Oregon crowd nice,but a strange looking bunch in general

Just lay it down to anti-mugging wear. If you don't look like you got nothing, muggers figure you ain't got nothing to take. I dress that way every time I'm in the market for a new car and don't want a salesperson in my face. I like to comparison shop in peace. When ready to buy, I go to nearby gas station and change to '"customer for real" clothes and a solid attitude of what I want and won't be talked into. Street muggers or car salesmuggers, dressing like that can help.

OK, now you nitwits saying the NW doesn't have pretty women must have accidentally transported to the Russian steppes. I've been on multiple and long trips to Oregon, Washington, and Northern California. I can tell you (my favorites) Stanford girls sizzle, Oregon gals are so darn cute and not exactly what I'd call shy. N. Cali? Well, it's California you know, walking beauty pageant city and all that. Plus these NW gals seem to be mostly healthily slender rather than thickish and personally, I don't mind thick, better rides in my opinion. So next time you putdown guys go NW make sure you're not on the Russian steppes and open your darn eyes.

I like this post. :thumbsup:

All I want to hear about is the women. Anybody else have stories about women?

First let me say that you guys have the BEST FANS I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS!! You guys are very knowledgeable when it comes to football (No surprise since as a whole the South and midwest take football much more seriously than the west coast) and for the most part everyone in Knoxville was very, very nice to not only me and the group I was with but all of the Duck fans in general. What really blew me away was the way you guys treated us after the game. I knew that a lot of the Vol fans I talked to before the game had an uneasy feeling going into kickoff but deep down i'm sure that they were no different from any other fanbase and had hope that you guys would pull out the win. When you guys didn't I wondered as I walked down from the upper level (Boy that was steep) how you guys would treat us Duck fans. I quickly found out as a group of UT fans came up shook my hand and said "You guys are a very good team!!! Now please, please, please whoop USC for us."
A couple other good notes:
1. Out of the very large stadiums I have been in (Rose Bowl, Big House, Coliseum) Neyland stadium is by far the best when it comes to atmosphere and seats/view.
2. I have NEVER seen so many hot girls in my life. That accent gets me every time.
3. I envy you guys because you have such great tradition and I really like all of the cool chants and songs you guys sing and play.

Best road trip I have been on and looking forward to returning the favor when you come to Eugene.

First let me say that you guys have the BEST FANS I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS!! You guys are very knowledgeable when it comes to football (No surprise since as a whole the South and midwest take football much more seriously than the west coast) and for the most part everyone in Knoxville was very, very nice to not only me and the group I was with but all of the Duck fans in general. What really blew me away was the way you guys treated us after the game. I knew that a lot of the Vol fans I talked to before the game had an uneasy feeling going into kickoff but deep down i'm sure that they were no different from any other fanbase and had hope that you guys would pull out the win. When you guys didn't I wondered as I walked down from the upper level (Boy that was steep) how you guys would treat us Duck fans. I quickly found out as a group of UT fans came up shook my hand and said "You guys are a very good team!!! Now please, please, please whoop USC for us."
A couple other good notes:
1. Out of the very large stadiums I have been in (Rose Bowl, Big House, Coliseum) Neyland stadium is by far the best when it comes to atmosphere and seats/view.
2. I have NEVER seen so many hot girls in my life. That accent gets me every time.
3. I envy you guys because you have such great tradition and I really like all of the cool chants and songs you guys sing and play.

Best road trip I have been on and looking forward to returning the favor when you come to Eugene.

very classy post. post often

I'm sure the people from Oregon saw a couple suspect characters from down here.

Hopefully, none of them made a wrong turn and ended up in Sneedville.
The folks in Sneedville are interesting, to say the least.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would think that people from Oregon and people from Sneedville would probably have alot of mutal interest in horticulture.

Had seats in the section where a lot of the Oregon fans were. They were really good sports fans. Loved the stadium, the songs, even wanted to know if we had rain like that often.....I told them only when we have ducks to swim in it.

yeah lets stay away from pointing out what other fans look like when half of ours look like they just got of Larry the Cable guys tour bus

LOL...best post in this thread and spot on! Btw....the Oregon cheerleaders were...as one poster put it...smokin' hot. For our fans to bring up the "appearance" of a rival fan base is...well...hard to fathom.

I saw a group of our fans going into a commercial break and they all had a huge dip of snuff in their mouths. We need to incorporate a banjo into our band, then we would be the PRIDE of the southland band!
:crazy::post-4-1090547957::number1:

The day I look around Neyland stadium and don't see not one good ol' boy with a phat dip of snuff in his mouth I'm leaving ha ha!!

I unfortunately was side-by-side with some Ducklings while tailgating, and I wasn't too impressed with their hospitality. They just seemed kind of pretentious.

May I just point out, droski, that your posts are riotous. Always have me rolling. Please, PLEASE post until your magical fingers need individual casts.

We're not really in a position to talk. Many of our fans thought it was the perfect time to wear huntin' camo to the game.

We're not really in a position to talk. Many of our fans thought it was the perfect time to wear huntin' camo to the game.

Yeah it was a Duck Hunting theme Einstien. I think my post was taken wrong. I never said the Duck fans weren't nice or knowledgable. I also never said anything about their women. I simply said many of the Duck fans I saw looked rough. No need to slam our fanbase and their country roots. I always grouped Oregon with Colorado for some reason. I was looking for mountain hiking,bike riding health nuts. Maybe it was just those god awful colors they wear and the myriad of combinations. I did enjoy their fanbase like I did UCLA's. But personal grooming is not one of their strong points and neither is it a strong point of much of our base,who cares! Just making a statement! GO DUCKS POUND BOY KIFFIN!!!

Last edited:
I unfortunately was side-by-side with some Ducklings while tailgating, and I wasn't too impressed with their hospitality. They just seemed kind of pretentious.

The world is full people who are good in almost an angelic way. And people stuck in a Homo Erectus evolutionary branch. No group is immune to these two genre of bipedal primates.

Yeah it was a Duck Hunting theme Einstien. I think my post was taken wrong. I never said the Duck fans weren't nice or knowledgable. I also never said anything about their women. I simply said many of the Duck fans I saw looked rough. No need to slam our fanbase and their country roots. I always grouped Oregon with Colorado for some reason. I was looking for mountain hiking,bike riding health nuts. Maybe it was just those god awful colors they wear and the myriad of combinations. I did enjoy their fanbase like I

did UCLA's. But personal grooming is not one of their strong points and neither is it a

strong point of much of our base,who cares!
Just making a statement! GO DUCKS
POUND BOY KIFFIN!!!

Thank you!! Why do people on here bash our own fans for their country roots? Why?

Ducklydoright is a great example of how fans are supposed to be! Great post!

...now go beat USC and beat them BAD!

It's always interesting to see the fanbases from the different OOC schools we play. Oregon's crowd,while friendly and respectful were the strangest looking bunch of fans I've ever seen in Knoxville. Lots of unshaven,scruffy looking folks. Not the healthy fitness nuts (aka colorado) I expected. Of course their colors (puke green and pee yellow) and the endless combination of said colors added to the look. Good football team and friendly,albeit strange looking fanbase.

:)
Hipsters.

Yeah it was a Duck Hunting theme Einstien. I think my post was taken wrong. I never said the Duck fans weren't nice or knowledgable. I also never said anything about their women. I simply said many of the Duck fans I saw looked rough. No need to slam our fanbase and their country roots. I always grouped Oregon with Colorado for some reason. I was looking for mountain hiking,bike riding health nuts. Maybe it was just those god awful colors they wear and the myriad of combinations. I did enjoy their fanbase like I did UCLA's. But personal grooming is not one of their strong points and neither is it a strong point of much of our base,who cares! Just making a statement! GO DUCKS POUND BOY KIFFIN!!!

Many of those types aren't all football fans or they can't afford this trip or they spent their money doing other outdoor activities/trips while they still have some sunshine left here.....remember, this state doesn't do football like the south. Look at our roster, not many of them are from Oregon.

eta....there is a community called Sellwood, suburb of Portland.....anyway, they all ride bikes and many don't even have tv's.

Last edited:

Oh I know it was a duck hunting theme. It was just so incredibly stupid that I can't fathom why someone would think it was a good idea.

Ducklydoright is a great example of how fans are supposed to be! Great post!

...now go beat USC and beat them BAD!

Agreed. Nice to see fans appreciate fans from other teams and also appreciate others facilities/traditions etc.

Oregon may have some strange looking people...so does Tennessee and so does North Carolina where I live :eek:lol:

I do however remember seeing this one Oregon cheerleader on TV that was mega hott !! :rock: I don't have a pic of her but since these girls are so 'ugly'... I guess that they have to cover their faces. :shades:

oregon-cheerleaders.jpg

I guess that most everyone has made the move to dance squads like the Laker Girls. I remember cheerleaders being short thick girls with huge thighs that did all kinds of acrobatic stunts.

VN Store

Back