Other Games: Tonight is the night...

I watched about 5 minutes. I complained about our offense, but OSU basically plays street ball and out of control. Mitchell basically does what ever she wants. OSU does not play good defense either.

OSU reminds me of street ball team playing in a YMCA league. They seriously need more discipline. They have the talent but a coach that appears to be lacking in the ability to coach such talent. On the other side of the coin, UCONN appears to be unbeatable, especially if you lack the ability to be discipline. They are amazing considering that their tallest starting player is 6' 2' and they still outrebound taller teams.

OSU reminds me of street ball team playing in a YMCA league. They seriously need more discipline. They have the talent but a coach that appears to be lacking in the ability to coach such talent. On the other side of the coin, UCONN appears to be unbeatable, especially if you lack the ability to be discipline. They are amazing considering that their tallest starting player is 6' 2' and they still outrebound taller teams.

UConn boxes out really well and they crash the offensive boards hard. Gabby Williams is 5'11, but she can out-jump pretty much anyone in the country.

I think the only way to beat them is to get their posts in foul trouble.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep, just like Baylor was going to crush them....

It would be easier to take you seriously if you would form an opinion about anything before the fact. But since you won't open your trap until the result is in, I won't waste my time.

Let me know once you have anything of value to contribute.

It would be easier to take you seriously if you would form an opinion about anything before the fact. But since you won't open your trap until the result is in, I won't waste my time.

Let me know once you have anything of value to contribute.

I picked UConn to win big in the UConn/OSU thread that was apparently moved. And spoiler alert: they will win big against Maryland and South Carolina too so go ahead and write it down. But keep getting your hopes up....:good!:

Reactions: 4 people
I picked UConn to win big in the UConn/OSU thread that was apparently moved. And spoiler alert: they will win big against Maryland and South Carolina too so go ahead and write it down. But keep getting your hopes up....:good!:

I'm sure they will, but I choose to hold out for hope that something other than the inevitable happens between now and the NCAA championship game.

Then I suggest you find other hobbies for when the thread topics on Volnation are not to your liking, or start your own thread if you want to talk about something else. There's a button on the bottom of the page. Maybe you can start one called, "Why do I use so many question marks in all of my posts???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"

I don't see how that would be relevant to the Lady Vols though....for which this forum is specified for...............................

Reactions: 1 person
I don't see how that would be relevant to the Lady Vols though....for which this forum is specified for...............................

That's what the Mods are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my threads are against the TOCs, then shouldn't they say something???????????????????????????????????? Again, if you aren't interested in the topics, then maybe you should skip over them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think??????????????????????????????????????????? Why are you even bother saying anything when all you do is type with a lot of exclamation and question marks anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Reactions: 3 people
That's what the Mods are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my threads are against the TOCs, then shouldn't they say something???????????????????????????????????? Again, if you aren't interested in the topics, then maybe you should skip over them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think??????????????????????????????????????????? Why are you even bother saying anything when all you do is type with a lot of exclamation and question marks
anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

U seem a bit bothered tonight.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure they will, but I choose to hold out for hope that something other than the inevitable happens between now and the NCAA championship game.

I too am holding out hope that they get knocked off sooner than later. If Maryland can't do it then I'm hoping SC plays a complete game & gets it done. They aren't invincible & FSU almost beat them to start the season. Let's just see how things play out.

That's what the Mods are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my threads are against the TOCs, then shouldn't they say something???????????????????????????????????? Again, if you aren't interested in the topics, then maybe you should skip over them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you think??????????????????????????????????????????? Why are you even bother saying anything when all you do is type with a lot of exclamation and question marks anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes, No, because I can! Simple.

You act as if I use excessive punctuations EVERYTIME I post! You seem a little pressed, I'm telling you, they would REALLY REALLY enjoy you over on the boneyard with the type of post you post regarding our team and theirs! You should start a membership over there....I included the link in my other post! :) Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! Peace & Good Vibes my UCONN buddy! :)

I'll speak on this OSU-Uconn game I suppose to the annoyance of some Lady Vol fans

It doesn't matter who you root for if you're a fan of WCBB as I am, YOU ADMIRE GREAT BASKETBALL This link accurately describes the game I watched last night
Connecticut Huskies win 85th consecutive game with typical dominance

Lady Vol fans posting here desparately want to see improvement in the Lady Vols. It doe not dishonor the spirit or tradition of the Lady Vols to watch and learn and - - more hopefully - - the coaching staff watching and learning from UConn's superiority. They are head and shoulders above everyone. They've lost like two of the last like 160 games by a combined total of 4 points between the 2 losses per Michelle Voepel

If you love WCBB why not embrace this as an opportunity to further grow the game? Growth of the game ultimately helps the Vols. Not every top recruit can go to UConn and they don't. Many teams get high quality recruits. It is really only UConn who knows how top delvelop their players,

Next year the Vols have the top class. Hope our coaching staff draws some inspiration from watching UConn. Every coach has an open invitation to attend a UConn practice. I would hope stubborness would not get in the way of Holly and her staff from learning something from the best.

Gule said it well. I'm not sure this year's team. at least at this point in the season, would beat the Sparks. Last years UConn team likely would have beat most of the WNBA, if not the Sparks and the Linx. If yo are a WCBB fan you have to admire just how good a colege team is to be able to beat the pros. It is just incredible. Un heard of in any sport

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I wonder if Gabby could jump if somebody spent a few seconds stepping on her toes, lol

She wouldn't out jump me more than once. ;)

One thing I have learned is that none of the highly rated post players of last year are any good at this time in their career. None have done as well as Russell did as a freshman. I think the entire post class last season was overrated. Let us hope that Green who has a lot of experience and KK will play much better for us next season.

I feel it...OSU will take down UConn.

19-16 UConn after the 1st quarter, thanks to a late 7-0 OSU run, including a 35 foot buzzer beater by Kelsey Mitchell.

Let's go, Buckeyes!!!!

Anyway, that 1st half was fun. I really thought OSU would at least make it an entire game. But alas, UConn is too organized and methodical in a good way for OSU the run and gun it team to had beaten them.

Linnae Harper should had played more. I don't know why she didn't, possibly injured if not than wrong move by their coach.

Last edited:
I too am holding out hope that they get knocked off sooner than later. If Maryland can't do it then I'm hoping SC plays a complete game & gets it done. They aren't invincible & FSU almost beat them to start the season. Let's just see how things play out.

That was the time to beat them, at the start of the season. Once they won at Notre Dame, the rest of the regular season became smooth sailing as they continue to improve every game....

Anyway, that 1st half was fun. I really thought OSU would at least make it an entire game. But alas, UConn is too organized and methodical in a good way for OSU the run and gun it team to had beaten them.

Linnae Harper should had played more. I don't know why she didn't, possibly injured if not than wrong move by their coach.

Harper couldn't guard KLS. She would just post up on her and that's it. Mavunga and Harper are just now back to playing, so I can see OSU being a lot better by the time conference play ends than they are now. But they need to find ways to get the other players besides Mitchell and Mavunga involved. Sierra Calhoun is the second leading scorer, and I think she finished with 0 points.

Harper couldn't guard KLS. She would just post up on her and that's it. Mavunga and Harper are just now back to playing, so I can see OSU being a lot better by the time conference play ends than they are now. But they need to find ways to get the other players besides Mitchell and Mavunga involved. Sierra Calhoun is the second leading scorer, and I think she finished with 0 points.

What was Harper doing guarding KLS? At first I was like Harper need to switch off of her but then I seen it again and again.

Calhoun is awful. She played a ton of minutes, too. Those minutes should had went to Kiara Lewis or Harper for sure.

Shayla Cooper played a good game. But OSU's other post players appeared slow. UConn got almost every loose ball and rebound.

Maryland got next but I doubt they'll win and South Carolina ain't going to beat them either. Perhaps on a wing and a prayer? Other than that. Nope.

RE McCoy: haven't seen her play but avg. of 8 points and 5 rebounds in 15 minutes or so is very good.

RE UConn: Nobody is beating them as they are too well drilled and coached, with their talent. There are probably a few coaches in America who are as good as Geno, but they tend not to have his talent and they certainly are not at South Carolina or Tennessee.

Reactions: 5 people
What was Harper doing guarding KLS? At first I was like Harper need to switch off of her but then I seen it again and again.

Calhoun is awful. She played a ton of minutes, too. Those minutes should had went to Kiara Lewis or Harper for sure.

Shayla Cooper played a good game. But OSU's other post players appeared slow. UConn got almost every loose ball and rebound.

Maryland got next but I doubt they'll win and South Carolina ain't going to beat them either. Perhaps on a wing and a prayer? Other than that. Nope.

Poor Linnae Harper. She's a 6'2 wing player trapped in the body of a 5'7 guard. They may have been better off having her defend Gabby Williams and let Shayla Cooper guard KLS. OSU likes to run a 3 guard, 2 post lineup. They don't have a "true" small forward on the team. KLS is 6'3, and she will exploit mismatches at the wing all day. If she doesn't decide to just shoot over her shorter defender, she will post them up. You need to put a big body on her, which is the reason I think that SC might be a better match up. 6'0 Allisha Gray or 6'2 Kaela Davis will be a more difficult perimeter matchup for Samuelson on defense as well as offense.

It took awhile, but I think Stephanie Mavunga played a really solid game last night. 13 points 15 rbd 60% shooting. They had no one that could stop her once she was in position. She could have used some help from Cooper on rebounds, but it seemed like she was never in position and was hovering out of the paint. On a side note, it wasn't until watching yesterday's game that I noticed how long Napheesa Collier's arms are. That probably explains why she rebounds and blocks shots so well for someone that's only 6'1.

I'm still going to hold out hope that Maryland or SC will figure out how to handle UConn. If SC can get the UConn starting posts in foul trouble like Baylor did, I think that's the key to victory.

VN Store

Back