Other Games: Tonight is the night...

Pretty good game so far. UM is being very physical with UCONN. Disrupting their rhythm. However, I saw OSU give the same fight only to run out of gas in the 2nd half..

UConn posts in foul trouble: Williams with 3, Collier and Butler with 2 each.

If Collier or Williams picks up an early one in the 3rd, I like Maryland's chances.

UConn 36 Maryland 31. That four point play by Nurse looms big and that other long three she hit.

UConn 36 Maryland 31. That four point play by Nurse looms big and that other long three she hit.

There's still a lot of basketball to be played, and Maryland is only down by 5. Maryland is showing that they can dominate on the boards, and they've kept UConn's post game in check. I'm holding out hope that Collier or Williams picks up another foul early in the 3rd. UConn has no depth, and they will be screwed if those 2 are hampered by foul trouble.

Go Maryland!!!!!

Well, this got out of hand in a hurry.

Might as well just package up the NC for UConn now...:thud:

UCONN's defense and halftime adjustments will be the difference assuming the posts do not foul out.

Its amazing uconn can still be this dominant after losing three of its best players..

Also ND is down 11 to nc state.. scote subject to change quickly though

4 fouls on Gabby and Napheesa with 3 min to go in the 3rd quarter and UConn up 13.

LET'S GO MARYLAND!

From 19 down, Maryland cuts it to 7 points with 7+ minutes in the game. They are tearing UConn up inside, and UConn is afraid to foul.

LET'S GO TERPS!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Brenda Frese is a heck of a coach. Wouldn't mind seeing her roaming the sidelines of TBA.

Hope is gone :(

79-70 with 2 minutes to go.

Can't win if you don't make open shots.

Let's go Gamecocks!

Some calls here...

Frese said she wanted more fouls and she certainly got them. I can't stand when coaches say that though because when you pray for the rain... you gotta deal with the mud.

Last edited:
87-81 UConn win. This was the best game of the season.

If UConn hadn't caught fire for those first 4 minutes of the 2nd half, it could have been a MD win.

I still believe they can be beaten. I'm hoping that even if they don't lose in the regular season, their weak ass conference will cool them down by the time the NCAAT rolls around.

Last edited:
What a coach Geno is man...with this group of players didn't think this year's team of his would be good at all

Reactions: 3 people
holly is just sitting back awaiting the moment to spring the trap on ucon. get em in the tourney, yea, that's it!

Reactions: 3 people
NCST 64 ND 57 with 2 1/2 min to go. I have not been sold on ND this year, but they will take out their frustration on Tennessee methinks.

DUKE 67 UK 47. This was close in the first half, but Duke pulling away. UK's lack of depth has caught up to them. No way they should beat Tennessee.

FLST 71 MIA 49 in the 4th Q. Haven't seen Miami play, so not sure if I should be surprised.

LOU 74 SYR 64 with 7 minutes to play. Both teams making lots of runs, but looks like Louisville has taken control of this one.

I did not see this coming!

One thing is for sure Brianna Turner must be injured, still or she's just not that dynamic of a player. One of the two?

There's a toughness that is missing from this season team. I've seen ND play 3 times this season and each time I said to myself they look beatable.

TENNESSEE y'all got next!! They can beat ND.

I just wish Holly wasn't coaching them. But she is so best of luck to the Lady Vols just the same. :loco:

I did not see this coming!

One thing is for sure Brianna Turner must be injured, still or she's just not that dynamic of a player. One of the two?

There's a toughness that is missing from this season team. I've seen ND play 3 times this season and each time I said to myself they look beatable.

TENNESSEE y'all got next!! They can beat ND.

I just wish Holly wasn't coaching them. But she is so best of luck to the Lady Vols just the same. :loco:

Turner looked soft against UConn. I don't know if she was injured or what, but I haven't been impressed in the few games I've seen from her this year. I don't think ND is the second best team in the country. I'd put them behind Maryland and Baylor, and probably SC.

I think this loss hurts Tennessee in the matchup, because they're going to be more fired up. Plus, Tennessee matches up with them poorly from a personnel and coaching standpoint, so Tennessee would have to play much better than their average, and ND would have to play below theirs. It happened to ND tonight, so it could happen again...so who knows.

VN Store

Back