Paul finebaum show

Winning cures all. I fully expect our group of idiots to be calling in a lot in early August.

The show was based out of Birmingham and it has a group of loyal callers that are indeed insane, but have helped Finebaum get to where he is today. I respect PF for not forgetting who helped him succeed and allowing idiots like Charles from Reeltown or Phyllis call in regularly.

But all 14 schools are helping pay his salary !! All 14 teams are in the same club, but only 2 are let in the clubhouse. :banghead2::banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
Call in...they take calls as received and take them from every corner of the US and fans of teams in and out of the SEC.

Problem solved....just don't expect him to agree with every word

I understand what he is. What I don't understand is why he was picked to host the show, and why the SEC signed off on it. :thud:
Probably because he has been the most successful person in his line of work in the south over the last 30 years.

PF may have been there 30 years but thats not a good enough excuse. JH has been covering Tennessee for a long time too and he's still a LSU homer.

It's the "Paul Finebama Show". I don't watch it anymore. Tired of hearing Bama redneck rants and raves. I cannot understand half of them.:hi:

The ratings have to be low except for bammeR territory. I haven't watch Finebaum show except once last year. Saw what it was and walked away.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, to be fair, he does have Smokey playing guitar on his desk...

So, we've got that going for us...

Probably because he has been the most successful person in his line of work in the south over the last 30 years.

Like they say - time will tell. Don't think IMHO that the show will be a long term success unless they change the format. I am sure it is probably the most watched show in Ala. Maybe even beating out NCIS.

But all 14 schools are helping pay his salary !! All 14 teams are in the same club, but only 2 are let in the clubhouse. :banghead2::banghead2:

Mickey Mouse is paying his salary. If you heard the show the week before the Florida game UT fans were just prevalent and obnoxious as the Bammers and Barners. I fully expect our fans to be on Finebaum a lot next fall if we do what I think we will.

I don't mind PF, however every day from 3 to 7 is ridiculous. If they wanted to air the show from the previous day from 6-10 in the mornings, whatever. But between 5 and 7 is prime time. Can they seriously not do better in that time slot than PF?

The programming needs to get better. I don't watch it except for the basketball and football games. I would love to have SEC specific College football live, basketball live, recruiting, etc during the off-season. I would also like to see something comparable to football life on NFL network for former SEC athletes.

When we are winning like they are, we will get represented on the show like they are. Just enjoy watching it happen. People say they want a show for all the teams but what they really want is the Volunteer Network. I keep it on for background noise on most days and lately they have spent some time on UT every day. But I guess it's no surprise that he will never make everyone in VolNation happy LOL

This. However I would support a petition to the university to void his biased traitorous arse's UT diploma. My guess is Bama would be happy to issue him an honorary red elephant diploma.

Yea let's start voiding diplomas of grads. Sounds reasonable.

Mickey Mouse is paying his salary. If you heard the show the week before the Florida game UT fans were just prevalent and obnoxious as the Bammers and Barners. I fully expect our fans to be on Finebaum a lot next fall if we do what I think we will.

I do too, just hope our callers will show more class.

What's he gonna do when bama sucks again?

I would rather see some type of regular programming for each individual team like a coach's show or something. I do watch SEC Now from time to time but other than that not much there other than the live events. Looking forward to the baseball coverage.

Don't think his program will be on the air for long.

It will take a while for the league to figure out how to fill out all of the programming time.

Was hoping the SEC Network would carry all the Various Teams' Coaches "Talk Shows". Would seem to be a natural fit. No they are NOT! Have not been able to see any of Tennessee Basketball shows due in part to screws ups by "Brighthouse". I do not care to waste my time listening to opinions of mostly "dimwits"!

I understand what he is. What I don't understand is why he was picked to host the show, and why the SEC signed off on it. :thud:

Ratings. Espn is in the business of making money. If they thought balanced coverage of sec schools would make them more money then that's what they would do. He pulls in listeners/viewers. It's not that difficult of a concept. Oh and the universities are in no way paying him any money. Espn paid the sec a boatload for this. They then pay their talent.

Don't think his program will be on the air for long.

It will take a while for the league to figure out how to fill out all of the programming time.

I wouldn't think the league would have anything to do with it. And you would think that ESPN might have it figured out by now lol

Paul Finebaum is a traitor to the University of which he obtained his degree. Even if he was entertaining or educational to watch, I wouldn't.

For a show that most of y'all hate, you seem to know a helluva lot about it. And you say Finebaum is the idiot.

Paul Finebaum is a traitor to the University of which he obtained his degree. Even if he was entertaining or educational to watch, I wouldn't.
That is probably one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard on here, and that is saying something.

When we are winning like they are, we will get represented on the show like they are. Just enjoy watching it happen. People say they want a show for all the teams but what they really want is the Volunteer Network. I keep it on for background noise on most days and lately they have spent some time on UT every day. But I guess it's no surprise that he will never make everyone in VolNation happy LOL

Would not want a Vol Network. I think there is enough news, stories, etc. about all the schools every day that they could have a balanced show.

Conference networks were always a bad concept from the start. There isn't enough material to fill a 24/7 schedule.

In theory it's nice to have some of the other sports broadcasted but outside of friends and family of the athletes no one is watching (ie generating advertising $$) so they have to put on Jerry Springer-esque ratings bait.

It is dissapointing that the SEC Network has decided to perpetuate the crazy SEC fan stereotype by hitching their wagon to Finebaum and making him the face of the network.

VN Store

Back