Phil Steele's 2012 Preseason All-SEC Team

Lol. If Tyler Bray would have played all year, going from his avgs per game: 3,398 yds, 27 TDs, 10 ints in 12 games.

Franklin: 2865 yds, 21 TDs, 11 ints in 13 games.

Mccarron: 2634 yds, 16 TDs, 5 ints in 13 games.

Murray: 3149 yds, 35 TDs, 14 ints in 13 games.

Wilson: 3638 yds, 24 TDs, 6 ints in 13 games.

Now, I know that we can't say Brays stats would be what I posted, but they would be close to that since that is what he averaged. If you want to go 1 step further, add 283 yds, 2 TDs and 1 int to his stats to make up for the 1 game. 3681 yds, 29 TDs and 11 ints.

Believe that puts him in conversation of top 3. Even if his numbers were a little off from that.

Look what I'm saying and have been saying all along is this. Everyone is upset based off he's not in the top 4. Statistically he is not. Everyone is basing this off talent alone. Yes I agree he is probably more talented then all of them and is a better pro prospect.
But he has a lot of work to do also to make this happen. Do I think he can ? Absolutely he can. But to gripe because he is not on that list has no valid argument. Everyone on that list played in bowl games and won enough to get into a bowl game along with decent stats.
I don't think all 4 ahead of him are better players but are proven winners. They lead there respective teams and to my knowledge, are all successful winning Qb's.
That is all I'm saying. Yes pre-season awards are based off what you did last year and how you fared against opponents. If it wasn't then how could you rate them? The same way Scout Rivals and Espn rate ? That doesn't justify a player until they prove themselves.

Also it isn't justifiable that He would have continued to average what he did the first 5 because of the competition level he would have faced in the next 5. But I consider that argument its 50/50 at best. I just don't see him avg. the same numbers against Bama and Lsu so that would have made his avg. drop and possibly go up more in Int's. But We really don't know because he didn't play either last season.

So 50/50 based on speculation.

Also it isn't justifiable that He would have continued to average what he did the first 5 because of the competition level he would have faced in the next 5. But I consider that argument its 50/50 at best. I just don't see him avg. the same numbers against Bama and Lsu so that would have made his avg. drop and possibly go up more in Int's. But We really don't know because he didn't play either last season.

So 50/50 based on speculation.

Problem is, there is a 500 yard gap and 700 yard gap between his avg and Franklin/McCarrons real game stats. It's conceivable to think that a healthy Bray throws for atleast 200 on both Bama and LSU. He throws for more than 283 on MTSU. He would throw for almost avg on South Carolina and Arkansas. The gap is so wide that we can make an assumption that he throws for more.

He averaged a little over 2 TDs and .83 ints. These are including his 2 crappy performances against Vandy and Ky. His stat line would still be better in both those categories too.

Again, this is a stat based vote. Statistically he would be 3rd in SEC no matter how you slice it. So you penalize a player for being hurt and on a team that's no good?

I defend my opinion because what I have seen from Bray is this. He's immature and his stats are padded because of the receivers he has. His stats aren't great by any means. So to me he hasn't show me jack other then he has a great arm. That said he made careless decisions at times too.

Keep defending, you're still wrong

Bray is going to have a great year, but he needs to beat a top team to get the respect. No one will get on his banwagon until he proves himself on the field against quality teams.

Most pre-season teams do.

Yeah I know, its not right though. Cause its for the next year. I can see maybe if they don't think they will return the next year, but Bray has already proven he will.

I just think if he played all year last year he would be on the list. Most people know that.

Bray is going to have a great year, but he needs to beat a top team to get the respect. No one will get on his banwagon until he proves himself on the field against quality teams.

Bad thing is, Bray could throw for 400 and 3 TDs against Bama and we could still lose. That's what sucks about it lol

Then why the hell isn't he on any damn all sec list I have seen. 500 says he isn't drafted in the first round and a 1 year ban bet. Deal? Stop talking and make the damn bet.I'm confident enough to.

I'm obviously not going to make a $500 bet with you over an internet forum but I will easily take a one year ban bet that Tyler Bray will be PROJECTED to be a first round draft pick after the year is over.

VN Store

Back