Petition for Secession

I don't understand why the average citizen would oppose secession. I get why the federal government would oppose it. Say you live in TN...why would you care if California proposed a 4 year phaseout plan where they can settle up with the US government, and plan for their own democratic system? What advantage is there in having CA as part of the union? I can still trade for CA goods. I don't have to subsidize their state government.

People who are pro union, why do you care if another state wants to leave?

secession is a racist dog whistle... duh

Haha, but say they are racists...my plan would allow time for all racists to move to CA and leave the union (and non-racists could leave CA). Seems like a good deal for the people staying, right?

If all the white people decide to secede, will that make me a rebel? Should I go get some stars and bars? Maybe start whistling Dixie?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't understand why the average citizen would oppose secession. I get why the federal government would oppose it. Say you live in TN...why would you care if California proposed a 4 year phaseout plan where they can settle up with the US government, and plan for their own democratic system? What advantage is there in having CA as part of the union? I can still trade for CA goods. I don't have to subsidize their state government.

I dare say the people of CA do a lot more to subsidize other states such as TN than the other way around.

Now if Mississippi wanted to leave then I guess you have point.

1) Obamacare will not bankrupt the country. Medicare, Social Security, welfare, etc will bankrupt this country.

2) In four years we are going to become a third world country? You have lost your mind.

Just because it does not fit into your world view does not mean it is incorrect.

My world view? You don't have the slightest clue what "my world view" entails.

Obama added 6 trillion dollars to the debt the first time around.

Yep. Not a fan.

He supports the UN global gun control act.

So? It will never be ratified. No need to worry.

He nationalized 1/6th of the economy with obamacare.

False. It will be eventually; Obamacare is the first step to that eventual reality but it is not currently nationalized. If you believe it is, you have not the slightest clue was nationalized medicine is.

You are just illuminating your profound ignorance of the subject at hand.

Unemployment, when including those who are under-employed or who have just stopped looking is 15%.

Ok. He gets too much blame for this. He isn't helping himself on this front though.

He has stated publically he supports redistribution of wealth.

We have had a progressive tax for how many years? There has been how many Republican Congresses and POTUS during that time?

So it would seem my post is based on facts you cant deny.

Some facts, some false statements.

A lot of unfounded conjecture sprinkled in.

That makes your post the worst ever.

Ironic; coming from the poster who stated we would be a third world country in four years time.

Care to make a wager upon that prediction?

God bless the Free States of America.

Why not God bless the rest of the world?

He certainly is not going to bless the godless, baby-killing, pro-homosexual United Stars of America (the Northeast, Midwest, and literally the left coast).

:no:

It is amazing the US has those and is still considered the best "major" country on the face of the Earth. Maybe God supports secularism, abortion, and homosexual rights?

Reactions: 1 person
I dare say the people of CA do a lot more to subsidize other states such as TN than the other way around.

Now if Mississippi wanted to leave then I guess you have point.

the "subsidy" argument goes both ways. right now, Californians can deduct the state taxes they pay from their federal tax liability. so, the rest of the country subsidizes the cost of living in California.

Is it irony that the poorest states that receive the most federal funding are the ones that (have a small-minded minority of citizens who) want to succeed?

Damn those red state takers for re-electing Obama.

Florida and Virginia are both blue states. Where are you getting your info from?

Top Ten federal funding by state

D (Millions)

R

Last edited:

How do you, either in TN or AZ, subsidize CA's state gov?

Is Your State A Net Giver or Taker of Federal Taxes? | The Big Picture

Last edited:
D-Democratic states

R- Republican states

Top ten federal funding.

I still don't get it. When it says 65.74 (in millions) what the hell does that mean? A D state takes that much in funding? Which state? The #1 state is $577.8M, and the #10 state is $8.6M? Is that what it is saying? I just don't get how some of the numbers are so large and some are so small.

It's this thing called debt....

As you can see AZ, TN, and CA are all net takers. I wasn't aware of that, I was just inventing a hypothetical. A Tennessean is a net taker in the present, but that doesn't mean he isn't subsidizing CA. A portion of the burden of the missing $.09 on every dollar is shared by his posterity.

Your hypothetical sucks.

i still don't get it. When it says 65.74 (in millions) what the hell does that mean? A d state takes that much in funding? Which state? The #1 state is $577.8m, and the #10 state is $8.6m? Is that what it is saying? I just don't get how some of the numbers are so large and some are so small.

$65,740,000

What sucks about it? Do you have anything constructive to say, or are you just trolling? I'm curious. I want to know why you would oppose the secession of AZ? My guess is you don't have a good answer.

You made a hypothetical quoting things that you yourself said you weren't aware of, therefore THAT hypothetical sucks. Try making a hypothetical that you have some idea about.

I wouldn't oppose any state seceding. But, to think that any state seceding is at all likely is ludicrous. All this talk about it is just a bunch of butt hurt ignorance and a waste of time.

You made a hypothetical quoting things that you yourself said you weren't aware of, therefore THAT hypothetical sucks. Try making a hypothetical that you have some idea about.

I wouldn't oppose any state seceding. But, to think that any state seceding is at all likely is ludicrous. All this talk about it is just a bunch of butt hurt ignorance and a waste of time.

It's nothing more than making a statement

I don't know if you know this, but a hypothetical is a scenario that isn't real. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate. It's a thought exercise. You're like a grammar nazi about this.

Who said secession is likely? You spend an awful lot of wasted time talking about this subject...:question:

VN Store

Back