moore, Hubbs, or Punter. Your leader doesn't have to always be senior.
Who was the first to say Jabari would be a leader on this team? I think this year he will step into a leadership role alongside Armani. I don't foresee any of the others doing that. JM has been trained to lead, big advantage. Tell him Ole Sarge wants him to step up and do just that this year. I honestly don't think LT will come in and take a leadership role from either.

Who was the first to say Jabari would be a leader on this team? I think this year he will step into a leadership role alongside Armani. I don't foresee any of the others doing that. JM has been trained to lead, big advantage. Tell him Ole Sarge wants him to step up and do just that this year. I honestly don't think LT will come in and take a leadership role from either.

Do you know LT personally? You sure are backtracking from your "only seniors" can lead stance.

JM has one year of military training. Nobody else does. Next question. That is a very strong data point to me.

I don't think everyone that's had military training is automatically a good leader. I knew some real D- bags when I was in the Navy.

If Jabari turns out to be a leader, then I'm all for it.

Reactions: 1 person
JM has one year of military training. Nobody else does. Next question. That is a very strong data point to me.
That sir, is ridiculous. As a veteran, I can tell you just having military training means nothing in and of itself. It is all about mindset. A weak minded, easily malleable person would be affected by it. How many guys you know that washed out after a year or more? For some folks it sticks and helps for some not so much. Also a military mind set only can be helpful if in an environment accepting of it. Did he have leadership training? Now that would matter.

Reactions: 3 people
That sir, is ridiculous. As a veteran, I can tell you just having military training means nothing in and of itself. It is all about mindset. A weak minded, easily malleable person would be affected by it. How many guys you know that washed out after a year or more? For some folks it sticks and helps for some not so much. Also a military mind set only can be helpful if in an environment accepting of it. Did he have leadership training? Now that would matter.

Great post, but he will not respond. He has no legit answer for your post

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back