Our hard times are coming to an end

I love these spring threads. New flowers, new gardens, new hope. I'll reserve my celebration until the game clock has run out on a couple of the games next season.

Should wait five to ten minutes after the game clock has run out, both teams have cleared the field and referees have left the stadium, just to be safe.

Reactions: 4 people
In case YOU missed it, that's the whole point. He broke it. The program is broken.

lol

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of gumbies.

when florida mails it in against kentucky because they don't give a damn about playing in a bowl game, don't give a damn about beating kentucky, and are hungover from celebrating their only conference win of the season (at home in overtime over vanderbilt), then i will consider the program broken.

when florida fans talk about another program being "broken" that florida can't beat when we've had 4 losing seasons in 7 years, then i will consider the program broken.

when vanderbilt goes bowling and florida doesn't, then i will consider the program broken.

Last edited:
You need to change your name from allvol123 to sometimesAvol.Because of your remarks about Dooley.If you were allvol you would hope that Dooley keeps his job because that would mean the vols did good on field.You sound like a fan that hopes the team does not win five games so Dooley would get fired.I hope he does so good of a job that he is the coach for the next twenty five years.As long as the vols get back to where they where in the 90,s.If not wait and talk about it after the season.

Just because a fan does not like the coach, doesn't mean he is not a true fan. Im on the fence about Dooley and that is where everybody should be. Nobody should be saying he needs to be fired because we don't know yet for sure, but then again, nobody needs to be saying he is gonna be here for 20 years because we don't know that either. It is purely wait and see with Derek Dooley.

when florida mails it in against kentucky because they don't give a damn about playing in a bowl game, don't give a damn about beating kentucky, and are hungover from celebrating their only conference win of the season (at home in overtime over vanderbilt), then i will consider the program broken.

when florida fans talk about another program being "broken" that florida can't beat when we've had 4 losing seasons in 7 years, then i will consider the program broken.

when vanderbilt goes bowling and florida doesn't, then i will consider the program broken.

So taking out all the shots at Tennessee you're saying fl is gonna be good? Or good compared to what we've been the last four years?

So taking out all the shots at Tennessee you're saying fl is gonna be good? Or good compared to what we've been the last four years?

my over/under would be at 8 wins.

the program being broken is insane. i expect another less than stellar year in 2012 because they are breaking in new personnel on offense, particularly at qb.

the defense should be very, very good. special teams should be very, very good.

if the defense and special teams are as good as i think they will be, then they aren't going to be any fun to play even with a suspect offense. hell, even with a "scoring is optional" season, they lost to georgia and south carolina by less than a touchdown, were down 7-6 to auburn in the 4th quarter and gave up less than 100 yards in total offense to florida state. the only two teams that pimp slapped florida up and down the field were alabama and lsu.

in 2013, (if muschamp is the right guy), the team should be very good. if not, we'll get a new guy.

however, having a couple of subpar years does not equal a "broken" program. and if, in 2013, they are in the hunt and are a top 10 type team, then the 2010-2012 years will be considered transition period.

Last edited:

You won a NC in 2008
You lost a couple of games in 2009
You lost four games in 2010
You lost six games in 2011
You will lose eight games in 2012

Do you see the trend here 99? I think implosion is a fair word.

my over/under would be at 8 wins.

the program being broken is insane. i expect another less than stellar year in 2012 because they are breaking in new personnel on offense, particularly at qb.

the defense should be very, very good. special teams should be very, very good.

if the defense and special teams are as good as i think they will be, then they aren't going to be any fun to play even with a suspect offense. hell, even with a "scoring is optional" season, they lost to georgia and south carolina by less than a touchdown, were down 7-6 to auburn in the 4th quarter and gave up less than 100 yards in total offense to florida state. the only two teams that pimp slapped florida up and down the field were alabama and lsu.

in 2013, (if muschamp is the right guy), the team should be very good. if not, we'll get a new guy.

however, having a couple of subpar years does not equal a "broken" program. and if, in 2013, they are in the hunt and are a top 10 type team, then the 2010-2012 years will be considered transition period.

That sounds like what we we're saying last year.

That sounds like what we we're saying last year.

tennessee had more holes that no one wanted to acknowledge.

couldn't run the ball. couldn't stop the run. couldn't defend the pass. couldn't play special teams.

florida's problems in 2011 were exactly what everyone thought they would be. offense. people were counting on it being better than the year before and they were wrong. people placed all the blame on 2010 on steve addazio and trying to get brantley to run the spread. while some of that was still probably the case, the other problems were clearly due to the talent on the field

same as people were counting on tennessee's running game in 2011 to be better than the year before and those people were wrong.

i had tennessee and florida pegged exactly right last season. i said each of them were about the 6th best team on the other one's schedule.

if, for whatever reason (and i'm not counting on it), florida can put a decent offense on the field in 2012, than they are going to be a pretty damn good team. as i said, i'm not counting on it, which is why they will struggle.

with an average offense in 2011, they would have won 10 games (beating georgia, south carolina, florida state and auburn) and been exactly like georgia or south carolina were last year. two pretty good teams not worthy of winning 10 games, but you play the schedule that you are given.

but, they are solid in the other areas of the game.

Last edited:
tennessee had more holes that no one wanted to acknowledge.

couldn't run the ball. couldn't stop the run. couldn't defend the pass. couldn't play special teams.

florida's problems in 2011 were exactly what everyone thought they would be. offense. people were counting on it being better than the year before and they were wrong.

same as people were counting on tennessee's running game in 2011 to be better than the year before and those people were wrong.

i had tennessee and florida pegged exactly right last season. i said each of them were about the 6th best team on the other one's schedule.

if, for whatever reason (and i'm not counting on it), florida can put a decent offense on the field in 2012, than they are going to be a pretty damn good team. as i said, i'm not counting on it, which is why they will struggle.

but, they are solid in the other areas of the game.

1st off I was talking about expectations.

2nd. I'll give you we could not run the ball last year but we were middle of the rd in stopping the run and pass defense. Our special teams we improved upon. Returns, both punts and kicks, and our coverage units were better (excluding ark). PK sucked plain and simple but beleive it or not was not worse than the year before.

I still think this season will be...

Tennessee...38

floriDUHHH...17

We'll expose their great D and show everyone else how to pile up the points on them too.

I'm giving the gator O more respect than they'll probably deserve but with our new 3-4 D still learning I think we'll make a few mistakes and allow 2 TD's to happen by accident.

VFL...GBO!!!

Last year we put all our eggs in one baskett...our Passing Offense. After Hunter and the Bray went down so did our season.

1st off I was talking about expectations.

2nd. I'll give you we could not run the ball last year but we were middle of the rd in stopping the run and pass defense. Our special teams we improved upon. Returns, both punts and kicks, and our coverage units were better (excluding ark). PK sucked plain and simple but beleive it or not was not worse than the year before.

i don't know where you were statistically. all i know is that florida ran for about 150 on tennessee (and couldn't run the ball on anyone) and kentucky, lsu, south carolina and arkansas all ran for over 200.

i know there are extenuating circumstances involved. like florida, tennessee's offense wasn't helping it's defense. also, a team like south carolina may have run the ball 50 times.

but, it is what it is. you give 200+ yards on the ground, that ain't good

yeah, in case you missed it, urban meyer is not the head coach at florida anymore

No he's not but he will still effect your program down the road. Its finally coming out, what I've said all along, that this guy is the ultimate POS and imo, there may be some sanctions in your future. I think the guy was a cheater too. Jmo but I think its pretty solid!

I still think this season will be...

Tennessee...38

floriDUHHH...17

We'll expose their great D and show everyone else how to pile up the points on them too.

I'm giving the gator O more respect than they'll probably deserve but with our new 3-4 D still learning I think we'll make a few mistakes and allow 2 TD's to happen by accident.

VFL...GBO!!!

It's definitely Spring time around here. :blink:

You need to change your name from allvol123 to sometimesAvol.Because of your remarks about Dooley.If you were allvol you would hope that Dooley keeps his job because that would mean the vols did good on field.You sound like a fan that hopes the team does not win five games so Dooley would get fired.I hope he does so good of a job that he is the coach for the next twenty five years.As long as the vols get back to where they where in the 90,s.If not wait and talk about it after the season.

THIS THIS THIS THIS and not because I care one way or another about CDD but because it means the team is doing AWESOME!!!

Fastest way to curse UT is to make a thread about how the curse is over or how the black cloud has lifted.

www.maj.com_gallery_brickster4_LegoCurseOfTheMummy_curse3.jpg_SPLASH.jpg

I love these spring threads. New flowers, new gardens, new hope. I'll reserve my celebration until the game clock has run out on a couple of the games next season.

Every season we see these threads. They range from explaining how its obvious that UT is BCS bowl material this year, to how Dooley's plan is about to payoff, to the argument that UT is a shoe-in for the SECcg, to describing how (insert hatred rival name here) is on the cusp of crisis.

Meh, I suppose eventually one these threads is due to be right. Might as well post 'em every year.

VN Store

Back