Patterson, Gary

From the TCU Board:

From GreatHornyToads:

quote:
Patterson and Tennessee

I’ve have it on solid authority from within the AD that Patterson has met with Tennessee representatives 3 times in the last month. He’s kept this secret from TCU.

It sounds like the two parties have gotten to the point that Patterson has given his requirements to become head coach for the Vols. He wanted the job in 2009 and was ready to leave but felt they had already agreed to hire someone else.

This is going to be a huge blow for our program.

Lol I guess other boards have "sources" too.

Move along folks nothing to see here.

The coach CAN NOT meet with UT's people secretly. Patterson's agent can have some vague discussions with Tennessee's people.......but not directly with each other.

The only way this is allowed is by Tennessee asking TCU......and that ain't happening.

Reactions: 2 people
With Currie telling recruits that a coach will be in place before Dec 20th, does that take out any current CFC in position for a bowl? To me the Jets AD would be the only realistic option to meet that timeline?

With Currie telling recruits that a coach will be in place before Dec 20th, does that take out any current CFC in position for a bowl? To me the Jets AD would be the only realistic option to meet that timeline?

Coaches skip bowl games all the time. This year won't be any different.

Currie is not gonna hire Rodgers.. he will be ran outta town

Last edited:

It's pretty common for coaches to leave for a new job and not coach their bowl game.

Man, I would LOVE to have Patterson in Big Orange! (Doubt it'll happen, but WOW if it did!)

Reactions: 1 person
He's been at TCU a loooong time. He evidently has already been rubbed the wrong way by Tennessee once (by a different AD, but still, his previous experience with Tennessee wasn't great). Paid over $5m by TCU. TCU is in the Big 12 now - a lot of the speculation regarding him in previous searches revolved around him being enticed to leave TCU because they weren't a P5 school. Why would he leave now?

If he's under contract doesnt UT have to ask permission to talk to CGP

Yes. So that's why the strictly legal boundaries are skirted through agents and representatives able to act on behalf of the hiring university and the prospect... like another agent... a search firm... or maybe even a "special advisor" to the AD. It is never detailed enough to be called a "contact" but specific enough to determine mutual interests.

Considering what the AD did bringing Fulmer along side... someone probably anticipated a likelihood of Jones being fired.

No. Jones didn't coach in Cincy's bowl game after being hired in December. That's pretty common.

It would probably mean that the replacement will not be announced until after their final regular season game.

Good lord. Gary Patterson isn't happening. Hamilton should have hired him instead of Kiffin and who knows how different the last near decade could have been. I feel confident we get Gruden anyway but the Patterson talk is just that. No chance he considers us unless him and Currie have some kind of relationship. But like I said it's gonna be Gruden anyway!

Wondering how long it would take for these bipolar fans to turn on Patterson?

What do you mean by that?

UT just got around to firing Jones after 5 years of subpar performance on the field and a terrible SEC record. Even the skeptics like me... hoped going into this season that he would finally prove he was the right guy. He failed. Miserably.

That's not being "bipolar". That's having standards.

Reactions: 5 people
as the next head coach at Tennessee......book it!

He's my #2! I want Gruden!

Soon!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

k2248w.png

Good lord. Gary Patterson isn't happening. Hamilton should have hired him instead of Kiffin and who knows how different the last near decade could have been. I feel confident we get Gruden anyway but the Patterson talk is just that. No chance he considers us unless him and Currie have some kind of relationship. But like I said it's gonna be Gruden anyway!

Someone suggested that they do from Currie's time at K-State.

And again... why should Patterson harbor ill-will for UT and the current administration for what Hamilton did?

He's been at TCU a loooong time. He evidently has already been rubbed the wrong way by Tennessee once (by a different AD, but still, his previous experience with Tennessee wasn't great). Paid over $5m by TCU. TCU is in the Big 12 now - a lot of the speculation regarding him in previous searches revolved around him being enticed to leave TCU because they weren't a P5 school. Why would he leave now?

TCU can easily match any amount of money Tennessee can.

From the TCU Board:

From GreatHornyToads:

quote:
Patterson and Tennessee

I’ve have it on solid authority from within the AD that Patterson has met with Tennessee representatives 3 times in the last month. He’s kept this secret from TCU.

It sounds like the two parties have gotten to the point that Patterson has given his requirements to become head coach for the Vols. He wanted the job in 2009 and was ready to leave but felt they had already agreed to hire someone else.

This is going to be a huge blow for our program.

Please provide a link.

Why do you think that they can... or would?

I go to FWTX often and know alot of people there. He can do whatever he wants there, he is a beloved figure.
That area is very, very rich. Money will not be an issue in keeping him there.

VN Store

Back