PC Graphics card discussion

Question…….I have an 850 power supply, do I need to upgrade to a 1000w with a 4080 and I7 13700k?

Lol little more than I wanted to pay for a monitor and don’t want ultrawide (want my PS5 to use it as well). Ended up going with
Corsair XENEON 32UHD144 Gaming Monitor - 32-Inch, IPS UHD (3840 x 2160), AMD FreeSync™ Premium Adaptive Sync, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms, DisplayHDR600, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4, USB-C 3.1 - Black
https://a.co/d/02Ttfs9
Nice, Enjoy your new rig.

Reactions: BearCat204
Fired up The Witcher 3 ray-tracing update and immediately want a new rig complete with a 4090. It's wild to see my 3080 feel so antiquated and not even at 4K (3440x1440) after chewing up everything in sight for the past two years. The game looks absolutely gorgeous with everything cranked up, though.

Fired up The Witcher 3 ray-tracing update and immediately want a new rig complete with a 4090. It's wild to see my 3080 feel so antiquated and not even at 4K (3440x1440) after chewing up everything in sight for the past two years. The game looks absolutely gorgeous with everything cranked up, though.

Since you obviously aren’t hurting for cash with wanting a 4090…can I have your 3080? 😂

Since you obviously aren’t hurting for cash with wanting a 4090…can I have your 3080? 😂

Lol I didn't say I could (reasonably) afford a 4090. I also barely have time to game...and my CPU would bottleneck the **** out of a 4090, thus requiring a full build, and I certainly ain't got the time or money for dat!

Reactions: zhangliao04
Lol I didn't say I could (reasonably) afford a 4090. I also barely have time to game...and my CPU would bottleneck the **** out of a 4090, thus requiring a full build, and I certainly ain't got the time or money for dat!

Truth. My baby girl is now 3 months old and I have played games for a total of probably 4 hours since she was born. Thankful they pushed back the release for Starfield or I’d be trying to fit it in whenever I could lol.

Reactions: Aesius
Truth. My baby girl is now 3 months old and I have played games for a total of probably 4 hours since she was born. Thankful they pushed back the release for Starfield or I’d be trying to fit it in whenever I could lol.

I feel you. At this point I’m in danger of becoming the old boomer who builds killer rigs solely to benchmark because I don’t have time to actually play stuff….

Reactions: zhangliao04
Got the 4080 installed and I love the look of it. Haven’t started the benchmarks and testing and OCing yet. I love the fan RGB light, I think they look clean and they only illuminate under load.E1AEFE1A-B9AF-4A6D-B4A2-DBF95937A981.jpeg

I will add that I detest the power cable. Need to get a 90 angle connector or go with a PSU that has the new connector slot.

Getting really good results from benchmarks and seems to chew up everything I have thrown at it, including Cyberpunk with RT. The thing I am the most impressed with is the cooling. Putting as much stress as I can on it and haven’t gone over 70 at any time. During most gaming I am sitting at 50-55.

So bought a new flight stick (X56) and a Tobii eye/head tracker :) Looking forward to diving head first into DCS

Been playing around with this Tobii tracker and it’s such a game changer for flight sims and racing. It is incredible how well it tracks and if you aren’t wanting to go VR, would highly recommend.

Nah bruh, I paid an extra tax to get the card. I paid about 100 more and grabbed it from StockX, I am ashamed and also happy at the same time.
No shame in $100 more. I have cancelled 2 RTX 4080 cards. Hoping to score a 4090 at MSRP from BestBuy.

VN Store

Back