Other Games: Tonight is the night...

Goodbye #1 or #2 seed, Maryland.

OSU wins 98-87.

MSU should be #2 in the coaches poll tomorrow.

Slocum will be a good one but Maryland is overrated and they don't deserve a number one seed because just like Kim Mulkey, Brenda Freese refuses to schedule tough teams when she doesn't have a team she thinks she can win with.

Slocum will be a good one but Maryland is overrated and they don't deserve a number one seed because just like Kim Mulkey, Brenda Freese refuses to schedule tough teams when she doesn't have a team she thinks she can win with.

I don't blame Brenda this year, with how young her team was. But I have to give Geno and Karen Alston credit for their murder row OOC schedule with their unproven teams. It's particularly paying off for Texas.

Reactions: 1 person
Playing for Kim mulkey has to be frustrating, if her players make one mistake they are coming out the game.

I don't know if it's that, or if she is trying to find the right combination. Tough life for her to have to figure out which highly talented 6'3-6'7 post player to use.

Kim seems to have decided that Nina Davis is not going to be a factor tonight.

Texas over Baylor 36-25 at the half. Great defense by Texas, other than an inability to slow down Baylor's Amazon. Looks like they are gambling with single coverage and making her work for her points, which she is happily obliging.

Texas looks like a legit #1 seed. Can't believe they lost to Oklahoma, but if they win this game and no more upsets, I can see them stealing Baylor's #1.

Looks like Baylor will complete the comeback and their #1 seed should be preserved. Baylor was without Alexis Jones and Texas lost Kelsey Lang to a probable confusion. Without Lang, they had no post presence and missed her rebounding.

Texas closes it to 63-66 with 35 sec left. Still a chance.

Wow, tight game with Kentucky vs. MSU. Kentucky up 64-63 with 54 seconds left after a Vivians 3.

Looks like UK will pull this off. Much needed game for the Wildcats. I don't see the loss taking away MSU's #1 seed. Akhator and Epps with a lot of big plays. Watching Evelyn, I'm surprised Mercedes was able to defend her so well.

TAMU up 30-29 on SC in the second half. Glory Johnson is frustrating SC with her relentless rebounding. Her new weave looks better than the one she had at Tennessee.

Wow, UK. UT has more talent, but less team chemistry and cohesiveness. I wish the LVs could pull it together and play up to their potential.

Wow, UK. UT has more talent, but less team chemistry and cohesiveness. I wish the LVs could pull it together and play up to their potential.

Less talented, but more balanced. They can score from all five positions. I still think they are vulnerable to teams with size.

Less talented, but more balanced. They can score from all five positions. I still think they are vulnerable to teams with size.

True. If UK can beat MSU, the LVs should be able to, as well. But beating them on their own floor on Senior Day will take UT's A game. And Nared hasn't brought her A (or even B) game for a month.

VN Store

Back