Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
:unsure: Why? She is winning games, just brought in a great recruiting class. Including getting (5-Star) Jannah Tucker enrolled this winter. This years signing class 2 of the 3 are McDonald's AA and they are still in it for undeclared #1 player in the country in 6'5 A'ja Wilson!

According to Dear-Doofus, coaches should be judged by the precedents set by the history of the program - hence we should be ok with CONzo and his mediocrity since since has been pretty mediocre except for the tenures of Mears and Pearl.

Under his standard, we should judge CHW by the same measuring stick........

Last edited:
Just spoke to a guest at the hotel I work at who is "Good friends" with Bruce. Got a free "Bring Back Bruce!" bumper sticker lol. He made a point to say Bruce and Cheek didn't get along well with each other :(

Holly needs to go just as much as Cuonzo. Sorry for all the women's sport enthusiasts, true statement.

Sorry, not a true statement. You may not really care, but she'll be here for awhile. I would imagine it would be difficult to fire a coach in the second year that's maintaining top ten status and making the AA's two years straight.

Witch Doctor say only Witch Doctors Harem..other than that. no. haha .let it go...feelings one way or another aint gonna matter, its business. period. lol Feelings is what got us into this mess with Hamilton. Harts business. we shall see. Plus us Vol fans have pretty much ran a scorched earth policy for anyone interviewing..its Pearls job. its coming crystal clear to everyone. it will you to at some point, that has nothing to do with me. THIS much passion..in Feb? How about in March when our NCAA butts are sitting home again and Pearls right there. Take in slowly thats cool, Witch Doctor eat ice cream too fast sometimes and wish he had. lol
BBB
Bones never lie.
(notice the drinking incident..we heard from Butch and Butch handled it in house NOTHING from Hart(Im pretty sure, could be wrong..nothing?right) Hamilton would have turned us(reported) to the NCAA for a secondary violations for something about that event..Witch Doctor wrong? Witch Doctor say Hart FIRED the people who thought they ran place.....several articles pretty much state that..Hell read some of Debbie Jennings comments TO THE PAPER about the dept. Read her OWN words she pretty much brags about it. HART didnt back down and run from them..HE FIRED THEM . says hes business and that makes me like the chances, he never fired Pearl. Hart sells this and becomes a Vol hero..think he ignores this? hed be gone quicker than Cuonzo. lol
Pearl belongs to Tennessee and us to him, like or not.

I gotcha on the feelings. I need a harem, I am also afraid there's going to be a lot of disappointment in the next few months. Good to see the Witch_Doctor bringing the voodoo! GBO!

I gotcha on the feelings. I need a harem, I am also afraid there's going to be a lot of disappointment in the next few months. Good to see the Witch_Doctor bringing the voodoo! GBO!

Witch Doctor say..
From day one after I said that too. I stated over and over it was foolish to think it. its not. Witch Doctor say this is the only time since the creation of "W_D"(2007) I broke third person. check it. .but I knew the message had to be clear. This was a wrong that we can fix and that will be clearer later. I think Pearls stars aligned after the Petrino rehiring. . It gives Hart a way to make it happen. heck look at the fan support already. The pro pearls is in the high 80% outside these sports board microcosms. EVEN the national media says it would be dumb if we didnt..
Sports boards are proven much more negative than the real world(google Im too lazy) Notice how even the LOCAL medias tune is changing..THINGS COULD happen, really Harts ONLY way of not hiring him my opinion..Cuonzo puts up a fight and makes it deep into the NCAA. If I were him Id show up at the next game with fake thick glasses..if he starts winning..there was my problem.lol
Bones never lie.
All Witch Doctors wild guessing. lol

Last edited:
Witch Doctor say..
From day one after I said that too. I stated over and over it was foolish to think it. its not. Witch Doctor say this is the only time since the creation of "W_D" I broke third person..but I knew the message had to be clear. This was a wrong that will be clearer later. I think Pearls stars aligned after the Petrino. It gives Hart a way to make it happen. heck look at the fan support already. The pro pearls is in the high 80% outside these sports board microcosms.
Sports boards are proven much more negative than the real world(google Im too lazy) Notice how even the LOCAL medias tune is changing..THINGS COULD happen, really Harts ONLY way of not hiring him my opinion..Cuonzo puts up a fight and makes it deep into the NCAA. If I were him Id show up at the next game with fake thick glasses..if he starts winning..there was my problem.lol
Bones never lie.

You are wise WD, but I'm afraid all the stars in VN cannot make this happen. I don't need to Google it, because for one no matter what I say I cannot change this outcome.

You are wise WD, but I'm afraid all the stars in VN cannot make this happen. I don't need to Google it, because for one no matter what I say I cannot change this outcome.
Witch Doctor say ...
Witch Doctor only gaze at the stars in VN. Witch Doctor follow the money. lol
Bones never lie.
*only sick feeling Ive had it could be another schools. Clay Travis Cheer-leading this hard scares me or hes trying to take cred? Im not basing anything on him, but its a distraction and makes me feel dirty supporting the same things like Witch Doctors cub scout master used to make Witch Doctor and cub scout troop feel!!!i. hahaha!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Witch Doctor say ...
Witch Doctor only gaze at the stars in VN. Witch Doctor follow the money. lol
Bones never lie.
*only sick feeling Ive had it could be another schools. Clay Travis Cheer-leading this hard scares me or hes trying to take cred? Im not basing anything on wrong, but its a distraction and make me feel dirty about it. hahaha

The money trail almost always shows the way. So the logic behind this is sound, but I am afraid there's some in control who do not want BP no matter what the monetary gain. I just hope If BP isn't hired that a rift doesn't form in VN or vice versa.

Last edited:
The money trail almost always shows the way. So the logic behind this is sound, but I am afraid there's some in control who do not want BP no matter what the monetary gain. I just hope If BP isn't hired that a riff doesn't form in VN or vice versa.

Witch Doctor say..

Destroyed if not, think about it, who wants it now? look at it from outside of the local media. we still look like idiots for Fulmer firing sport trainers running the AD dept...then kiff, then dools. Pearls the best thing ( and a couple three more) we had "Were the most dysfunctional SEC school in history,,,wanna come play here or coach at 70% of what other SEC schools pay? ". The old guard has changed. Now the fans have hope to rehire a favorite loved (VERY) proven coach that will probably take less to get the job back. its about money as I said early..not the wealth of it, its the cheapskateness of Tennessee that make it happen. haha
Its Harts decision and his alone. Hes here to win.

Bones never lie.

Last edited:
Witch Doctor say..

Destroyed if not, think about it, who wants it now? look at it from outside of the local media. "Were the most dysfunctional SEC school in history,,,wanna come play here or coach at 70% of what other SEC schools pay? ". The old guard has changed.
Its Harts decision and his alone. Hes here to win.

Bones never lie.

Well we're just going to have to let the season play out. I need to go work on my harem.

Reactions: 2 people
This may be old news to some, or I may sound like a "tin-foil" hat guy - but I have become convinced of something and would like input from those who know more than I do. I am not huge sport talk radio guy, but I do listen from time to time. With this rehiring Bruce Pearl thing, I have become convinced that the university is sending out talking points and many of the local sport talk radio guys just regurgitate their talking points. Many of the Sport Talk Radio Guys (STRG) are tied in to UT by working on the various broadcast, thus having a direct link to UT. The rest, I am sure, fear of their access being cut off IF they step out of line.

What has made this scenario so obvious is the same talking points coming out of so many different mouths on the radio. It's like a tape recording - over and over again everytime someone mentions the possibility of Pearl being rehired. For example, I have heard the following phrases a hundred times:

1. "Unprecedented" - as in "it's unprecedented that a University would hire a coach it let go. I am so sick of hearing that! SO WHAT!!! I'll tell you what's REALLY unprecedented: UT going to an elite Eight and to the NCAA 6years in a row - THAT is unprecedented.

2. "Many of the administrators that were there when Bruce Pearl was let go are still there" -

3. Bruce did more than just lie about a bbq (they then rehash - Brian Williams bad back/drug test and Ticketgate)- I am putting my tin foil hat on again - BUT I believe these were bogus or at least inflated situations that the university used to their advantage to justify their firing of Pearl in the first place when, after they had voiced their support. Reason they used these in that way, is because AFTER they voiced support - they got scared of the show-cause from the NCAA and were looking for an out that would make them look like "oh well, we tried". I could be wrong about that - but I felt that way from the time they first came out.

4. "It's not going to happen, I don't care how many petitions, how many fans lobby - it isn't going to happen" -

I have heard these 4 things said over and over again in the small amount of time I listen to Sport Talk radio. It sounds for the life of me like UT talking points handed down to radio personalities to stymie the fan base's desire for Pearl and justify UT's passing on rehiring him. National sports personalities are calling it a "no-brainer" for UT to rehire Pearl, while local talk radio is pooh-poohing the idea continually.

Well...I am a member of the tin-foil hat brigade???

This may be old news to some, or I may sound like a "tin-foil" hat guy - but I have become convinced of something and would like input from those who know more than I do. I am not huge sport talk radio guy, but I do listen from time to time. With this rehiring Bruce Pearl thing, I have become convinced that the university is sending out talking points and many of the local sport talk radio guys just regurgitate their talking points. Many of the Sport Talk Radio Guys (STRG) are tied in to UT by working on the various broadcast, thus having a direct link to UT. The rest, I am sure, fear of their access being cut off IF they step out of line.

What has made this scenario so obvious is the same talking points coming out of so many different mouths on the radio. It's like a tape recording - over and over again everytime someone mentions the possibility of Pearl being rehired. For example, I have heard the following phrases a hundred times:

1. "Unprecedented" - as in "it's unprecedented that a University would hire a coach it let go. I am so sick of hearing that! SO WHAT!!! I'll tell you what's REALLY unprecedented: UT going to an elite Eight and to the NCAA 6years in a row - THAT is unprecedented.

2. "Many of the administrators that were there when Bruce Pearl was let go are still there" -

3. Bruce did more than just lie about a bbq (they then rehash - Brian Williams bad back/drug test and Ticketgate)- I am putting my tin foil hat on again - BUT I believe these were bogus or at least inflated situations that the university used to their advantage to justify their firing of Pearl in the first place when, after they had voiced their support. Reason they used these in that way, is because AFTER they voiced support - they got scared of the show-cause from the NCAA and were looking for an out that would make them look like "oh well, we tried". I could be wrong about that - but I felt that way from the time they first came out.

4. "It's not going to happen, I don't care how many petitions, how many fans lobby - it isn't going to happen" -

I have heard these 4 things said over and over again in the small amount of time I listen to Sport Talk radio. It sounds for the life of me like UT talking points handed down to radio personalities to stymie the fan base's desire for Pearl and justify UT's passing on rehiring him. National sports personalities are calling it a "no-brainer" for UT to rehire Pearl, while local talk radio is pooh-poohing the idea continually.

Witch Doctor say the simplest answer is right 90% of the time. It sounds less like your asking and more like your trying to get that across. lol(and a little thick)
Bones never lie.

Last edited:
Witch Doctor say the simplest answer is right 90% of the time. It sounds less like your asking and more like your trying to get that across. lol(and a little thick)
Bones never lie.

Yea...I understand what you are saying AND I know it does sound that way...but I am just providing "evidence" of my silly theory. I am just amazed at the same words coming out of so many mouths with no dissenting. It really does sound like marching orders and propaganda. You are probably right.

Last edited:
Yea...I understand what you are saying AND I know it does sound that way...but I am just providing "evidence" of my silly theory. I am just amazed at the same words coming out of so many mouths with no dissenting. It really does sound like marching orders and propaganda.
Witch Doctor say..
nothing wrong with that,, just do it without the inference. you can say it we cool like that. interesting theory but they aint reliable..the ones saying it. basillo? hes on the 50-50 the rest are bitter people whos career shrinks daily. the are the walking bitter dead..most sided with Debbie Jennings..same ones by the way. so aint trusting that..
Bones never lie.
*Witch Doctor did read "Josephs Goebbels marketing for dummkopfs." lol

Last edited:

People that think that the UTAD doesn't manipulate/use the local media are the ones that need to wear the hat. The pointed one and they need to sit in the corner.

Anybody listen to his interview with Gary Parrish yesterday? I know Parrish had planned on asking him point-blank whether or not he'd return to UT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back