Phil Steele's 2012 Preseason All-SEC Team

Did he complete the third down passes too? And hit home runs in the passing game?Whatever dude he did what was asked of him. Bottom line. Has more wins and better percentage then Bray.

Yeah who had more yards against us Trent or McCarron?

Comparing Richardson's production vs. McCarron's production against us last year is a moot point when you consider how pitiful we were. Besides, I like how you twisted that to fit your agenda when I was obviously referring to a compliation of season stats vs. one game against a severely underwhelming and injury riddled team (which would be us).

Some of you are but hurt other teams have better players. It happens. Justso happens most people don't think of Bray the way you do. He is very talented but until he wins,he won't be respected by most.

Yeah who had more yards against us Trent or McCarron?

He can pass bc teams have to stack the box constantly to try to slow the run game down... He's not a better qb than Bray.. It's not Brays fault that he got hurt early last season.. It's not tough to spot his talent.

Did he complete the third down passes too? And hit home runs in the passing game?Whatever dude he did what was asked of him. Bottom line. Has more wins and better percentage then Bray.

He's also been surrounded by better talent and didn't have his #1 receiver done for the season early on and didn't break his thumb on the throwing hand.

I'm starting to think you're a tater digger yourself with the way you're defending the Bammers.

I was okay with the list until I saw Duron Carter, WR on the 3rd team. Duron Carter has never played a down in the SEC, nor will he.

I'm comparing McCarron's season stats with Bray's. A lot more efficient and Bray had the best receiver in the league.

Some of you are but hurt other teams have better players. It happens. Justso happens most people don't think of Bray the way you do. He is very talented but until he wins,he won't be respected by most.

If by most ppl u mean bama/fl homers, then yeah. Experts all around the country rank Bray very highly.

He's also been surrounded by better talent and didn't have his #1 receiver done for the season early on and didn't break his thumb on the throwing hand.

I'm starting to think you're a tater digger yourself with the way you're defending the Bammers.

Nice number one receiver BS who lead the league again ?

I'm not bashing Bray. I'm just saying if you don't win,you aren't gonna get love from people outside Tennessee.

I'm comparing McCarron's season stats with Bray's. A lot more efficient and Bray had the best receiver in the league; but, Bray couldn't do anything to get him the ball because Rogers was constantly double teamed and Bray was throwing under pressure because of an impotent offensive line.

fyp

Last edited:
When I first read that Bray was not in the top 4 I could not believe it. But, after taking off my homer glasses, you have to admit Bray has not done much against quality SEC defenses. Yes, he has the likes torched Memphis, Montana, Cincinatti, etc, but look at those numbers against Georgia, Arkansas, LSU, Bama, etc. Tyler has a lot to prove, but I think he is more than capable of doing so. It doesn't matter where he starts the season ranked, it's where he finishes.

Take Bray out of the Cincy game and insert McCarron.......you honestly think McCarron puts up the same #s and makes the same plays?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Take Bray out of the Cincy game and insert McCarron.......you honestly think McCarron puts up the same #s and makes the same plays?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

With the receivers we have probably,but I can't say for certain and neither can you.

Last edited:

Being a better team is different than being a better player. Bama is a much better TEAM then we are easily. Bray is a much better player.

EDIT: I think AJ is a really good QB.

Look I'm not hating on Bray. I really think he has the potential to be an all sec guy. Especially the help he will get from the receiving corps. But too this point he hasn't won games or put up mind blowing stats. He could though starting this year. All I was saying is don't get bent out of shape statistically there are better qb's in this league right now. So I wont argue there isn't 4 that should be ahead of him. Winning cures all

If I had to guess, he's probably doing it from the almost 3000 yards passing (21 TDs) and the 980 yards rushing (15 TDs) last season

I don't have a problem with Steele's list. I just think it's funny when people think that Franklin is a clear choice especially when the knock on Bray is competition level.

VN Store

Back