PC Graphics card discussion

Need some help

I have a X690 DDR5 MB that I have ran 2X16 RAM on with no issues under XMP and 6000 for months. I recently found another 2 sticks of the same exact RAM on sale and decided to just grab it. So I now have 4X16 and I am getting crashes shortly after starting up games. Is there something I am missing? I am almost certain my board supports the 4 sticks, but wondering if there is something in the bios I am missing. Any thoughts?

Bios up to date?

This can be frustrating and why ram is sold in kits. Some motherboards can be more sensitive. What voltage in xmp profile. Your motherboard should support 4 sticks up to a certain speed.

Have tried running just the 2 new sticks and make sure they work properly? Otherwise it should just be plug and play with memory now days. Maybe double check the BIOS to make sure it sees it properly.

You can also run a memory health check through CMD Prompt to see if there is anything wrong with the new sticks.

Thanks for the suggestions, found the issue with the bios. Thought it was the latest, but it was outdated. Flashed and started again with no issues this time.

You may want to also check your timing settings etc, settings can differ even with the same memory depending on number of banks being used and power available etc.

You may want to also check your timing settings etc, settings can differ even with the same memory depending on number of banks being used and power available etc.
Appreciate it, it ended up being Bios out of date......by like a month. Its a Gigabyte z690 board and they just recently suppported stable 4 stick support on XMP.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury
So putting together a build for my son and pretty much settled on the 4000D airflow as I have the 5000D and absolutely love the case. He is a big spiderman fan and wondering if anyone knows of any good site that does custom paint jobs for cases?

So putting together a build for my son and pretty much settled on the 4000D airflow as I have the 5000D and absolutely love the case. He is a big spiderman fan and wondering if anyone knows of any good site that does custom paint jobs for cases?
I may have a white 5000D sitting in a closet. If so you can have for free if you're able to pick it up. I'll double check on my lunch break.

I may have a white 5000D sitting in a closet. If so you can have for free if you're able to pick it up. I'll double check on my lunch break.
I surely appreciate that offer, but the 4000D is as big as I want to go with the case for him and I got a deal on it. Plus, I think gas money from me to you would probably be a wash lol :) I really appreciate that offer though.

Thanks, those look really cool. Almost harder than buying a 4090 :) I bet I could find that backplate on V1 Tech

Have recently gotten into DCS and flight sims and this might be the pinnacle of gaming for me. Have some good sticks and got a VR headset and its the most incredible thing I have played.

VN Store

Back