Paul finebaum show

It's like Jerry Springer in Alabama only you don't get the visual of the redneck wreckage.. Unfortunately people tune in and ratings/money is what it's all about...

That being said, if you want it to change, quit watching it.. I sure as he!! don't..

Reactions: 3 people
cry me a river op, its a good show... frankly I don't wanna hear from florida or Georgia fans in OUR rivalries, maybe when Tennessee wins more games, they will talk more about Tennessee till then, lets fly under the radar and bite some ppl in the ass...

Probably because he has been the most successful person in his line of work in the south over the last 30 years.

I am not trying to be mean because I would consider myself a "radio" guy too, but I think he should stay on radio. He reminds me of that bad guy on the Beethoven movie.

Would not want a Vol Network. I think there is enough news, stories, etc. about all the schools every day that they could have a balanced show.

Yeah I get what you're saying. But do you really want a show that shows just as much on Vandy or UK, or whichever Mississippi school heads back to where they belong first, as they do the top teams in the conference? ESPN doesn't think so. And I tend to agree. I'd rather wait to be represented when we are worth talking about than have to listen through a bunch of crap no one cares about.

Besides, there is absolutely nothing they are going to talk about on the show that you couldn't have read about here first

I am not trying to be mean because I would consider myself a "radio" guy too, but I think he should stay on radio. He reminds me of that bad guy on the Beethoven movie.
I have only seen about 3 hours of his show total in my life. It is as good as any. I don't listen to sports talk.

For a show that most of y'all hate, you seem to know a helluva lot about it. And you say Finebaum is the idiot.

:popcorn:Never said he was a idiot. He has a great gig!! We are just looking for some entertainment before/during/after football season. Hearing nothing but Bama/Auburn talk is not my idea of entertainment. Instead of his 4 hr show what about a 30 min show put on by the athletic dept. and audio video scholars of each school. Just about anything would be a better fit for the SEC NETWORK instead of the PF Show ........... aka "BAMA SHOW".

I am a SEC fan. When ESPN announced that there was going to be a SEC sports channel I was excited and could hardly wait. While it has given me the opportunity to see things about all the teams I never would have seen otherwise, I am extremely disappointed in the Paul Finebaum Show. What was to have been a call in show for all the teams has become a show for 'Bama and Auburn fans to exchange barbs and insults with each other. Very seldom is any other caller representing a team other that those 2 allow to get any air time. I for 1 and tired of hearing only about THEM. Please join with me in asking ESPN/SEC officials to have a balanced - unbias show or get someone to replace PF and his producer. I'm sure all the teams in the SEC are paying their salaries. Only 2 of the 14 teams in the SEC are getting their monies worth. Please send your requests to paulfinebaumshow@espn.com,secsports.com/feedback. Let's take control of what is suppose to be OUR show. thanks

I knew that's all that a$$hats show would be. If that was the only thing on TV I would turn it off and stare at the wall. I can't imagine why anybody would watch that show! What a complete waste of time. Hopefully the ratings on his show will be horrible and Theyll cancel it

Thats some of the best comedy on TV. I guess you have to had lived in Alabama to get it, its hilarious.

I have only seen about 3 hours of his show total in my life. It is as good as any. I don't listen to sports talk.

Like OP said, I am sure it is fine to listen to if you care about Alabama/Auburn. I have never watched it, because I know how his show is.

Reactions: 1 person
For a show that most of y'all hate, you seem to know a helluva lot about it. And you say Finebaum is the idiot.

ha, ha....best and most telling comment...too much WWF, Jerry Springer, Maury...etc. Everyone loves drama and it seems there will always be folks on both sides to contribute!

:popcorn:Never said he was a idiot. He has a great gig!! We are just looking for some entertainment before/during/after football season. Hearing nothing but Bama/Auburn talk is not my idea of entertainment. Instead of his 4 hr show what about a 30 min show put on by the athletic dept. and audio video scholars of each school. Just about anything would be a better fit for the SEC NETWORK instead of the PF Show ........... aka "BAMA SHOW".

Sounds like the Butch Jones Show. Have you watched one of those lately? It's nothing like they used to be. Its awful! It's completely geared as a recruiting tool. Which is great, but I don't want to watch it. You can only watch the nutritionist lady make so many energy boosting meals for players

Reactions: 2 people

I wasn't referring to you at all. For a lot of people I think it's the Howard Stern effect, people who like him listen to him for 20 minutes a day, those who hate him listen for 4 hours to see what will make them mad so they have something to write letters about.

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to you at all. For a little of people I think it's the Howard Stern effect, people who like him listen to him for 20 minutes a day, those who hate him listen for 4 hours to see what will make them mad so they have something to write letters about.

:lolabove: QFT

But all 14 schools are helping pay his salary !! All 14 teams are in the same club, but only 2 are let in the clubhouse. :banghead2::banghead2:

Look man if you don't like it simply dont watch it. I watch just about everyday and yes there are always those crazy callers but he talks about every team in the Sec some what. The last month or so Tennessee and Arky have been getting a lot of praise, rightfully so! Btw yesterday a caller called in and asked why General Neyland was not in more discussion about the greatest of all time and the caller stated that Bear Bryant had learned most of his coaching skills from the General! PF then said the General was one of the best and prob the best! PF will jump on our bandwagon when we return to glory! GBO!!! VFL!!!!!

Finebaum is a tool, much like his Nazi twin Adolph Eichmann.

Attachments

• Adolph Eichmann.jpg
    Adolph Eichmann.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 115
  • Finebaum.jpg
    Finebaum.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: 3 people
The sec has two " cash cows" bama football & uk basketball always have and always will be. The sec network is unfortunately about what I expected.

Same way here man, if you are a bama or auburn fan then its a good show, all you hear on the show is how great little nick is or the War Eagles is gaining on the washing powered team. We need a GO TO H2LL SIGH FOR PAUL ON HERE LIKE WE DO FOR CORSO.:corso:Just replace the name to paul.:banghead2:

Ratings. Espn is in the business of making money. If they thought balanced coverage of sec schools would make them more money then that's what they would do. He pulls in listeners/viewers. It's not that difficult of a concept. Oh and the universities are in no way paying him any money. Espn paid the sec a boatload for this. They then pay their talent.

Totally understand ESPN is in it for the money. All the more reason to have a balanced show that is appealing to all fanbases.

IMHO -You want to make some $$$$$ ?? Don't just zero in on 2 out of 14 schools in the conference. Companies want a broad, wide audience seeing their commercials. After all, the SEC NETWORK is for the SEC fans or so I thought.

The local CBS affiliate would be wise to air PF show in b-ham and surrounding area.

Again, this is the SEC NETWORK. ESPN is smart. They will get it right, may take a year or 2 tho.

What you fail to understand is that Finebaum has been involved with sports in Birmingham, Alabama for over 30 years, as a newspaper reporter, and mostly a radio host. He has been a fixture in Alabama for a long time.

He has had a ton of Alabama and Auburn fans calling him since the early 80's. What you want is for the SEC Network to televise the Jayson Swain radio program.

If he is embedded in AL for 30 years and everyone, including the SEC Network knows this, then why would they give him his own show on the network when the network is about the entire SEC and not just two teams.... Their ratings during that time slot have got to have taken a nose-dive since no other SEC team wants to tune in and hear about AL vs AU...

I think I'm going to buy some land in Mulga, AL and put up a humongous Power T Neon sigh that can be seen for miles!

Maybe a smaller Auburn sign too!

I bet phyliss would love that warm Orange Glow on the horizon every night!

If he is embedded in AL for 30 years and everyone, including the SEC Network knows this, then why would they give him his own show on the network when the network is about the entire SEC and not just two teams.... Their ratings during that time slot have got to have taken a nose-dive since no other SEC team wants to tune in and hear about AL vs AU...
Who would you suggest to do a show?

VN Store

Back